Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, but it seems incredibly boring to be there all by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I only drink when I'm not banned. That's something right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    To be where? At home, at your computer? Umm...

7+ Year Old Account
    I drink when I game some nights. I drink at work almost everyday.

But I live in a beach town and that's all there is to do. Art show + booze. Open house + booze. Beach + booze. Booze + booze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Drinking or getting drunk? If you're consistently getting drunk by yourself I'd say that's a good indication of a problem. Couldn't care less if you enjoy a couple of beers in the evening or something like that.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Drinking or getting drunk? If you're consistently getting drunk by yourself I'd say that's a good indication of a problem.
    What if the problem is that life is shit and nothing can be done about it?

Well you got the chance to talk with people there

I usually visit bars having music performances and I'm perfectly fine with it!

It's never pathetic to do anything alone. You don't have to worry about entertaining anyone or being anyone, other than yourself. You can fart, scratch your nuts, say private jokes out loud that you made up, and laugh at them. You can do whatever you want without having to consider anyone else's preference.

If you enjoy your own company, there's no one better to have a good time with, and you're a cheap date! It's not for everyone, of course. But you should never feel guilty about going solo if you actual enjoy it. There's probably a bit of a social stigma placed on lone wolves, but live your life for you; not anyone else.

Deleted
    One is never alone with a Geri Halliwell screensaver.

10+ Year Old Account

Lay it off Jay.....
    Thought you've done good and had quite a decent break
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much you drink. I beer or two by yourself (once in a while) is normal and surprisingly healthy. Getting drunk by yourself is just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Lay it off Jay.....
    Thought you've done good and had quite a decent break
    thanks for the george thorogood reminder. Much appreciated.

No, its perfecly ok to drink alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Different strokes.. I've never had more than 1 beer alone (unless you count drunk-raids where I was 'with' people on TS), just doesn't sound fun to me

Deleted
    If one is single, and spends their evenings alone, and doesn't get anything out of going to shitty, overpriced bars that smell of shit, even though - and especially after - smoking bans, that are full of complete assholes (because people are shit), and if their friends - numerous as they might be - have other things to do, and if it's the weekend and they might feel like drinking, and if it's just so amazing to watch a great movie, play some great game or listen to some great music whilst being a bit pissed, is it really such an incredible thing to fathom that they might just drink a few beers and enjoy their own company for the night?

I'm starting to feel like there are people here who aren't comfortable in their own skins, and who can't handle their beer and liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I would drink with other people but no one here likes to drink lots of beer. Plus I have you guys, so it's not like i'm drinking alone. right?

Tell me I'm not pathetic.
    I thought you hadn't drank in a few weeks/months?

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Yes, enjoy your man tits from raised estrogen levels
    i drink scotch about everyday and i guarantee im more fit then you are. Nothing wrong with drinking alone but i drink because i like it and i get a little buzz i barely get shitfaced anymore cept at special occasions.

Have a drink on me

Don't let anyone kid you. It's perfectly fine to drink alone. Getting drunk off your ass a lot while alone is a problem though.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

I don't drink alcohol, it's an addictive drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    There's something profound hidden in post, somewhere.

think is to drink at all

Deep stuff.
    Infers as "I think it's pathetic to drink in the first place". Seems pretty cut & dry to me.