Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Unarmed Teen Shot to Death by Cop

I want to first begin this by saying that this story has been shared quite extensively by blacklivesmatter activist as far as twitter goes, the people doing most of the sharing of this story are black, which means there should be no debate of "all lives matter" "black lives matter not white lives" when the story is being shared and popularized by black lives matter. (The thread would eventually go there which is why I am bringing this up now)

Covington said the officer was attempting to arrest Hammond when the teen accelerated the car and drove toward the officer, prompting the officer to shoot in self-defense.
    The Hammond family commissioned an independent autopsy, which found the evidence was "consistent with (Hammond) being seated in a motor vehicle and being shot from the side of the vehicle through an open driver's side window," according to that report.

Bland said Hammond's wounds indicate the vehicle was not moving, and that the teen was shot on the rear of his shoulder and on the side of his chest.

The second autopsy report also said "it will be critical to evaluate" Hammond's shirt to determine how close he was to the shooter.

Bland said Hammond's wounds indicate the vehicle was not moving, and that the teen was shot on the rear of his shoulder and on the side of his chest.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/sen...lice-shooting/

This... over a hunt for weed. Which amounts to what? Essentially a joint?
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-08-09 at 03:58 AM.

Funny how this attorney Eric Bland says "wounds indicate the vehicle was not moving" but that's not what the autopsy they ordered said.

But more to the OP's point if these BlackLivesMatter wackjobs really want to prove their lack of racism they'll change the name of their movement to AllLivesMatter.

Tweeting about one White kid dying and then saying "see see see we're not racist" isn't enough to convince me.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I want to first begin this by saying that this story has been shared quite extensively by blacklivesmatter activist as far as twitter goes, the people doing most of the sharing of this story are black, which means there should be no debate of "all lives matter" "black lives matter not white lives" when the story is being shared and popularized by black lives matter. (The thread would eventually go there which is why I am bringing this up now)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/sen...lice-shooting/

This... over a hunt for weed. Which amounts to what? Essentially a joint?
    War on drugs saving lives!

But, hey, it's all cool. Killing a teen ensured the cop lived. That's the real victory here. Anyone complaining about his death should just accept people die and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The ol' "i am not racists, I have a black friend" line, only repackaged and re-purposed.

"Look at us guys! We are sharing a white teen death by cop story! We did good! Give us our cookie!"

And REALLLYYYYYYY CNN, putting a Michael Brown father comment in the middle to stir shit?

Fucking priceless.

Deleted
    Was it a mall cop?
    Bet it was a mall cop.
    Mall cops are the worst. The worst!

10+ Year Old Account
    The #blacklivesmatter movement pretty much say they're only using this incident to further their agenda, they could care less he died. What they want is the scoop on police brutality. That is how I am reading into it anyways but whatever. It is tragic regardless.

Either way it hasn't been confirmed or denied that the car was moving. Unless we're taking the lawyers word as truth, cause we know they can't lie.. right? right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The #blacklivesmatter movement pretty much say they're only using this incident to further their agenda, they could care less he died. What they want is the scoop on police brutality. That is how I am reading into it anyways but whatever. It is tragic regardless.

Either way it hasn't been confirmed or denied that the car was moving. Unless we're taking the lawyers word as truth, cause we know they can't lie.. right? right.
    The movement was always about police brutality

Deleted
    This would be not in the news if it was a white teen.

If they attacked simply because he was black, then sure it's a hate crime. What I'm not understanding here is why this is a topic... "look white people attack black person" okay... if this was a black cop attack white person news story this topic wouldn't exist, unless it was to bitch that people are talking about.
    And yes the bottom part is a 1:1 racial inversed themius reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Funny how this attorney Eric Bland says "wounds indicate the vehicle was not moving" but that's not what the autopsy they ordered said.

But more to the OP's point if these BlackLivesMatter wackjobs really want to prove their lack of racism they'll change the name of their movement to AllLivesMatter.

Tweeting about one White kid dying and then saying "see see see we're not racist" isn't enough to convince me.
    Here's a reddit post explaining #blacklivesmatter.

http://www.reddit.com/comments/3du1qm/
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

that girlfriend just screams meth head first off. Over a joint? Maybe that's all they had on them at the time. The kid tried to run over a cop. Other threads say cops have terrible aim so which is it? He shot to kill or he shot to stop and just has bad aim?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    that girlfriend just screams meth head first off. Over a joint? Maybe that's all they had on them at the time. The kid tried to run over a cop. Other threads say cops have terrible aim so which is it? He shot to kill or he shot to stop and just has bad aim?
    We don't know that for sure.

Yeah, don't care. If you're at gunpoint ordered to get out of a car and instead decide to flee and endanger other's lives with your vehicle on a police chase, I'm not going to feel bad about your passing. Better him than potentially other innocents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Autopsy confirmed the vehicle was moving.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

Yeah no that whole post is nonsense. Blacklivesmatter came about from criminals getting killed by cops during criminal actions. Those stories need to be ignored because all they're doing is now giving criminals new race cards to use. Stop trying to act like it's something to equalize anything. It's just using the race card for criminals who got killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Yeah we do. He made his bed, now he's dead.

Stop breaking the law asshole.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yeah no that whole post is nonsense. Blacklivesmatter came about from criminals getting killed by cops during criminal actions. Those stories need to be ignored because all they're doing is now giving criminals new race cards to use. Stop trying to act like it's something to equalize anything. It's just using the race card for criminals who got killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah we do. He made his bed, now he's dead.
    It's kind of funny, cause the US has one of the highest incarceration and conviction rates in the world. Unless #blacklivesmatter meant something else entirely.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    It's a sad joke because they make a police violence or economic issue a racial issue.

Better trained cops or racial diverse cops don't by default make it better as long as you have such disproportional crime rates in races.
    It's not the racist superiority racism and can't go away with racial sensitvity training because you in effect ask the cops to act against their own interests.

The imbalance doesn't get caused by racial insensitvity in the mean. Is an individual male black youth person more likely to attack you as a cop if you stop them?
    The honest answer is simply yes if you stop a black male teen you are more likely to get killed by him/her then by any random white middleaged guy this is empirical fact and not open to discussion.

Either target police brutality regardless of race because let's be honest here suicide by cop is not a black problem.

Reducing it on race is a dishonest, shortsighted and patchwork approach that is doomed to fail because it is unable to confront uncomfortable
    demographic issues.

And to be honest here if you go by demographic factors that influence the ratio by which people get frisks and die is far more
    influenced by gender then by race lol.
    Last edited by mmoc4fd5b07998; 2015-08-09 at 05:06 AM.

Couldn't have thought of a better analogy myself. Of course everyone's lives should matter, but it's not everyone that is in question at the moment.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

Autopsy confirmed the vehicle was moving.
    Can you point out where it says that to me? I'm not seeing it. All it says is that he was in a car and shot through the side window.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Couldn't have thought of a better analogy myself. Of course everyone's lives should matter, but it's not everyone that is in question at the moment.
    It's like going in a fancy restaurant and complaining that you don't get served sooner then the guy stinking of money no it does not matter if you are a millionaire.
    The problem is not the insensivity of the staff but your dress to speak of.

If you fix the insensivity of the staff only to one subgroup of ethnic group was does that make you or how effective is it if it's still in the interest of the staff to on average serve poor looking people later?

Instead of fixing self interested ideologies in an futile attempt you have to fix the issue at the core which is the socioeconomic standing of black people in education and property.
    Giving cops racial sensivity training or making them afraid to target black people when they have all reason to do it in relative terms not on an individual level is typical cheap talk activism.
    Last edited by mmoc4fd5b07998; 2015-08-09 at 05:11 AM.