10+ Year Old Account

"Artefacts can be transmogrified into something else but not the other way around."

https://twitter.com/icyveinscom/stat...68147956719623

"Artefacts can be transmogrified into something else but not the other way around. #Legion #BlizzGC2015 thanks @WatcherDev"

REJOICE!

No matter how cool the weapon, sometimes it just dont match the transmog you want to use. I am glad they are not being dumb about this one.

Why is this not the case for legendaries too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Why is this not the case for legendaries too?
    Because legendaries fall under the "not the other way around" side of it. They want you to transmog the artifact into something else but not give you the option to xmog into the artifact in the future (just like legendaries)

Deleted
    Feels kinda stupid. After legion you will not be able to tmog artifact weapons, or depends if they keep artifact weapons coming on future.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyz22 View Post
    Feels kinda stupid. After legion you will not be able to tmog artifact weapons, or depends if they keep artifact weapons coming on future.
    wouldnt shock me if the artifact system goes on to xpansion nr 7, makes no sense to only have it one expack
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

As a Orc Hunter i hate the artifact bow cause it looks way too elvish for my taste so im gonna stick with my original mog unless we get something else like a badass gun

(Im not going melee surv so i aint gonna get that polearm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Because legendaries fall under the "not the other way around" side of it. They want you to transmog the artifact into something else but not give you the option to xmog into the artifact in the future (just like legendaries)
    According to the front page, "older legendaries such as the cloak" *might* become transmoggable. Given that they express it in plural, and that the ring is a ring, I am kind of thinking that maybe the weapons will become moggable over artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    According to the front page, "older legendaries such as the cloak" *might* become transmoggable. Given that they express it in plural, and that the ring is a ring, I am kind of thinking that maybe the weapons will become moggable over artifacts?
    The full quote is "older time-limited legendary items", so I guess it depends on what they mean by time-limited. If it means items that are obtained through a long quest chain, that would most likely mean Shadowmourne, Fangs of the Father and Val'Anyr would become available. Maybe Thunderfury as well. If it means items that were only available for a limited time and can no longer be obtained, I guess that means Atiesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The full quote is "older time-limited legendary items", so I guess it depends on what they mean by time-limited. If it means items that are obtained through a long quest chain, that would most likely mean Shadowmourne, Fangs of the Father and Val'Anyr would become available. Maybe Thunderfury as well. If it means items that were only available for a limited time and can no longer be obtained, I guess that means Atiesh?
    Yeah Atiesh and the legendary cloak. Whooopie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah Atiesh and the legendary cloak. Whooopie.
    And the Ring according to Tom Chilton in the Yogscast interview

this statement already bothers me.

We're heading off to putting loads and loads of time in unlocking skins & whatnot for this artifact with a chance of it all becomming useless in the next expansion?

I mean, it's not a legendary and you can customize it, I don't see the prob why we shouldn't be able to tmog other weaps into this one.
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    this statement already bothers me.

We're heading off to putting loads and loads of time in unlocking skins & whatnot for this artifact with a chance of it all becomming useless in the next expansion?

I mean, it's not a legendary and you can customize it, I don't see the prob why we shouldn't be able to tmog other weaps into this one.
    I don't see any issues with an expansions gear being relevant for that expansion. You are leveling and earning your weapon to use in that expansion. Also the same reason legendaries cant be moged onto other weapons still holds for artifacts as well. (plus ya know..WHAT other weapons in legion?).

Maybe they will decide to remove the restrictions on artifacts in future expansions, maybe the artifacts will continue to the next expansion (with even more varied skins available). But I for one would not want to see such weapons transmogable onto other weapons. Their presence implies special talents, powers, upgrades, relics and stats. Which aren't there on a weapon moged to look like them.

I'm glad we can transmog Arties but I honestly don't understand why Blizzard puts up their reasons for not making normal legendaries like Warglaives of Azzinoth non-transmoggable anymore if in this expansion every player will have no choice but to use atleast one legendary lore weapon in the form of artifacts.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I'm glad we can transmog Arties but I honestly don't understand why Blizzard puts up their reasons for not making normal legendaries like Warglaives of Azzinoth non-transmoggable anymore if in this expansion every player will have no choice but to use atleast one legendary lore weapon in the form of artifacts.
    you can transmog artifacts but you cant transmog them onto other weapons.

But if you want, iam sure they'll let you transmog other weapons onto legendaries too.