Deleted

Windows 10 High Memory usage (Memory Leak?)

Hi guys,

Recently after updating my computer to Windows 10 my ram usage has spiked with no indication to what might be causing it in the task manager.

Task manager shows everything as normal under memory usage, however my ram (16gb) will always idle around 5gb to up to 14gb even when no applications are open.

I ran a malware scan which resulted in nothing, and also followed some advice from google which told me to disable some Windows Notifications.

I can clear the ram usage with a computer restart, however the ram usage inevitably increases during computer use.

My most recent attempt to fix this issue includes the installation of Windows Driver Kit, in which I was able to find the culprit of the ram usage through Poolmon.exe. I discovered that the tag for the driver leaking the memory was Wfpn. After performing a f indstr / s in command prompt, it shows that Wfpn is a netio.sys related issue, which I have no clue how to solve.

I would appreciate any help you guys could give,

Thanks very much

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked whether all drivers are up to date (manufacturers website etc, not windows update), specifically the NIC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Show us a picture of the task manager.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Have you checked whether all drivers are up to date (manufacturers website etc, not windows update), specifically the NIC?
    Updated the NIC driver as suggested, after a proper reinstall it seems to have cleared up and looking good so far, thanks for the help!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No problem, glad it helped.