Poll: Should they change the system to make split clearing impossible?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because the current system is broken, why do people need to farm 6+ weeks of HFC heroic when their skill level is aimed for mythic progression, it's not fun nor logic

We never do them because we're a pleb heroic guild.

Couldn't give a shit less tbh.

What people do at the top end of the raid curve does not affect me in the slightest. I am under no delusion that I could compete on an even footing with even Midwinter just by virtue of not having to run those pesky split runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Because some people are in those Mythic Top Guilds?
    Split raids are aids and probably 90% of those "no" voters probably never did them, thus not hating them.
    And then you'll be whinging about having to do normal and heroic runs for several weeks while progressing on mythic.

Splits are basically about getting the boring shit out of the way in one big push. I would assume it's boring shit for you if you're in a guild that is honestly going to be starting on M Archi within the next few weeks.

I guess if you're raiding in a guild which requires raiders to do split runs while you refuse to do that, just leave and find a guild that raids with only their mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    They have spoken about improvements to the personal loot system, it will be interesting to hear what they are. All they need to do is make Normal and Heroic personal loot only, and this disappears.
    That is... not very bright idea. What if you're a member of a normal/heroic raiding guild but hate personal loot and prefer master loot instead? Should a big part of players be forced to use failed triple RNG system just to please 1% crowd? An obvious answer is NO.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

they can always enforce personal loot in normal/heroic raids (ie: no master looter) and to prevent people from never seeing loot could potentially have an increased chance at loot every week they receive no loot from that boss. so something like a 25% base chance to get an item, and +10% chance to get loot from a boss every time you kill it w/o getting an item, when you get an item the chance is reset back to base. it would work on a per boss basis, if i kill Kilrogg and he drops nothing, only kilrogg has a +10% chance to give me an item the following week. for tier bosses they could allow players who "win" an item select what item they want from the boss, so if i'm on my monk and i kill xhul'horac and i have everything but the shoulders, if i win an item from him i can select the tier shoulders.

if they enforced personal loot this way it would, theoretically, be impossible to gear specific players/classes/mains because you may not get those items.

they would of course leave ML for mythic as that seems both natural and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    they would of course leave ML for mythic as that seems both natural and good.
    My, my. I guess you'd totally support the idea that only Mythic raiders can log in, right?

Forcing personal loot in lower difficulties is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. If you can't stand farming gear to maximise performance, you don't belong to Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    My, my. I guess you'd totally support the idea that only Mythic raiders can log in, right?

Forcing personal loot in lower difficulties is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. If you can't stand farming gear to maximise performance, you don't belong to Mythic.
    i completely support mythic and the difficulty it entails but i don't think part of it's difficulty should be raiding heroic 5-6 times the week before mythic opens to ensure you have as much gear as possible. that's just bad design imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i completely support mythic and the difficulty it entails but i don't think part of it's difficulty should be raiding heroic 5-6 times the week before mythic opens to ensure you have as much gear as possible. that's just bad design imo.
    Maybe, maybe not. There is way less intrusive solution for this: lock loot per week per boss for all difficulties. Bam, everyone instantly happy. You can get your heroic upgrades, but no mythic on the same week, or vice versa.

I would totally love true elite players, the best of the best, show actual skill instead of bruteforcing bosses with ilvls.
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-08-09 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. There is way less intrusive solution for this: lock loot per week per boss in every difficulty. Bam, everyone instantly happy. You can get your heroic upgrades, but no mythic on the same week, or vice versa.

I would totally love true elite players, the best of the best, show actual skill instead of bruteforcing bosses with ilvls.
    does that actually solve anything though?

guilds would just have this standard of rushing heroic as they normally do because there is 0 way a guild will clear an instance in the first week of it's release without all the gear/tier/trinkets gained from heroic (and normal in the cases of really powerful tier/trinkets) raids.

alternatively, blizzard could just normalise item level in mythic raids on a per boss basis and scale ilvl of the raid to "the highest" boss they've killed, so if you kill velhari (who drops 730 items) your item level is scaled to 730 for every week until you kill archimonde (who drops 735) where it would become 735 forever.

I think split clears are detrimental for the overall experience of the world first race. But in the end this only affects a few players and some wannabes who don't even stand a chance to be in the top100, so whatever... i don't like it, but it doesn't affect me or almost anyone but the 2-3 guilds who really stand a chance.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

If they do force personal loot at least early in the race, a lot of the top guilds will still run multiple groups through heroic and normal, and which alt gets promoted to the main raid will be just RNG based on who gets their tier and trinkets. Then you end up with more account sharing, because if one guy gets 4piece on a couple alts while another guy gets none, they're going to do what they need to do to get those geared characters into the main raid.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone please explain to me what split runs even are, and why some people are apparently not ok with other people doing them?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Could someone please explain to me what split runs even are, and why some people are apparently not ok within other people doing them?
    In a 25 man raid team you run 5 different heroic runs where each run is 20 alts and 5 mains to get as much gear on mains as possible for mythic.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    No, let them drive themselves nuts on raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Could someone please explain to me what split runs even are, and why some people are apparently not ok with other people doing them?
    You fill a raid with 4 or 5 people on their mains, and like 25 people on alts or just friends of the guild or whatever. All the loot goes to the 4 or 5 mains in the group. Repeat multiple times until all mains have had loot funneled to them. They do this for normal/heroic the week before Mythic comes out, and sometimes after Mythic comes out just to make sure everyone has trinkets and set bonuses.

It's just one more thing to increase the time sink rather than skills test involved in top end raiding, so people would rather there be no incentive to do such a thing.

If you don't want to do split runs, don't join a Hardcore raid team.

Whats next? Asking them to restrict Raid Times to primetime so hardcore people don't take off work for the first week of progress?
    Make it so you can only be zoned into a raid for 4 hours at most after which you can't zone in again for 12 hours?
    Only allow someone to join one Mythic Lockout per account so they don't use multiple characters to take advantage of raid comps?

its interesting that this only affects a small group yet it matters so much to other people, when it boils down to a personal thing. I dont like raiding on any more than 2 characters so I dont ever see myself joining a guild that does more than that. Im not going to put myself in the situation where I have to do something I dont want to do. I do enjoy raiding on my 2 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Because some people are in those Mythic Top Guilds?
    Split raids are aids and probably 90% of those "no" voters probably never did them, thus not hating them.
    If you join a top mythic guild you know what's going to happen. You're supposed to read the rules before applaying and if it doesn't fit you you can always leave and find another one. Seriously people need to mind their own buisness.

Some very defensive people :P
    Obviously its a hard problem and 99% blizz will never fix it and really im fine with that its whatever
    But people seem to keep ignoring the fact that most of the people dont WANT to do it but it simply can't be ignored for how much of a loot advantage it gives you. Sure it's just part of 'hardcore' raiding suck it up princess, but no one is saying we have to do it, it is just how the system is at the moment, people acting like it can NEVER change.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Some very defensive people :P
    Obviously its a hard problem and 99% blizz will never fix it and really im fine with that its whatever
    But people seem to keep ignoring the fact that most of the people dont WANT to do it but it simply can't be ignored for how much of a loot advantage it gives you. Sure it's just part of 'hardcore' raiding suck it up princess, but no one is saying we have to do it, it is just how the system is at the moment, people acting like it can NEVER change.
    You may want all the changes in the world, but not for a cost of a forced personal shitty loot in lower difficulties.