Thread: Dev Interviews

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranulf13 View Post
    Disapointed there is 0 talk on Shamans.

Most outdated class on the game, Ele and Enh have same (horrible) niche with barely there variables, constantly being outclassed by everyone else...

But lets rework Warlocks again!
    This I def agree that Hunters and Demo Locks need a change. But I play my 100 shaman every once in awhile for like an hour before I "Nope" off the class. The prep time for fights is way to long. Ele and Enhanc alike have way to many buttons still. Make Flame totem go down when you use flame shock or something. IDK I agree 100% they need work.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhh...what do they mean by "There aren't any patch plans for the next expansion."? This just means they haven't started to plan the first big patch of the expansion, right? It doesn't mean that there are no plans for patches period....right?

The rest of the stuff sounded really good, disappointed about no real specific class information..I think shamans are really deserving of that right now and I don't even play one. I like the idea of there being a possibility we won't have another talent point.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting insights, and I got a signature quote out of it, but WoD hurt me bad enough that I'm not believing this happy talk until I see it reflected in-game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'd be okay with this. Maybe keep the legendary quality, a Champion of Azeroth-esque title, and the 'upgraded' default skins previewed at Blizzcon as something rewarded from a green fire-esque tough-as-hell quest event.
    Yeah, i think we get the base weapon, a pvp version, raiding version or challange mode, a upgraded version (maybe hitting level cap or something) and one more (maybe for a questline) or a green fire type event

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    Uhhhhh...what do they mean by "There aren't any patch plans for the next expansion."? This just means they haven't started to plan the first big patch of the expansion, right? It doesn't mean that there are no plans for patches period....right?
    I think it's the former. They're not focused so much on their patch plans yet because they want to make sure 7.0 is the nerdgasmfest we deserve after WoD.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Oh, it's in english, I saw the title and I thought it was in german. Thanks.

I stick with what I said before. It sounds like they don't want to say it will be a 2 tier expansion. Although we may get some smaller 5.1/5.3 like patches.
    Yeah in context, it seems like that's what it sounds like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Yeah, i think we get the base weapon, a pvp version, raiding version or challange mode, a upgraded version (maybe hitting level cap or something) and one more (maybe for a questline) or a green fire type event
    Using the Ashbringer as an example, we could get the default from, well, it's the default weapon we get at the outset. Purified is the level 110 achievement reward. Flaming is from dungeon achievements. Corrupted is from raiding, and Shattered is from PvP. Then the upgraded default model on the front page here could be your reward for doing a ball-crushing green fire-esque quest and it permanently upgrades the default model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Using the Ashbringer as an example, we could get the default from, well, it's the default weapon we get at the outset. Purified is the level 110 achievement reward. Flaming is from dungeon achievements. Corrupted is from raiding, and Shattered is from PvP. Then the upgraded default model on the front page here could be your reward for doing a ball-crushing green fire-esque quest and it permanently upgrades the default model.
    instead of permanently upgrading, they could give your weapon new effect and a new model
    Fel corrupted ashbringer with green effects for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    instead of permanently upgrading, they could give your weapon new effect and a new model
    Fel corrupted ashbringer with green effects for example
    Maybe. There's probably room in the system for more than just the five skins we saw so we have more neat stuff to chase after as things progress. Personally, I'm just glad we're not going to be saddled with godawful weapon models while leveling anymore and I'm SO stoked to see what the Glaive artifacts look like (and if the Warglaives of Azzinoth end up being a skin for them).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd make the actual skins mean something. Like completing Prestige twice, or downing a mythic boss, or getting a ton of <insert currency here>.

Put color options as rewards for stuff like hitting 110.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I'd make the actual skins mean something. Like completing Prestige twice, or downing a mythic boss, or getting a ton of <insert currency here>.

Put color options as rewards for stuff like hitting 110.
    I think currency should be separated from the weapons. Instead of that, maybe tie that into Loremaster? Again going with Ashbringer, in this instance Purified would be the reward for completing every quest in the Broken Isles or something. Stuff that would encourage people to go out and do the world content so Pathfinder becomes coincidental rather than the carrot on a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The subscriber count is more volatile than it used to be because players have gotten older and don't have as much free time anymore. As long as players are happy and enjoy the game, the team doesn't mine extreme peaks and valleys. They just want to ensure you have a great experience and feel like you got your money's worth.
    This made me laugh. How many people felt completely ripped off by WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecterDK View Post
    This made me laugh. How many people felt completely ripped off by WoD?
    What's it matter?

I know you were just giving an example, but I thought they said in the reveal that corrupted is from PvP? I am pretty sure it was mentioned when they were detailing the honor system

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    "The goals is to remove PvP gear. There will be PvP ways to obtain gear, but the power in PvP will be about the gear you obtain and the PvP talents that you unlock."

Makes 0 sense, total contradiction.
    -There is no strictly PvP gear, there is only one item level/weighting of gear.
    -The benefit to PvP will be the talents you get from honour.
    -You won't need to PvE to get gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    I know you were just giving an example, but I thought they said in the reveal that corrupted is from PvP? I am pretty sure it was mentioned when they were detailing the honor system
    Probably. I was just tossing out examples for the sake of getting my point across. I tend to do that in situations like this--randomly assign values for the sake of detailing the idea.

If i understood this, its interesting because it means youll be able to buy raid tier pve gear from running pvp?

If you cant do that, then clearly we're back to the dark days when raid geared players would roflstomp pvpers in pvp/arena. Talents or no talents, if you have heroic raid gear, and your opponent has heroic dungeon gear, but talents. Youre likely going to win. Not to mention that theyre SPECIFICALLY making sure the first ten pvp talents open up really quick to make sure players arent too heavily disadvantaged versus people already in the system. So really a hardcore pvp player just gets to choose a more appropriate talent over a casual pvper decked out in raid gear (with their ten or more prospective talents) whilst the raider will have significantly harder hitting, and higher hp gear to compensate. It wont even be close.

Only legitimate solution i can see is making heroic raid PVE gear purchasable through doing PVP otherwise your forcing pvpers into pve to remain competitive. So this is... interesting. It should lead to some wild arguments over the next 6 months

Deleted
    Am I the only one that hates, how vague a lot of this sounds?
    "it could be extended.."
    "The team has talked about a few ideas.."
    "there might be.."
    I was kinda hoping they would be further along with this Exp. so that we're not stuck until second half next year with 6.2. Hearing this, makes me kind of nervous tbh.

Thanks for these notes. Some really good questions were asked. As an altoholic though, my asshole puckered at some of these statements. WoD is just plain brutal for alts. It's like it gets worse with every expansion. I have 2 ideas that I'd like to put out there though. Hopefully I can get a beta invite so I can post this on the feedback threads.

First Idea: Too much RNG. Give us a way to reduce it with effort. Professions come in.
    Basically, we can get a % chance that varies with whatever the determined CD is for this upgrade in order to get Tertiary stats. 100% for 7 days, 10% for a day, etc. Make the cost based on that same range too. Lots of tidbits. Let Leatherworkers use this CD on their leather, Blacksmiths on their armor/weapons, to make it WF/etc. Maybe reserve sockets for JC only? Let everyone just roll it again. If long CD, buff other tertiaries so getting Leech doesn't feel so 'meh'.

Second Idea: Too anti-altoholic. People like alts. Use their own words. Make the 'main' play for the alt.
    Basically, we get a weekly quest or something on a main character than gets BoA Relics for the weapon and can send them to w/e they want. Once per account per server so people aren't crazy stacking them into 1 character. Just a way to make it modestly less painful to play alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerodi View Post
    Am I the only one that hates, how vague a lot of this sounds?
    "it could be extended.."
    "The team has talked about a few ideas.."
    "there might be.."
    I was kinda hoping they would be further along with this Exp. so that we're not stuck until second half next year with 6.2. Hearing this, makes me kind of nervous tbh.
    They're probably keeping a lot vague so they can finalize the stuff they advertised and get into beta, then infodump at Blizzcon with their plans for 7.1.