Deleted

REstarting oru raid team. Need some help with healer comp

Hey guys.

So we are restarting our guidls raiding group for the rest of the expansion and are a bit short on healers. I'm gonna reroll one.

We currently have a Holy priest and Maybe a resto shaman.

What would fit in with these two in hellfire citadel?

I would prefer playing a monk, but i'm not sure if this would fit in?

This group is fairly bad to be honest and our only goal is clearing normal pre expansion end.

It seems that, in general, healing comps are so much better if you have a disc priest + holy paladin + any 1-3 other healers. Disc is almost required because of how good power word shield is, and holy paladin is almost required because of how much better they are at tank healing compared to any other class. The other healers round it off and provide the raid healing cooldowns.
    Last edited by Sxq; 2015-08-07 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    It seems that, in general, healing comps are so much better if you have a disc priest + holy paladin + any 1-3 other healers. Disc is almost required because of how good power word shield is, and holy paladin is almost required because of how much better they are at tank healing compared to any other class. The other healers round it off and provide the raid healing cooldowns.
    Thats what i was afraid to hear

It doesn't really matter if it's not mythic, and you're all decent players. You just don't want 3 of one type, especially Disc Priest. Double Disc is fine though, since one can go Shield spam spec, and the other can go Clarity of Will. I never understand why people throw fits about double Disc in 15 man.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-08-07 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Yup. Disc priest + hpal + rdruid have good synergy in nearly every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved the thread to Raids and Dungeons as there might be more interest in it here than in General Discussions. Four posts in several answers seems a little thin.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Resto shamans are downright broken for several fights. And of course, disc is god-tier. Holy Paladins are really good for whack-a-mole to make sure individuals picked for mechanics will be topped off. The other 1-2 healers don't matter too much, but of course having one resto druid is nice for filler hps and a cooldown in Tranq.

So yeah, I'd say the mandatory ones are 1x Resto shaman, 1x disc priest and 1x holy pally. The other 2 are pretty interchangeable.

If I made a 4 healer comp for a guild I ran, I would run:

1) Priest

2) Paladin

3) Shaman

4) Druid/Monk/Paladin

Paladin healers are the best currently in my opinion. They can do a little bit of everything, and their bomb heals are great.

Priests are good because absorbing and mitigating damage are always a higher value than healing damage. Think of it as 150/100 health compared to 100/100.

Shamans are best for stacking or loose stacking fights. If they can get maximum output of healing rain, they will more than likely be at the top of healing done.

Druids/Monks are bigger HoT classes. Druids are good for sustained low-medium damage with single targets, and tranq to get them through heavy damage. and monks are good for sustained medium-high(uplift) damage, but run out of mana quickly during the big damage phases where they need to single target, they do have a really good CD in Revival which clears all conditions and heals the raid for a significant amount.

Each healer has it's niche, obviously some are better than others currently. Don't bring healers because "they're the best class atm". Bring a healer because most fights in HFC have a niche healing aspect, and we all have raid CD's.
    Last edited by Hysteriia; 2015-08-08 at 08:37 AM.

I don't want to be rude but it really doesn't matter in normal. Holy priest/shaman/monk isn't an ideal healing comp but it won't make any difference at all if you're not raiding mythic

Deleted
    bumppppppppppppp