View Poll Results: Have you got pet battle training on at least one character?

Voters
218. This poll is closed
  • Yes

190 87.16%
  • No

28 12.84%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Welcome back!

Except that you're not really giving much of an opinion. You're just shitposting, calling pet battles pokemon and some garbage about an app store. You're complaining about something entirely optional and when told you don't have to do it, you just shitpost some more, still without providing any insight on why you don't enjoy them.
    I actually wasn't the one who said about an 'app store', but yes I did give my opinion, and the reason as to why I refuse to have anything to do with it. Read the main post again if you didn't catch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Momuilos View Post
    Don't tell me it is not satisfying to hear Lil' Ragnaros pummel a squirrel with Sulfuras Smash.
    Oh no, poor squirrel! Throw it's corpse this way so I can /hug it later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's sad to see devs working on pet battles. Their time could be used elsewhere. I play world of warcraft, not world of pokemon.
    How dare they give people options in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurn View Post
    It's been quite a while now since they added pet battles, and I still refuse to even get the training.
    I refuse to PvP - that must mean PvP is the problem ?

Honestly OP, you needed three options, one for "Yes - but actually tried them before I dismissed them".

That's the one I'd vote

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I actually agree with the OP. Im also a hater off it.

Mostly I hate it cause its tied to alot off achivements and stuff like that.

PS: I have played prolly around 3k hours pokemon. That includes dabbling inn some online WiFi batteles with a self-trained IV EV team, to getting 150 pokemons in blue with Mew bug. So I should like there version, but it just stupid to me alot.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I actually wasn't the one who said about an 'app store', but yes I did give my opinion, and the reason as to why I refuse to have anything to do with it. Read the main post again if you didn't catch it.
    I don't see any opinion or explanation as to why you dislike pet battles, I only see needless whining. You don't want to do pet battles because of the existence of pokemon? How does that make any sense? Do you also refuse to do karazhan because chess is a game in real life?

Also, forgive me for confusing you and Dawon. Your tone and attitude are similar and I got mixed up with the two of you. It is early in the morning after all.
    Last edited by Justin-Sane; 2015-08-07 at 09:33 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tell me it is not satisfying to hear Lil' Ragnaros pummel a squirrel with Sulfuras Smash.
    Haha - Ironically, because critters are resistant to elemental attacks, Lil' Ragnaros tends to get eaten by said squirrel :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And why would I waste my time reading patch notes on something that I'm not going to do in game? Your 'principles for life' are a tad wrong.
    It's called education...

Why would I want to educate myself, if all I wanna be is a mouth-breather.

Did I do that right now?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I don't see any opinion or explanation as to why you dislike pet battles, I only see needless whining. You don't want to do pet battles because of the existence of pokemon? How does that make any sense? Do you also refuse to do karazhan because chess is a game in real life?

Also, forgive me for confusing you and Dawon. Your tone and attitude are similar and I got mixed up with the two of you. It is early in the morning after all.
    Well I'm sorry you can't read, but it is there.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was only about 6 months into MoP that I actually tried out the pet battle thing. To be honest I was a bit dubious about it.

Turns out I found it to be a lot of fun. A nice distraction from the regular stuff I do in WoW.

As for those who complain about whether WoW actually needs such a feature, I'll throw this to you:

Most of the stuff that the game uses to execute pet battles are existing IP assets within the game. Collecting vanity pets (without the battle system) was already something that existed and was neat. Turning it into pet battles was simply a smart way of taking existing game assets and turning them into content that can provide significant entertainment for a significant portion of the playerbase. And if you're really not into it, that's fine, it's easy enough to ignore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It's called education...

Why would I want to educate myself, if all I wanna be is a mouth-breather.

Did I do that right now?
    Educate yourself in something you're not going to do, in a game where it's not going to matter anyway? Congratulations, you have your life's priorities down to a big owl capital T!

Well I'm sorry you can't read, but it is there.
    No, no it isn't. "I don't like pet battles and I'm going to cry on the forums about 100% completely optional content that is no less optional than transmog simply because of the existence of pokemon." Is not a very valid explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Haha - Ironically, because critters are resistant to elemental attacks, Lil' Ragnaros tends to get eaten by said squirrel :P
    Ye of little faith!

Deleted
    Anyway, I'm heading to bed. Have fun talking about this, and ignore the ignorant people crying over an opinion post. KKTHNXBYE XX

- - - Updated - - -

No, not it isn't. "I don't like pet battles and I'm going to cry on the forums about 100% completely optional content that is no less optional than transmog simply because of the existence of pokemon." Is not a very valid explanation.
    May as well reply to this ignorance before I go. I clearly didn't say 90% of that, so your just pulling shit out of your ass now to try and make your arguement seem relevant, so good luck being ignorant and cya later. MWAH XOXO

Deleted
    so your just pulling shit out of your ass now to try and make your arguement seem relevant, so good luck being ignorant and cya later. MWAH XOXO
    Someone needs a little nap-nap.

Anyway, I'm heading to bed. Have fun talking about this, and ignore the ignorant people crying over an opinion post. KKTHNXBYE XX

- - - Updated - - -

May as well reply to this ignorance before I go. I clearly didn't say 90% of that, so your just pulling shit out of your ass now to try and make your arguement seem relevant, so good luck being ignorant and cya later. MWAH XOXO
    Sigh. You just can't reason with these types of people. I don't know if it's because of their limited brain function or because they simply love to argue pointlessly, but whatever.

You create a thread saying you hate pet battles. Your one and only reason is "PURKEMANZ" which I'm assuming you mean to say pokemon. You cannot grasp that it's optional content that does not impact you in any way, shape or form, so you continue to whine without giving any explanation. I'm assuming that due to all the bitching about optional content, it's because you want to participate in it?

If that's the case, how about providing feedback and suggestions? Rather than "pet battles aren't pokemon, 0/10. Everyone who disagrees with me is ignorant."

Deleted
    good 4 you man, stand up to the man!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. You just can't reason with these types of people. I don't know if it's because of their limited brain function or because they simply love to argue pointlessly, but whatever.

You create a thread saying you hate pet battles. Your one and only reason is "PURKEMANZ" which I'm assuming you mean to say pokemon. You cannot grasp that it's optional content that does not impact you in any way, shape or form, so you continue to whine without giving any explanation. I'm assuming that due to all the bitching about optional content, it's because you want to participate in it?

If that's the case, how about providing feedback and suggestions? Rather than "pet battles aren't pokemon, 0/10. Everyone who disagrees with me is ignorant."
    It was probably triggered by the weekend event. Yeah, I agree, it doesn't make much sense that he dislikes something so intensely even though he's never tried it. Writing something off due to prejudice before even giving it a chance is a sure-fire way to miss out on the best things life has to offer, but that's his choice, and only himself that he is harming so I guess there's no point in really get worked up about.

It's been quite a while now since they added pet battles, and I still refuse to even get the training. If I wanted to PURKEMANZ I'd load up my gameboy/gameboy SP/emulator and play some proper shit.
    I dont like pet battles either, But i wanted the celestial pets(took me about a year to get them, because i loathed most of the time leveling the pets). But hey, the old way of "kill this mob 1000 times to have a chanse for that one CAT companion to drop wasent any better...

I hear some love it, so good for them, but this is not any diffrent then any other part of the game. I hate pve now a days, but to get the weapon i want, i need to raid.

To answer your pool, YES i got pet battle training, not because i enjoy it, but because i want certain pets.

I'm more of a pet collector rather than a pet battler.
    The only reason I levelled so many pets to 25 was so I could do the Celestial Tournament and garrison pet battle dailies easily to collect the pet rewards.
    Sitting at 697 pets now. I don't mind pet battles, they can be kind of fun especially when you have done all your old raids and stuff for the week and want something to do while you wait in LFR queues and stuff.
    They also give XP for levelling alts which is nice.

I also grew up on Pokemon though as a kid it was more "I like this Pokemon so I'm gonna use it" rather than nowadays Pokemon where it's like "This breed, this stat, this personality, these moves, this Pokemon" kind of thing. I find that WoW pets is in the middle, you can use pets you really like and not have to worry about personality traits and shit but you still need to know what combos of moves work the best.

If you don't like it so be it but really if you are an achievement completionist and complain that you don't like it and are losing points then that is your own fault, not the game's.
    I don't like PvP but I had to do all those excrutiating PvP achievements for world events but you don't see me complaining that PvP is a terrible thing.
    I sucked it up and did them.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye of little faith!
    I ate several Lil' Ragnaroses last night with my evil Darkmoon Rabbit (which is really just a squirrel in disguise).

That trap thing that stuns: Useless since the damage is mitigated and stuns don't work on critters. Sons of the Flame - I simply dodged through while Raggie bled and then hit him with a burrow after it ended.

Oh yes, and Unborn Val'kyr too. Om nom.

(never, ever understimate the power of the critter!)