Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Isn't that like the most of the world? Half a year ago I quit my work after working for 2+ years with banking systems - everything's, ofcourse, very conservative, but worst part was the Microsoft Cult. Database? Only MS SQL. ORM? EntityFramework, duh. Deployment, helper scripts? PowerShell, obviously. Web services? WCF, no questions asked. Build system? Well ofcourse msbuild. Source control? Yep, TFS. Chat software? Lync, Slack is for hipsters. Server OS? Why, Windows Sever. And so on and so on. Last drop was when we needed fuzzy text search on a lot of columns, etc. Solution - well MS SQL has full text search, so we'll go with that, running on our main database which was already pushing 16 cores to 80% usage... Elasticsearch is for hipsters. /godfuckingdammit
    The company I work for currently is a lot like this too. Very annoying, but fortunately I work on a mobile app, and have a Mac for development, so I don't have to deal with a lot of the Microsoft stuff. (Though Outlook, Lync, and TFS are unavoidable)

10+ Year Old Account
    And looking at fresh IT graduates - it will remain for a very very long time... 'cuz i has diploma and i spit on cashiers/other low skill workfoce dat im 2 gud 4, cuz i has diploma i is smart!!!!!'
    "Help I can't get recent grads to take bullshit from my company for free"
    Unemployed fresh graduate spotted.
    Bull poop and generalisations, i made friends with the cleaner lady this morning as she helped me cut up some boxes so they would fit in the recycling bin. The cafe lady always gives me extra chips because i fixed her till.