Making Boss Kill Videos

Hopefully I posted in the right area. I want to start making boss kill videos for my guild. I downloaded FRAPS to use but when I turn it on I have slight lag. Not a ton but enough that it isn't even worth it to make the video. My internet connection is solid. That isn't an issue at all. But I haven't updated some of my PC parts for a couple years now, which includes my graphics card and processor. I am currently running the following hardware.....

NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core 3.4GHz (O.C. to 4.1)

So I guess my question is, am I lagging while filming due to my graphics card/processor being outdated?

Unless you have an SSD or a second harddrive, its because you are writing to the same drive the game is running on. The video compression in FRAPS is also outdated. When I switched to Shadowplay, I didn't lag quite as much as when I used FRAPS. Your graphics card model isn't high enough for Shadowplay but I'd look into other alternative recording software.

I use bandi cam and my video quality is very good. I also am streaming while I record locally so I don't have to deal with doubly compressed video files if i download my own VoDs. If you can swing it, NVIDIA GeForce 770 is a decent card that i've been using for almost 2 years now with zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    So I guess my question is, am I lagging while filming due to my graphics card/processor being outdated?
    You arent lagging. FRAPS is reducing your frame rate to 30 FPS.