Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Since making everyone happy is a foolish design philosophy what has not connection to reality. This is how it's going to be with the new system for a single expansion like it or not. I like it as it tries something new.

Every spec gets one artifact weapon this is fair and the only fair way to do this, it's not because your class can wear multiple different types that it means you are entitled to multiple types. Quality over quantity also come to mind.
    Oh so it's not about making everyone happy it's about making some happier by not making everyone happy. That is somewhat in line with the typical WoW thinking. And if it were a question of quality, what sort of quality are we talking about here? Entertainment quality? Cause having 2H removed is not entertaining for me.

And I never said people should stop liking things I don't like, I did say I would rather see this stupid split in specs removed and weapons types becoming optional. We know it's possible since MOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Oh so it's not about making everyone happy it's about making some happier by not making everyone happy. That is somewhat in line with the typical WoW thinking. And if it were a question of quality, what sort of quality are we talking about here? Entertainment quality? Cause having 2H removed is not entertaining for me.

And I never said people should stop liking things I don't like, I did say I would rather see this stupid split in specs removed and weapons types becoming optional. We know it's possible since MOP.
    The weapon choice was determined by the majority, since they undoubtedly looked at 'most played with', yes it isn't about pleasing everyone since pleasing everyone is not a reality, guess you wanted to hear this again since you asked. Typical WoW thinking is more what you are displaying as pretending to be a special snowflake

You are not getting your way, even if the weapon split is going away you are still only getting one artifact weapon lay out and in this spec it's two 1 handers. Why? because that's the deal for every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    Because those same people and then some will be even happier when frost doesn't suck anymore. 2H was holding frost back, similarly to the enhancement thing people keep bringing up, or ferals and bear, or even DKs and 3 dps 3 tank specs. It just doesn't work in the long run, and having one "playstyle" per spec makes everything easier to balance and brings back class and spec uniqueness. every class and spec needs to have it's defining features which is what WoD lacked, and what hopefully this new xpac will bring, and the new artifact weapons being 1 special unique weapon per spec will hopefully build on that idea of class and spec flavor/individuality.
    And how does it suck exactly? You mean it scales like shit with gear? That's not a Frost spec issue that's a DK issue. Unholy scales just as poorly. Frost does not suck because of 2H or DW, it sucks because it tries to do the same thing differently. It shouldn't and since they managed to do it with monks I don't see why they couldn't do it with frost. Frost needs to be redesigned and I've known that for a while now, but that is not a good enough reason to kill one of the weapon choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The weapon choice was determined by the majority, since they undoubtedly looked at 'most played with', yes it isn't about pleasing everyone since pleasing everyone is not a reality, guess you wanted to hear this again since you asked. Typical WoW thinking is more what you are displaying as pretending to be a special snowflake

You are not getting your way, even if the weapon split is going away you are still only getting one artifact weapon lay out and in this spec it's two 1 handers. Why? because that's the deal for every spec.
    Well the expansion is still in development, if this isn't the best time to bring this up, when is it? If they gave druids a 4th spec because people asked I don't see why we shouldn't get an option to get a 2H artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the expansion is still in development, if this isn't the best time to bring this up, when is it? If they gave druids a 4th spec because people asked I don't see why we shouldn't get an option to get a 2H artifact.
    Because it's not the same thing? A druid is unique and even in that regard it only has dual spec setup also not one more, what you are asking is for another spec slot to easily swap into.

In addition to why this won't be happening, warriors can ask for 1 handers or 2 handers on top of what they will be getting monks both brew and windwalker and can ask for it. All caster classes can ask for either a 2 hander to be added or a 1Hander and off hand. It is not happening, one artifact per spec you might have issues accepting this but it won't change due to not just extra work but the concept has been set that every spec gets one 'lore' related weapon. Multiple artifact weapons per spec diminishes the uniqueness they try to setup.

But hey don't believe me keep on fighting the good fight take it to the beta boards it's your time to waste not mine

7+ Year Old Account
    It's in an odd spot. But, it's not going to be 2h over DW. Not only is Dualwield the more popular play style (and always has been) it's the primary intended play style (see the frost DK runes) and it has more support in characters (Thassarian). Overall it's probably going to strangle out things like SMF, 2h DKs and probably some Monk styles, but I always felt these were sort of half baked mini-specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's in an odd spot. But, it's not going to be 2h over DW. Not only is Dualwield the more popular play style (and always has been) it's the primary intended play style (see the frost DK runes) and it has more support in characters (Thassarian). Overall it's probably going to strangle out things like SMF, 2h DKs and probably some Monk styles, but I always felt these were sort of half baked mini-specs.
    2H is popular enough to have stayed alive to this point. They tried to remove it once and it was brought back because people wanted it back. That has to count for something.

I for one would be VERY upset if they removed 2H Frost. I really enjoy it, it's very satisfying hitting big Obliterate numbers and wrecking things. I'm already pretty annoyed that 2H is currently doing so poorly. I too was concerned to see only 1H Artifacts for Frost spec listed. It's early yet so I'm still hoping there's a 2H option, but I don't think just removing the playstyle is a good move. "Just play Unholy!" is not a good solution. If I wanted to I would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I for one would be VERY upset if they removed 2H Frost. I really enjoy it, it's very satisfying hitting big Obliterate numbers and wrecking things. I'm already pretty annoyed that 2H is currently doing so poorly. I too was concerned to see only 1H Artifacts for Frost spec listed. It's early yet so I'm still hoping there's a 2H option, but I don't think just removing the playstyle is a good move. "Just play Unholy!" is not a good solution. If I wanted to I would be.
    Frost DKs not being able to wield Shadowmourne in timewalker dungeons. That would be sad.

Deleted
    Removing 2h frost would be great, then they can finally fix the damn spec.

Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    Because those same people and then some will be even happier when frost doesn't suck anymore. 2H was holding frost back, similarly to the enhancement thing people keep bringing up, or ferals and bear, or even DKs and 3 dps 3 tank specs. It just doesn't work in the long run, and having one "playstyle" per spec makes everything easier to balance and brings back class and spec uniqueness. every class and spec needs to have it's defining features which is what WoD lacked, and what hopefully this new xpac will bring, and the new artifact weapons being 1 special unique weapon per spec will hopefully build on that idea of class and spec flavor/individuality.
    Why was 2H holding Frost back? Why wasn't it DW? Frost was always a 2H spec, DW was added later. If anything, DW should be cut out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigersgora View Post
    Removing 2h frost would be great, then they can finally fix the damn spec.
    Removing DW would be great, then they can finally fix the damn spec.

How about fixing the damn spec without removing either 2H or DW? For fuck sake! DW is a 2 button spec and 2H a 3 button spec. Frost is in dire need of a proper redesign.

How about fixing the damn spec without removing either 2H or DW? For fuck sake! DW is a 2 button spec and 2H a 3 button spec. Frost is in dire need of a proper redesign.
    I actually didn't spec Necrotic Plague simply because I would have no reason to keep Plague Strike on my bar anymore. Now at least I use it occasionally. MY Shaman suffers from too many buttons. My DK is like 'lol wut eez buttun'.

I for one am completely fine with 2H being phased out, it has no place to compete with DW, honestly. Being essentially the pure single target form of the spec, which it isnt even great at now, it just doesnt make sense to keep it around, and it makes balancing the spec easier than before, instead of having to try to juggle between the two.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Deleted
    I don't see why they couldn't just give an option for a 2H version of the DW weapons. They look the same, just make a larger scale version.

When I think Death Knight, I think big twohanded runeblades. Instead we get a big axe for blood, dual wield swords for frost and 2H sword for unholy only.

Honestly i've always seen Unholy as the 2h DK spec, frost always felt like it was designed to be a 'blizzard' of attacks (2h frost feels too warrior like imo, it plays similarly too.

Multiple classes don't get the exact weapon they want, you can't seriously be expecting them to make a 1h/2h/oh/shield for every single spec that can use it can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Honestly i've always seen Unholy as the 2h DK spec, frost always felt like it was designed to be a 'blizzard' of attacks (2h frost feels too warrior like imo, it plays similarly too.

Multiple classes don't get the exact weapon they want, you can't seriously be expecting them to make a 1h/2h/oh/shield for every single spec that can use it can you?
    No but I expect to keep the weapon type I've been using since day one WOTLK. Some want DW others want 2H, there has to be a way to please everyone.

Gonna assume Fury warriors will be in a similar boat as frost. Do we get one handers? do we get twohanders? do we get both?

While other specs have different weapon choices axe/sword/mace, frost and fury play completely different depending on weapon type. A paladin with a twohanded sword is no different than one with a polearm or a two handed mace, but Frost dk who dual wields one handers has different stat priority and rotations than one who uses a two hander, same of Fury (mostly).
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

ummm gee since Unholy is a 2-hand spec for Death Knights, the 2-hand artifact for Frost DK's will use the unholy one I bet.

In fact there is information on the official Legion Site that shows some pics of the DK 2-hand Axe

That's the blood spec axe. And I don't think we'll be able to use them since they seem to be directly tied to our current spec.

2-Handed Frost should never have been allowed to exist in the first place. Dual Wield is most likely all you're going to get.