Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"The professions team for Legion is the largest that Blizzard has ever had for WoW"

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

Professions are getting a lot of new stuff. The professions team for Legion is the largest that Blizzard has ever had for WoW, and they clearly heard the feedback that professions were underutilized in Warlords and overlapped with the Garrisons too much.
    Very excited to hear more about their plans about this. I hope we get a complex and compelling profession system. Maybe even bring back specializations?

World Of Craft : Materials are back.

since they show us that they understand they lost too much in homogenization and diversity playin a big role for them, yes, maybe specializations are possible. but i wait until i see whats in store. its a little bit scary that they dont say/show something about professions. blizz cut things fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do good work.

That is all.

For all we know this could mean it's two people now instead of one.

oh, yay, we now have 3 instead of 1. Shame on that 1 person that solely destroyed professions, BAN HIM OBVIOUSLY

If there are only artifact weapons in Legion it should mean no crafted weapons from professions. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'd love a complete overhaul of the professions system. Give it way more complexity and depth please.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

My first thought was "There was a professions team? Wow they had it easy in WoD."

Deleted
    My first thought as well. Realistically, how many people would you need on that anyway? If it doesn't include the art of crafted gear/weapons, then I don't really see how the professions team could have been big to begin with.

Like everything else they said in the reveal panel:
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'd love a complete overhaul of the professions system. Give it way more complexity and depth please.
    I'm in the same boat. I would love to see depth, complexity and impactful decision making when it comes to crafting. But they have a lot of hurdles to overcome. Mainly the fact that professions have been so linear in the past and have becoming increasingly easier to pick-up and utilize. If it follows the pattern from previous expansions, the level gap we have to overcome will only be around 75 "skill-up" points, so what will they do in that small interval? Will they focus more on end-game crafting with harder to grind materials? Or make it so drops only drop in certain places/bosses/circumstances that we have to cultivate?

Accessibility and ease of material collection means that there will always be an influx of craftables. I really enjoy grinding materials for powerful items. It's not everyones cup of tea but professions for me should be fun and engaging and WoW in general has a history of handling professions in a very underwhelming way; max level within first week, crafting items that have no fun or flare and a click-create system with no penalties, to provide some examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it means getting rid of anything resembling a herb garden and mine, great.

The biggest profession designer team as of yet. My biggest hope is that they implement a "transmog section" for each profession that could apply. Leatherworker, tailors and blacksmiths for example. They could craft a BoP transmog set (weapons + armor) but also an or several BoE transmog sets.

At least I think that would be cool

Yeah, yeah. In other news, the team that works on WoW is bigger than ever. They said this for WoD.

Sarcasm aside, since they shared nearly nothing on professions, it is obvious that they didn't even *decide* on much yet. I guess there can be some optimism, but it is pretty blind, if you ask me, they can totally just make some changes to the UI, ie, make a window for mass-disenchanting/milling/etc, do some other minor things, and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I hope they do good work.

That is all.
    Since there will only be artifact weapons and there is no housing in wow, i wonder what woodworking is going to be use for...

I loled! Well played..

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Like everything else they said in the reveal panel:
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Exactly my thoughts...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    "The professions team for Legion is the largest that Blizzard has ever had for WoW"

Result: 1 daily quest for each prof !

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: now you'll have weekly cooldowns instead of daily ones but crafting will still be a boring pile of crap.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

Result: 1 daily quest for each prof !
    Did they really say daily?