Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Help me be a master angler :D

So its something I've wanted to do for a while but i kept putting it off. I've always had this fantasy for my character to be a master angler and a server-known fish merchant (fits the hunter theme pretty well). So yesterday I started my journey with the rep grind for the kalau'ak fishing pole. However, I know theres more i could do, but with the el's anglin site down, im a bit lost as to knowing how else i can gear up for fishing.

So for those of you who are more seasoned anglers: if you had to make a to-do list for a beginner fisherman, what would you put on it? I know once im done with the kalau'ak, im gonna get crackin' at the anglers warf, but what else? What other gear (hats, etc), supplies, tools, toys, etc. would you suggest for me to get?

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

There's some pieces of gear from the Stranglethorn Fishing Tourney you can get that bumps up your fishing (boots and hat if I remember correctly). The hat is inferior nowadays, but I believe the boots are still good. You can also get some pretty good fishing line from the Stranglethorn fishing tourney as well. The fishing line and boots can both be obtained via fishing up specific rare fish during the tourney, so there's not a lot of pressure because they aren't locked behind the race.

Other than that, most of the other stuff you can get through the Lvl 3 Fishing Shack at your garrison, Anglers Wharf, or the Kalu'ak.