Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Warrior hall is going to be a Vrykul Castle/hall.

Nothing more appropriate for warriors, since they have all that Norse/Valhalla theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's just nonsensical, no matter which way you look at it.

First off, they should be faction specific. Getting away with a shared capitol city hub is enough, it at least makes a bit of sense when you have the Kirin Tor or whoever sitting around enforcing you play nice while hunting down the "real" enemy.

The whole "PC is the leader" shit is getting old though. It didn't work worth a damn in WoD and it doesn't work now. All it does is hurt the story, deemphasize the characters, and make us feel stupid every time we get a quest to collect bear asses, put out a fire, find a lost teddy bear or pick up poop for the 14th time.

Why can't Saurfang be the leader of the class hall? Why can't Thrall, Jaina, Alleria, Turalyon, Tirion, etc? We can be their lieutenants, still arbitrarily important, but not to the point where it's kind of ridiculous that we aren't simply sending our minions out on raid every week to net us free epics. Oh wait, we've already done that. Funny how they managed to kill the bosses before some of our own characters did!

At least as lieutenants (call them champions, whatever), we are important enough to be honored but not so important we don't get our hands dirty, and it makes room for more than one of us to walk into the Class Hall at the same time.
    With this, even the Artifacts would still work. The biggest leader doesn't necessarily wield the most powerful weapon, but may instead give it to his most trusted lieutenant.

Warrior Class Halls should not be a sanctuary zone.

Goldshire Inn, CRZed to Moongaurd.

Probably Fray Island, as many have said.

A Vrykul longhouse would make perfect sense to me, styled after Valhalla and having all of the world's greatest warriors convene, I think it'd be a terribly missed opportunity if they went with a simple Fray Island fighting pit Order.
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    You act like it's a bad thing. Power Rangers kicks ass!

Deleted
    An arena would fit the class quite well, I think.

Considering the Vyrkul/Viking theme, I could see the class hall being something like a Viking longhouse/badass drinking hall.

that'd be dope
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Yeah, Class Halls are pretty stupid.

The Alliance and Horde are still at War!

Warriors on both sides fighting, bloodied and battered. A horn sounds signalling the retreat, and a weary Human Warrior turns his opponent, the frothing Orc Berserker, spits blood and says... "Hey, wanna go back to the hall and get a beer?"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Considering the Vyrkul/Viking theme, I could see the class hall being something like a Viking longhouse/badass drinking hall.

that'd be dope
    THIS !

it has to be it would go really well with the vyrkul king sword and shield for the prot warr !

Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    I feel like neutrality can work, most of the big name npc's are pragmatic enough to put aside the faction war when shit gets really bad. I agree completely with the PC is the leader being played out, I would much rather be helping Saurfang or someone lead the worlds warriors to victory.
    But trying to say every Warrior, every Paladin, every Shaman, etc, hangs out with one another when they aren't on the battlefield? Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steinheart View Post
    Something a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that we're literally on the edge of annihilation.
    What's wrong about Alliance/Horde actually teaming up for the greater good? Settle the petty differences after you've stopped the Legion from destroying the world.
    A lot of heroes are going to fall at the Broken Shores, leaving us to pick up the pieces and carry on the fight. If that's not reason enough to set aside things and kill a lot of demons, well, I'm not sure what is.
    We are figuratively on the edge of annihilation every expac, and yet the alliance and the horde are still at war! (supposedly).

There's nothing wrong with big name NPCs working together, especially the ones who cross faction lines time and again so much they might as well be neutral (Khadgar, Thrall, etc).

But they preface the expansion with The Alliance and the Horde are still at War! Every expansion they try to rehype the faction war, but then they throw shit like this in and it becomes nonsensical.

Personally I don't care one way or another, but for the sake of story coherency they need to pick a side.

1. Either the Alliance and Horde are pseudo friendly, and they take time off to smack each other around in arenas, "Argent Tournament" style;
    2. or they are enemies who attack on sight, and stop hanging out together in their off time.

But trying to say every Warrior, every Paladin, every Shaman, etc, hangs out with one another when they aren't on the battlefield? Give me a break.
    Not necessarily "hanging out"; they're (part-time) working with members of their order to achieve a mutual goal.

No one is saying there won't be angst among their members, but for a short period of time, they are able to set aside an allegiance to focus on another.

We've seen classes from opposing factions come together before in the cult that is/was The Black Harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Yeah, an obviously comedic video from MoP, and yet the first thing we did upon arriving, and actually throughout the entire expansion was fight the other faction. I also seem to recall Metzen citing the end of the "age of the whimsical panda", and that "war is coming back to warcraft". If I recall correctly that was almost verbatim the intro line for Warlord of Draenor.
    *Funnily enough, story wise MoP actually had more faction war than any other expansion to date.*

Look, I'm not saying its not plausible for a couple people fighting to chill out and rest. Neutral towns kind of exemplify that fact, but in those cases, it's because of a third, neutral faction holding the peace. Like an uneasy armistice while you work against the true enemy.

What you don't see are the troops all forming class halls and hanging out together all the time. Class Halls aren't neutral bars, they are areas dedicated to X class, with class leaders and so on. They are essentially class specific guilds. If this is the thing, why do we even have factions anymore? Why am I not recruiting trolls into my Alliance guild?

Sure, you can force it in game and make it work; but it's just bad story telling. Put the war into warcraft... or take it out, stop half assing things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fawfull View Post
    Not necessarily "hanging out"; they're (part-time) working with members of their order to achieve a mutual goal.

No one is saying there won't be angst among their members, but for a short period of time, they are able to set aside an allegiance to focus on another.

We've seen classes from opposing factions come together before in the cult that is/was The Black Harvest.
    Yeah, with those few groups that transcend factions. But Class Halls don't do that. They are hang out spots, they are player/guild housing done by class instead, it's still bad story telling.

You conveniently leave out the fact that those groups only work towards their group interest, they don't participate in the actual faction war, while we still do. You are telling me that on Tuesday we are going to chill out in our class hall and swap Bladestorming tips, while Wednesday we are going to kill eachother in Warsong Gultch? Give me a break.

Deleted
    Sorry to say, but we get the point. You are against Class Halls. Blizzard is putting them in. Tough luck. Could we nog discuss further on what those class halls would be and what we get to do there for the Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Sorry to say, but we get the point. You are against Class Halls. Blizzard is putting them in. Tough luck. Could we nog discuss further on what those class halls would be and what we get to do there for the Warriors?
    Sorry to say but it's a thread about Class Halls, and we don't know shit about shit about what we will do there (aside from the scant details given out) or where it will be. It's on topic discussion and I'd rather talk about things we know than wildly speculate about things we don't, but if you feel like you don't want to see it, feel free to ignore me.

Deleted
    No need to ignore you, class halls are coming, crusading against the concept is a lost cause already, and that even without the shit about shit we don't know

It really looks like they claim we're still at war just to keep people happy that have complained the last few years that the faction hatreds have gone stale.

In reality it seems more like the stage we were at in Wrath, both factions may not be allies but they aren't currently locked in a battle for resources and power until the universal threat at hand is taken care of. Nevertheless even if this were the case I agree that segregation should be apparent within the class halls (there is something posted on the front page about that idea now, hope they put the effort in for it).

In some cases it even seems silly to have different specs / disciplines of the same class together, for example warriors could easily be frothing, berserking, drunk maniacs suited to a tavern / arena, on the other hand they could be noble knights. When it comes to a class hall though we'll probably get something fitting with the frothing berserker concept though as (a) that's probably the majority and (b) paladins will probably get the "noble knight" treatment for their class hall.

Deleted
    Either a gym for comic effect, or a brawlers guild type of thing I'd be happy with

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    No need to ignore you, class halls are coming, crusading against the concept is a lost cause already, and that even without the shit about shit we don't know
    I'm not crusading against them. Have you even read anything I wrote?

I never said I hated them, I said the idea of them being faction neutral is silly, and (for other reasons), claiming the player is "in charge" is equally silly.

And, not saying it will happen, but if you think just because something was announced means it'll be in the final version of the game.... well I refer you to the Dance Studio, Bladespire/Karabor, Kargaths death, Grom as the final boss of Warlords, and so on.

I hope there is at least one bench. Maybe in memory of Blackhand (mythic).

It's just nonsensical, no matter which way you look at it.

First off, they should be faction specific. Getting away with a shared capitol city hub is enough, it at least makes a bit of sense when you have the Kirin Tor or whoever sitting around enforcing you play nice while hunting down the "real" enemy.

The whole "PC is the leader" shit is getting old though. It didn't work worth a damn in WoD and it doesn't work now. All it does is hurt the story, deemphasize the characters, and make us feel stupid every time we get a quest to collect bear asses, put out a fire, find tha lost teddy bear or pick up poop for the 14th time.

Why can't Saurfang be the leader of the class hall? Why can't Thrall, Jaina, Alleria, Turalyon, Tirion, etc? We can be their lieutenants, still arbitrarily important, but not to the point where it's kind of ridiculous that we aren't simply sending our minions out on raid every week to net us free epics. Oh wait, we've already done that. Funny how they managed to kill the bosses before some of our own characters did!

At least as lieutenants (call them champions, whatever), we are important enough to be honored but not so important we don't get our hands dirty, and it makes room for more than one of us to walk into the Class Hall at the same time.
    The whole point of the strongholds is that the factions are failing the world in its greatest time of need. See, the expansion launches with a big battle at a place called "The Broken Front", where many of the worlds heroes are either dying (Tirion Fordring) or losing all hope and giving up (Thrall). Apparently the Legion really messes up Azeroth with their initial invasion. Despite this, Alliance and Horde continue their battling. So its up to the heroes to consolidate their forces and fight the real enemy: the burning legion.

Do bear in mind, these strongholds are not yours. You share them with others of your own class. Likewise its been confirmed that they will be separated in certain ways. For instance, the Paladin Stronghold will have at least three areas: one for traditional alliance paladins, one for sunwalkers, one for blood knights. So there will still be faction flavor.

Now, getting back to the subject at hand. I just really hope that the warrior stronghold isn't Orc themed: like on draenor or something. Assuming that the stronghold may have some minor connections to our weapons, I'm hoping the warrior hall is somewhere in Howling Fjord. I feel that Vrykul are sufficiently "warrior" enough that no one race would feel out of place in a Vrykul den. Its got a good mix of civilized and barbaric, and would hopefully further direct the warrior theme, which has been something that the class has needed ever since DK came and took a bit of their brutalness. Blizz has been struggling to nail down a theme for warriors and it shows with some our god awful armor sets. If it does end up being Vrykul, then that pretty much makes us the Diablo Barbarians of WoW, and thats good in my book.

EDIT:
    Its also fair noting that just because places were associated with warrior does not mean they are anymore. For instance, the Rogue stronghold is apparently in the Dalaran sewers, rather than Ravenholdt manor, which was far more iconic rogue that fray was for warrior.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2015-08-08 at 12:26 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg