Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapp View Post
    Why don't 'we' want a fist weapon? No one else uses them, Combat rogues seem like they could use some cool unique weapons, and DKs and every other damn spec uses swords. Why do we complain about not being unique anymore, and then complain that we don't get SWORDS, something everyone is going to get.

Also, these are baseless speculations. They could be anyones weapons, or not even artifact weapons to begin with.
    a weapon that we can only see when we draw it manually or are in combat? no thanks. what is the point of having artifact weapons if it can't be readily seen? i'd rather have a sword thank you very much. as for everyone's fascination with swords? i believe that goes back to the old sword spec days when it was the PVE spec for rogues. that combined with warglaives of course.

Also, these are baseless speculations. They could be anyones weapons, or not even artifact weapons to begin with.
    There won't be non-artifact weapons, on account of everyone having artifact weapons.

You obtain your Artifact early on in the Legion experience. This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion. Something that wasn't mentioned during the reveal is that each Artifact has a number of Relic slots, which will determine its raw item stats (DPS, ilvl, etc.) and modifiers to the traits you've chosen, so the Artifact's stats will still improve as you defeat bosses.
    source

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    a weapon that we can only see when we draw it manually or are in combat? no thanks. what is the point of having artifact weapons if it can't be readily seen? i'd rather have a sword thank you very much. as for everyone's fascination with swords? i believe that goes back to the old sword spec days when it was the PVE spec for rogues. that combined with warglaives of course.
    That makes sense. It would be concerning if we only saw it in combat. I still think I'd like something a little more unique than swords; or at least have other classes/specs have weapons that aren't swords. Like paladins should have maces for holy/prot, not a sword. Maybe a Warrior could use an axe; though a sword makes more sense for warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    There won't be non-artifact weapons, on account of everyone having artifact weapons.

source
    Oh, alright. So are offhands not considered weapons? The firemage Felo'melorn looks like it's a one handed sword. Are they going to get an artifact offhand, as well? And they're not putting in any cosmetic new weapon skins? Hopefully they bring back CM Armor sets, then.

15+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense. It would be concerning if we only saw it in combat. I still think I'd like something a little more unique than swords; or at least have other classes/specs have weapons that aren't swords. Like paladins should have maces for holy/prot, not a sword. Maybe a Warrior could use an axe; though a sword makes more sense for warriors.
    they are trying to go with weapons that are iconic to the class in some way. thus the doomhammers, the ashbringers, etc.

as far as i can recall, there has never been standout iconic fist weapon for rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    they are trying to go with weapons that are iconic to the class in some way. thus the doomhammers, the ashbringers, etc.

as far as i can recall, there has never been standout iconic fist weapon for rogues.
    We haven't seen any mention of Thunderfury, but I'm not so sure I'd want that.

15+ Year Old Account
    We haven't seen any mention of Thunderfury, but I'm not so sure I'd want that.
    TF was a tank weapon first rogue weapon second.

Thunderfury was also a sword, not a fist weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk should get fist weapon, not us.

Oh, alright. So are offhands not considered weapons? The firemage Felo'melorn looks like it's a one handed sword. Are they going to get an artifact offhand, as well? And they're not putting in any cosmetic new weapon skins? Hopefully they bring back CM Armor sets, then.
    My guess is that dual wield classes will get a 'set' that looks like two weapons, and probably hits at the same speed as two weapons, but is technically just one weapon from a technical point of view. They mentioned that Enh Shamans with Doomhammer will have an energy orb thingy in their offhand to dual wield with. They also mentioned that prot warriors will get a sword and shield set, which would work similarly. I also guess that one-handed caster weapons will either have a similar doodad in their off-hand (that you will never see, because casters never have their weapons drawn in combat), or they simply won't bother with that and they'll get a one-hander with the stats of a two-hander.

So no, I guess all their weapon art is going to the artifacts (there's 36 of them, each with several (at least five) skins, and each of those with several recolours), but they're Xmoggable, so there's always older content weapons we can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't really need to put anything else since all the mage animations are made with the hands and not with the weapons like enhance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haimo View Post
    well it looks like a 1h sword with shield so its prolly prot pala / warrior but those daggers are just bleh...
    Yeah, I'd say that one is definitely the Prot Warrior Artifact. They said Prot warriors would get a sword and shield forged from Neltharion's scales; and that looks pretty scaley. I'll be honest, at first I thought the shield was a scabbard and I was losing my shit.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    these look like blue pvp gear

I feel sorry for you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    these look like blue pvp gear

I feel sorry for you lol.
    Really? That's generous.

They look like WoD green world drops to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attention knee-jerk posters. Those are the feral daggers. Not rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    Attention knee-jerk posters. Those are the feral daggers. Not rogue.
    Suppose it would make sense to give the shit-looking one to the class that never shows it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Suppose it would make sense to give the shit-looking one to the class that never shows it. :P
    They got new models, good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Artorius How about that Overlord show? Can't wait for more episodes.

Deleted
    Feral daggers? da fuq?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Feral daggers? da fuq?
    The bullet points going in (semi)order over the pictures says the following "Fangs of the First Nightsaber is for Feral and Guardian druids. They can customize the look of their form rather than customizing a weapon. Spectral, Armored, and other variants will be available. The base cat form is also getting an updated model."

Not a single mention of the word Rogue in any of the information released so far. We'll have to wait until Sunday and see if anyone asks rogue questions for us.