Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm trying to think about what rogue visuals are...

the basic strike animation, a more involved strike animation (flipping around on some races)... and speeding up the animations?

more remembering sound files for backstab honestly.
    Feint, evasion, vanish, mutilate (as mentioned), slice n dice, DfA, ambush, kidney shot and envenom to mention a few. The eviscerate animation on rogues are by far one of the cooler ability animations, and I don't think you can compare spellcasts with melee animations.
    I think we have far cooler animations than say paladins or DK's, so in this matter I think we're better set than several of the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    Yep like Valla in Heroes of the storm with her 2 crossbows. WATCH...Mark my words on this. But stealth wont work with this.
    Jossed before you even wrote your post. New record?

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    But that is WHY disc priests were bad for the game in MoP. Get two disc priests in a SoO raid, and the other healers could basically AFK the whole raid because there was nothing for them to do.

They want to change disc priests because absorb healing as it was in MoP, and even a bit nerfed in WoD, is killing the fun for other healing classes. They specifically said this.
    It led to other healers being dropped for more disc priests. You can't afk cause you were not taken.

Frankly I feel that absorbs should not be taking anything more than 50% of the damage at a time. They can give discs more healing spells at the same time. Absorbs make healing unfun for all other classes.
    Chronomancer Club

we don't know what they're doing. they ahvent said anything outside of developing our specs to be more centered on their lore-based flavor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    It's a bit early to tell. But going by the past: Rogue will stay the exact same they have been for the last 10 years. They haven't been touched. Ever.
    Rogues will become obsolete in PvP at least anyway with Spectral Sight.
    Well its about time Blizz nerf shitloads of stealth breaking stuff making rogues complete OP in PvP.You need to fear out that you can be discovered
    Back on topic
    a range spec for rogues just not fels the class unless they dint introduce new set of weapons aka throwing stuff

For now it seems promising but I REALLY hope we get some real system changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    They literally explicitly said class homogenization is a huge target for them in this xpac. Hunter was just an example as people have been asking for melee hunters to come back for a long time now, and it frankly was the easiest (bow pet, melee pet, bow no pet).

Announcing something like "Assassination is now a ranged spec" will cause both excitement and an uproar. Changing Hunter's worst performing spec into something totally different isn't going to cause a riot.
    They made survival the worst performing spec on purpose.
    Assas is probably one of the easiest to handle specs in the game tho would be nice to see it be changed into something else. Arrows with poision...yay. I think they could learn some from the RIFT specs going forward with SV melee hell give rogues something new.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That might sound interesting, but i could see it be a real problem in raids to find a spot for them. Can't put them in the range camp fully since they might not be able to hit anything, but can't really put them in the melee camp either. You'd need a whole bunch of specs working at that range for it to make sense.
    It might require developers to work and change the model a bit (heaven forbid not for the sake monotony)

- - - Updated - - -

All these posts asking for buffs to rogues... you're all out of your fucking minds.

Rogues were a power house even back when your toolkit was (in your eyes) trash.

You used to be able to have a chance against a rogue if you could break stealth and ruin their opener. If you could manage to tag them with a dot prior to cloak of shadows.

Felhunters no longer break stealth
    Humans no longer have a greater chance to detect
    Shit even fucking flare (the only purpose of which is to break stealth) you can execute any attack while standing just outside its range...
    You can run constantly at the speed of a mount

The only thing I am going to concede here is:
    (1) Yes some of your visuals may be a little boring
    (2) The differences between specs and play are not all THAT different

The rest of the crap you're asking for just makes me think you're bad at playing rogue, because even a mediocre rogue wouldn't ask for or expect this crap

I was really hoping they wouldve listened to some of the buzz on the forums this expansion and turned assassination into a critical strike based spec. Guess its staying rupture/poison oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Moalim View Post
    Feint, evasion, vanish, mutilate (as mentioned), slice n dice, DfA, ambush, kidney shot and envenom to mention a few. The eviscerate animation on rogues are by far one of the cooler ability animations, and I don't think you can compare spellcasts with melee animations.
    I think we have far cooler animations than say paladins or DK's, so in this matter I think we're better set than several of the other classes.
    you do realize eviscerate is the racial 1h weapon attack with an orange burst on it. honestly feel like the sounds are more iconic for teh rogue abilities than teh animations due to the majority of them just using the racial weapon attack animations. Abush and backstab? same stab with a slightly altered color burst and then those sound files.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    I was really hoping they wouldve listened to some of the buzz on the forums this expansion and turned assassination into a critical strike based spec. Guess its staying rupture/poison oriented.
    didn't they basically move all that crit stuff they use to have into sub or flat out remove the effects?

Deleted
    Yes.. That is all that rogues are missing, raping people from range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    It might require developers to work and change the model a bit (heaven forbid not for the sake monotony)

- - - Updated - - -

All these posts asking for buffs to rogues... you're all out of your fucking minds.

Rogues were a power house even back when your toolkit was (in your eyes) trash.

You used to be able to have a chance against a rogue if you could break stealth and ruin their opener. If you could manage to tag them with a dot prior to cloak of shadows.

Felhunters no longer break stealth
    Humans no longer have a greater chance to detect
    Shit even fucking flare (the only purpose of which is to break stealth) you can execute any attack while standing just outside its range...
    You can run constantly at the speed of a mount

The only thing I am going to concede here is:
    (1) Yes some of your visuals may be a little boring
    (2) The differences between specs and play are not all THAT different

The rest of the crap you're asking for just makes me think you're bad at playing rogue, because even a mediocre rogue wouldn't ask for or expect this crap
    don't think too many want buffs. most of us feel our class is fine in the numbers department. the class just lacks identity and a the specs feel eniterely too similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agarohai View Post
    Yes.. That is all that rogues are missing, raping people from range.
    how about differences between the specs?

funny thing.

the rogue archetype is very appealing in MMOs.
    this is apparent even in world of warcraft if you look at the overall rogue population.
    but if you look at the population of rogues at level cap it has fallen off drastically.

so let me ask you this. why is it that a class that has so much appeal has so much drop off from the character creation screen and level cap?

its because the class is bland and uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Most of their core mechanics are borrowed, improved upon or completely copied by Feral Druids, Monks or now, DHs.
    Isn't it more like: Feral Druids, Monks and DHs have a copy of Rogue's skill.

Btw, i can see they're trying to make them more distinct, they clearly acknowledged the problem, it's just not that easy with rogues. They also said, that if they could go back, they wouldn't give 3 specs to every class and i definately think rogue is one of these classes.
    So just hope that they can find out something, at least we know they're trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Isn't it more like: Feral Druids, Monks and DHs have a copy of Rogue's skill.

Btw, i can see they're trying to make them more distinct, they clearly acknowledged the problem, it's just not that easy with rogues. They also said, that if they could go back, they wouldn't give 3 specs to every class and i definately think rogue is one of these classes.
    So just hope that they can find out something, at least we know they're trying.
    except are they? they have said the SAME EXACT THING each of the past 3 expansions. and they have FAILED TO DELIVER EVERY SINGLE TIME. and we DON'T KNOW that they are TRYING because they have SAID THIS SHIT BEFORE. we WILL KNOW THEY ARE TRYING WHEN THEY DELIVER.