Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    And they give you lecture about racial oppression. I will pull this card hereafter whenever a Nordic talks about Kurdish problem in Turkey.
    To assume that any country is free of past transgressions is pretty narrow minded; however, the difference is the timeline, which is the main divide of Europa vs world today.

So if one insists on comparing a nations modern day actions and policies with something that happened 150 years ago then the problem is not only the action but the justification of it.

Obviously Scandinavian countries have done some bad shit, but presently no such things are being practised - and that, in my opinion, is the main difference.

I don't judge what we did in the past, but what we do right now (not like we can do anything but learn from what has happened - instead of repeating it like you're trying to advocate).

On another note - maybe they are lecturing you to help you avoid doing the same mistakes ?

.bleh

15+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who understands Norwegian:

It's pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It does happen in the US.
    Did the Irish not get treated badly in the past? Or what about xenophobia against the hisspanics?
    This happens in all continents on this earth, north america seems to stand out a bit because the counties on it have no xenophobic feelings.
    Catholics sometimes still get shit (from the right) and Eastern Europeans, Poles, Russians, etc (pretty fucking white) still face ethnic prejudice and stereotyping.

These are Inuit. They are a different color so you can be prejudiced against them.

What are some Sami jokes?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    These are Inuit. They are a different color so you can be prejudiced against them.

What are some Sami jokes?
    None of the ones I know work in English

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaevrie View Post
    - snip -
    This quickly became a very long introduction to myself, and if there's any questions about Sami religion, language or culture and history, I'll try as best as I can to answer
    This pretty much reflects my impression as well. I've never met anyone who actually hates or dislikes Sami people on an individual level, but there's discontent over the whole property issue and the "reparations".

Deleted
    That snowniggers comment on 4chan .-.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGregor3 View Post
    To assume that any country is free of past transgressions is pretty narrow minded; however, the difference is the timeline, which is the main divide of Europa vs world today.

So if one insists on comparing a nations modern day actions and policies with something that happened 150 years ago then the problem is not only the action but the justification of it.

Obviously Scandinavian countries have done some bad shit, but presently no such things are being practised - and that, in my opinion, is the main difference.

I don't judge what we did in the past, but what we do right now (not like we can do anything but learn from what has happened - instead of repeating it like you're trying to advocate).

On another note - maybe they are lecturing you to help you avoid doing the same mistakes ?

.bleh
    By "lecture", I meant bashing and display of blatant ignorance, not constructive criticism of what has happened and what's happening now.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-08-09 at 02:16 PM.

Dunno why the Armani Troll thinks racism only exists against people of different colors. It's not like racism against Italians, Irish, Jews, whatever doesn't still exist in this country, just not to near the extent that is levied against people with darker skin tones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Samis are a foreign intruder with a hostile purpose and should be treated as such.
    Seriously? They've been here just as long as the rest of us, within a timeframe that matters.

They are white people right? It still blows my mind how people who are the some color are prejudice against each other. It doesn't happen here.
    Racism based on skin color is basicly almost nonexistant in Europe. In europe the lines of divide are ethnical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    sip
    I knew if just waited long enough I'll have my daily dose of the UberNordic rage.

Deleted
    The Sami are the real natives of northern parts of Sweden and Norway.

Deleted
    They are white people right? It still blows my mind how people who are the some color are prejudice against each other. It doesn't happen here.
    Survival of the fittest. Nature made all animals like that. Even animals that live in packs fight other packs when they intrude on their territory. Nature never intended for any animal, no matter how smart, to pile up in numbers because it has no enemies and no rivals.

Man is still very much an animal, can't shake off the natural programing, the programing demands the existence of rivals, so Man will make up rivals if he can't find real ones.

white people have always invaded my country, even though we were all white people living next to eachother in europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Racism based on skin color is basicly almost nonexistant in Europe. In europe the lines of divide are ethnical ones.
    I've tried to explain that before, most Americans just go "scary brown people" without understanding fuck all about discrimination and prejudice in Sweden and many parts of Europe.

Like Hubcap here thinks I'm not part of a minority groups(Finnish living in sweden) in Sweden because I'm white.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2015-08-09 at 05:31 PM.

Sure it does. Over religion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Finn I can honestly say that the topic of Sami people has never in my life come up in any conversation. Generally the population is aware that they're a group of people who live in the northern parts of the country, they speak a strange language (or languages), some of them have lots of raindeer and they tend to stick to themselves. That's it as far as probably 99% of the population is concerned. We're just indifferent about them. They're sort of like gypsies but without all the negative parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I knew if just waited long enough I'll have my daily dose of the UberNordic rage.
    Geographically speaking, I think UnderNordic would be a more appropiate term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I've tried to explain that before, most Americans just go "scary brown people" without understanding fuck all about discrimination and prejudice in Sweden and many parts of Europe.

Like Hubcap here thinks I'm not part of a minority groups(Finnish living in sweden) in Sweden because I'm white.
    It's ignoring the burakumin in japan or the romani and gypsies in spain it's just US centrism to always make it about skin color.

The brits did it with the irish germany did it jews or rather all of europe.