Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Bernie Sanders rally again disrupted by Black Lives Matter activists.

This happened is Seattle.

Raw Footage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=70&v=QkTitIAthjA

https://twitter.com/nataliebrandk5
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-sanders-rally

One of the activists who jumped on stage and seized the microphone had this to say at the start: “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.”

She also demand four and a half minutes of silence for Michael Brown.

So, why are they targeting Bernie to such an extant? I don't get it. The one candidate who would most likely improve the system is the one these clowns are targeting and disrupting.

You haven't seen them at Hillary's rallies, or any other Republican rallies.
    Last edited by Les Paul; 2015-08-09 at 02:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bwahaha, O'Malleyed.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-08-08 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul View Post
    So, why are they targeting Bernie to such an extant? I don't get it. The one candidate who would most likely improve the system is the one these clowns are targeting and disrupting.

You haven't seen them at Hillary's rallies, or any other Republican rallies.
    Bernie Sanders is of the opinion that the racial disparities we see in the US are largely economic issues and can be solved with better social programs, while others view it as both an economic and social issue, that just solving the economic disparities minorities face won't resolve the racism that is helping keep them there.

Clinton, as much as she's spoken about either falls in to the second camp. Her events are also more controlled, making them harder to get involved with like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Her events are also more controlled, making them harder to get involved with like this.
    She has life long secret service protection, not going to happen as easily at her conventions, she also doesn't have many.

he also has a great track record on supproting civil rights in the past. so really I have no idea what thier problems are with him, also lol at 4 minutes of silence for micheal brown, fuck off.

Michael Brown isnt really the character they should rally behind :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Michael Brown isnt really the character they should rally behind :/
    like, how about 4 minutes of silence for ALL the people that have been killed by police? is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    It's like they are actively trying to kill their own movement.
    Well they're doing a bad job of it then.

I'm speaking specifically to the Black Lives Mater 'group' not the movement for equality as a whole. Stop being obtuse.
    Their goal is to increase awareness of the problem faced by black people in the US regarding law enforcement. If their efforts are bearing fruit.

Bernie is left wing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I hear movements without allies work in America. True fact. -.-

But that's ok. They can keep themselves down.

We have no way of knowing if they are the cause of the increased awareness though. The spreading desire for equality among Americans does not mean that one subset of the whole movement was successful with their idiotic stunts.

But then again, I'm not sure why I even bothered. You are the human incarnation of a brick wall on the best of days.
    I mean sure, I guess we could argue that all the protest and outreach have nothing to do with the increased awareness, but that seems pretty purposefully obtuse to me. You seem to be trying to paint the people engaged in "Black Lives Matter" as only the kookiest fringe and that simply isn't accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Seattle is racist? That's news to me... when i was up there, they were very sensitive to race issues. Michael Brown is also a bad example to use when theres many others who aren't even close to questionable.

and pissing on one of the few people who would probably listen to you isnt a great idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ...Seattle is racist?
    There's been problems with the PD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wells just to clarify, do you think incidents like this should be reined in?
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-08-08 at 11:56 PM.

The activists who did this are absolutely clueless. Do they even know who Bernie Sanders is?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make sense to disrupt a Sanders rally but the "Black Lives Matters" group.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Wells Just to clarify, do you think incidents like this should be reined in?
    I think disrupting campaign speeches like this is generally in poor form and isn't particularly helpful. But I also don't think willful nutpicking is particularly intelligent either soooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    The activists who did this are absolutely clueless. Do they even know who Bernie Sanders is?
    They are very aware. I highlighted why his speeches have been subject to these protests above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    like, how about 4 minutes of silence for ALL the people that have been killed by police? is that too much to ask?
    So all criminals killed by police got it, who do we start with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's been problems with the PD.
    At this point that's really true anywhere. Even Austin has its issues with police occasionally, but that doesn't make Austin a racist city. Just internal police problems that need to be stamped out.