bigger push to personal loot?

icy veins did an interview w/ blizzard @ gc and asked them about demon hunters and leather usage (which would put 4 classes using leather) and the response:

As it stands, Demon Hunters are slated to wear Leather armor. The developers used to feel that having too many classes on one armor type could cause problems, but as the game has moved towards Personal Loot, that has become less of an issue.
    this made me curious, but maybe i'm reading too much into it, do you think there will be an even bigger push/incentive to make personal loot the "standard" outside of mythic raids? i would personally be in favour of anything which has the chance to cull the # of split raids guilds do prior to mythic raiding.

thoughts?

If this is the direction they want fine, but they need to force it and remove group loot then.

I don't know why they don't just do token based loot or point based loot (maybe you aren't as excited to down a boss when all you get is +100Valor).

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    If this is the direction they want fine, but they need to force it and remove group loot then.
    No they absolutely don't, that makes no sense. Giving people options is never a bad thing like that.

Not to mention before people need select pieces personal loot is pretty damn great to get a lot of upgrades across the raid. Unless you of course are superduperworldfirst raiders doing 2+ split raid clears with alts to funnel gear into mains.

Either your speculation is valid or they are giving the finger to organized raids again. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    icy veins did an interview w/ blizzard @ gc and asked them about demon hunters and leather usage (which would put 4 classes using leather) and the response:

this made me curious, but maybe i'm reading too much into it, do you think there will be an even bigger push/incentive to make personal loot the "standard" outside of mythic raids? i would personally be in favour of anything which has the chance to cull the # of split raids guilds do prior to mythic raiding.

thoughts?
    I don't like it, but for guilds to use personal loot , group loot has to be removed or shit loot has to be removed from loottables, in HFC half the items frmo the first 6bosses are garbage and everyone just wants trinkets / tier / weapons mostly.

Deleted
    At this rate we're just going to end up with the bosses dropping 5 "fragment of Guldan's skull" or whatever that can be turned in for one of 4 boss drop items or something.