If I delete a character, does the name immediately become available to others?

Topic title, if I delete a character will the name be available to others immediately? Someone told me the name is reserved for a while if the character was lvl 10 or above, but I'm skeptical.

Not to others, only you on the same account.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a small time limit to re-obtain the name, but not right away it wont be for all if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah I was hoping to get my name I already named my other Orc for a Ogre when they come out.
    Hopefully it will be still be able to use it for my Mage as well when they come out.
    Don't feel like wasting twenty five bucks on a race change.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    do you guys think Illidan is still avaiable after the 6.1 bug :P ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the time limit is, but yes, the name is saved JUST FOR YOU for a while after deleting the character. I don't think level has anything to do with the time limit though. As long as you reroll the char inside of say 5 minutes, I'd say you are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    do you guys think Illidan is still avaiable after the 6.1 bug :P ?
    What bug is that?

Also, thanks guys. That's good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm not sure what the time limit is, but yes, the name is saved JUST FOR YOU for a while after deleting the character. I don't think level has anything to do with the time limit though. As long as you reroll the char inside of say 5 minutes, I'd say you are safe.
    Sweet...
    Will be looking forward to keeping my Mage with my future name for my Ogre for a while I guess, and I will delete it and use the name when the time is right. :L
    Legion will probably get off my mind too...the suckish that was Warlords.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    What happens if you delete a character, create a new character with that name, then undelete the old character, do you get a free rename?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    What happens if you delete a character, create a new character with that name, then undelete the old character, do you get a free rename?
    Was wondering the same please do tell if u get an answer :P

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind found the answer *We’ll be holding deleted character names for a limited time, and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let’s say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur.*

Had a friend take a name I unlocked through a GM ticket, took 30 days for it to be free after he deleted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Had a friend take a name I unlocked through a GM ticket, took 30 days for it to be free after he deleted it.
    I checked if a certain name was available for a friend and he could create it right after I deleted the char. Odd.