Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    He's correct in that. The moment you lift people out of poverty, you create freedom and remove many issues, such as crime.

But you don't remove racism by that alone..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But you don't remove racism by that alone..
    Then how else specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet none of these people have the balls to do this kind of crap at a Republican rally. And no one tried to force them off stage but instead did this!?!?

an event organizer took the microphone and said the protesters would be allowed to speak
    The hell kind of event would allow this? Just let people jump on stage and take the mic from a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE and then let them talk? WTF kind of thought process is that? Afraid you'll look racist? So freaking what? When someone pushes their agenda in your face you don't give them an inch. If they want an audience of their own they can hold their own rally.

People like these twats are what fuel racists to spout even stupider things than what they normally say. They're just fueling the bigotry against them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Then what else specifically?
    Treating this issue was purely economic when there are clear social issues doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I bet none of these people have the balls to do this kind of crap at a Republican rally. And no one tried to force them off stage but instead did this!?!?

The hell kind of event would allow this? Just let people jump on stage and take the mic from a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE and then let them talk? WTF kind of thought process is that? Afraid you'll look racist? So freaking what? When someone pushes their agenda in your face you don't give them an inch. If they want an audience of their own they can hold their own rally.

People like these twats are what fuel racists to spout even stupider things than what they normally say. They're just fueling the bigotry against them.
    maybe it shows you're willing to listen to people... you know what people tend to like in people that represent them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Treating this issue was purely economic when there are clear social issues doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Except it is 99% economic. Based on Wells' first post, sounds like Bernie is getting punished for taking the high road.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe it shows you're willing to listen to people... you know what people tend to like in people that represent them.
    Taking the microphone from someone out of nowhere. That's pretty rude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I guess the most impoverished demographic remaining so and still voting 90% for DNC candidates kind of supports this. You can't argue that the Democrats are helping black Americans when they've been loyal DNC supporters since the 60s and are still no better off for it.
    Are Republicans helping black people? Didn't Republicans in the South try to redraw maps moving black voters into a different area so that there were more white people who would vote for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Taking the microphone from someone out of nowhere. That's pretty rude.
    So? After it has been done it has been done, then you need to address that moment, what do you do? You go into damage control, and what looks good, what looks democratic and shows you care enough to listen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Except it is 99% economic. Based on Wells' first post, sounds like Bernie is getting punished for taking the high road.
    If you honestly think all social issues regarding race disappears when you have some money then I'm not sure what to say to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? After it has been done it has been done, then you need to address that moment, what do you do? You go into damage control, and what looks good, what looks democratic and shows you care enough to listen?

Why should people like Sanders who would of listened if someone takes their microphone away right in front of them. It's rude and disrespectful. There is no "So" themius, you are trying to justify what these folks did and that's bullshit because *Blacklivesmatter*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly think all social issues regarding race disappears when you have some money then I'm not sure what to say to you.
    Not necessarily when you have some money, but when wealth is not unevenly distributed by ethnicity.

Pretty simple, he's a white man. And Bernie is right, 99% of the issue is economic. You can't combat social issues with policy.

Please enlighten us Themius, how are we going to stop racism in the US if we don't focus on bringing people out of poverty, which is linked with crime, recedevism, abuse, and other social ills? Of course ending poverty won't end racism 100%, that's probably an impossible goal, nobody is denying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Themius defending these assholes?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to people who force me to listen to them. I listen to people who respectfully ask to be listened to. These people started out their tirade with insulting Bernie and Seattle, so whatever comes out after that is irrelevant.

Edit: and the article says the event organizers allowed them to speak, not Bernie. After watching the video the "protesters" were threatening shutting down the event. So what does that make them? Terrorists.....
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2015-08-09 at 12:47 AM.

Emotion vs Reason: Round 2

FIGHT!
    ~RAWR!

Black people having more money won't stop cops treating them like they're violent and have borderline superhuman abilities. "No we need 5 guys to hold him down because we all know black muscles are stronger/they're all on pcp" If anything it'll put them more at risk because racist cops will think they've stolen that nice car or dealt drugs to get those nice clothes/accessories.

Long term it can work, short term it won't do much to change people's perceptions.

inb4 someone assumes "racist cops" means "all cops are racist"
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-08-09 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Is Themius defending these assholes?
    Are you having difficulty reading what I am saying here? People like you are such a bother, unless you come out and denounce something people run around making fucking assumptions regarding your opinion and assuming you must agree.

The only real comment on the event was me saying you go into damage control and allowing them to speak looks good. How can you even question if I am defending them? Why the fuck would you ask the general forum and not me directly when you know you will get a slanted answer simply because of how much I'm disliked and how much people like to conflate issues.

Don't play that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    what looks democratic and shows you care enough to listen?.
    that part is easy to answer.......
    You attend an event.... You are the guest......
    As the guest you behave accordingly..
    If you have something to say, you raise your hand, and try to give the speaker a chance to let you talk and hear you out too..
    Anything else: unacceptable, and it makes you an asshole that doesn't deserve to be listened to.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you having difficulty reading what I am saying here? People like you are such a bother, unless you come out and denounce something people run around making fucking assumptions regarding your opinion and assuming you must agree.

The only real comment on the event was me saying you go into damage control and allowing them to speak looks good. How can you even question if I am defending them? Why the fuck would you ask the general forum and not me directly when you know you will get a slanted answer simply because of how much I'm disliked and how much people like to conflate issues.
    I asked a simple YES / NO question....

Typical you answer tho......

No, you don't allow them to speak. You kick them off the stage and out of the arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast124 View Post
    No, you don't allow them to speak. You kick them off the stage and out of the arena.
    agreed......

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    that part is easy to answer.......
    You attend an event.... You are the guest......
    As the guest you behave accordingly..
    If you have something to say, you raise your hand, and try to give the speaker a chance to let you talk and hear you out too..
    Anything else: unacceptable, and it makes you an asshole that doesn't deserve to be listened to.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked a simple YES / NO question....

Typical you answer tho......
    Your question is a foolish one, you're asking if I am defending them when there is no comment even hinting that I am defending them. You're simply asking that question as every other poster always does. No matter what topic I am in (or even absent from) I will be talked about if it regards race. I will be said to uphold and agree with clearly wrong actions because I must, and that's with no comment from me on the actual event.

Before the forum turned all race thread happy i was talked about in threads saying I defend criminals (who at this time were white pre-zimmerman trial).

Don't be fucking dishonest.

I don't quite understand it... it's like an affliction of people who are normal to sit around playing fucking games and not being completely forthright.