7+ Year Old Account

To all the people who are playing WoW on a 1440p monitor!

Hello,

Im very tempted to upgrade to 1440p from 1080p and im curious how rough it will be to run it on my system.
    So thats why i wanna know what computers you guys have and how well it runs wow in 1440p.

So please post what GPU / CPU you have and if your running them on standard clocks or overclocked.

Thanks in advance.

oh btw i have a i7 3770k and gtx 680 2gb version.

For wow your specs will be fine for 1440p, anything else you're going to have problems.

Deleted
    I ran MoP @ Ultra x2 MSAA (2560x1440) without any problems with an old 980X + GTX 680 a few years ago, so it shouldn't be any issue what so ever. About raiding though, I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be that much of a performance hit. If you are currently running 1080p, you are probably also using MSAA or some other sampling option. With 1440p, that mostly wont be needed due to the higher PPI.

Double the pixels. Expect half the framerate on games that are bottlenecked by the GPU.

7+ Year Old Account
    As of now, i am only playing wow. And i really don't care about video settings. At 1080p i am running everything on low with particle density on high with view distance on good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run slightly higher, 3440x1440 on a GTX 980. Edit: To clarify, this combo has worked out really well.

Outdoor-wise you should run into issues at ultra. But just lowering shadows (and maybe take it easy on multisampling) has the potential to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    As of now, i am only playing wow. And i really don't care about video settings. At 1080p i am running everything on low with particle density on high with view distance on good.
    Why so low!? On my other PC with 1080p and a GTX 750Ti, I run most settings at ultra or high.
    Last edited by Wries; 2015-08-07 at 11:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno really, i guess i am used to playing like that. And i am playing on a 120hz monitor so i guess i wanted as close to 120 fps at all times x)

10+ Year Old Account
    For WoW I'd recommend any Ultrawide over 16:9, you can simply see more and have more space at the bottom for interface.

Like Wries said, 3440x1440.

But about the FPS, I'm sincerely not good with monitor models and can't really recommend anything 1440p 120/144hz. But in any case, you definitely not going to get there at crowded content like raids unless you put some settings down (And honestly, you should if you're raiding).

Edit: I see that you're already running with lower settings, you're wise. I don't think 2560x1440 would make much of a difference for your card, 3440x1440 might be heavier but still...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-08-07 at 12:21 PM.