Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway.......I would like to see bodycam / dashcam footage before I come to a conclusion about the case..

I find it kind of fitting the bill though in regards of how this thread came to be.. someone called out times and again for racial bias uses that card to what? Create an alibi?
    Not sure if that worked, I'd say rather not.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Couldn't have thought of a better analogy myself. Of course everyone's lives should matter, but it's not everyone that is in question at the moment.
    Yeah, here's a comic for what you just said. Like they say, a picture speaks a thousand words.

Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm.... Who to believe... a potentially corrupt police source, or a racially biased advocacy group?

I'll wait till the story further develops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Yeah, here's a comic for what you just said. Like they say, a picture speaks a thousand words.
    Both houses are on fire the right house is only build with cheaper mats.

Instead of giving both houses the same amount of water and improving building standards for fire resistance you want to give the right house a disproportional amount of water.

#blacklifesmater proposes ultimately racist solutions for systematic problems that are unfair to the individual at least that is how I understand most people who see it like the caricature.

For every problem there is a solution which seems plausible, easy to implement, fast working and is terrible wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

As funny as that pic is, and yes it made me laugh, but that's what really happens in reality too.. You want to (and the fire dept does so) blast the neighboring house with water, to prevent it from catching fire too..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Can you point out where it says that to me? I'm not seeing it. All it says is that he was in a car and shot through the side window.
    Apparently I read it wrong, there was a part where it was worded oddly. Though, to be honest, I still don't care. Dude should have gotten out of his car when ordered to do so.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    They shouldn't improve firefighter budget they should target the right house which is already doomed ....

It's funny but self defeating in it's fraudulent simplicity not all people who have issues with #blacklifesmatter
    can be reduced to this caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Apparently I read it wrong, there was a part where it was worded oddly. Though, to be honest, I still don't care. Dude should have gotten out of his car when ordered to do so.
    I agree with you. Though, strictly judging by their pictures, the boy and the girl didn't seem to be model citizens. However, I still doubt that it was necessary for the cop to use his firearm.
    Last edited by timberx; 2015-08-09 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chinkali View Post
    This would be not in the news if it was a white teen.

If they attacked simply because he was black, then sure it's a hate crime. What I'm not understanding here is why this is a topic... "look white people attack black person" okay... if this was a black cop attack white person news story this topic wouldn't exist, unless it was to bitch that people are talking about.
    And yes the bottom part is a 1:1 racial inversed themius reply.
    It is a white teen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Here's a reddit post explaining #blacklivesmatter.

http://www.reddit.com/comments/3du1qm/
    that's actually a terrible analogy. It implies that the only ones who are discriminated against are Blacks. In the actual scenario nobody actually gets their fair share and the "Too" can't be assumed at all. Saying that "All lives matter" weakens your argument is disgusting. That's saying that you refuse to acknowledge that anyone else gets less than their fair share as well because it would take longer for you to get your fair share.

Deleted
    Why not go with #economicdisparitymatters or #educationmatters or #stopfirearms?

No it has to be a racial trenchwarfare.

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/20141204-patreon-590x210.png[/MG]
    You don't need a thousand words to describe that comic as completely devoid of critical thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cops should not be allowed to withhold any video evidence after the parties are dead and in custody.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2015-08-09 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Anyway.......I would like to see bodycam / dashcam footage before I come to a conclusion about the case..

I find it kind of fitting the bill though in regards of how this thread came to be.. someone called out times and again for racial bias uses that card to what? Create an alibi?
    Why? Once you see the cops were in the wrong you will pretend the thread doesn't exist, like the last thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Funny how this attorney Eric Bland says "wounds indicate the vehicle was not moving" but that's not what the autopsy they ordered said.

But more to the OP's point if these BlackLivesMatter wackjobs really want to prove their lack of racism they'll change the name of their movement to AllLivesMatter.

Tweeting about one White kid dying and then saying "see see see we're not racist" isn't enough to convince me.
    This #blacklivesmatter vs alllivesmatter BS on the internet needs to stop because #blacklivesmatter never sought to exclude others, its about attacking a trend in police injustice. The animosity from the "alllivesmatter" people just takes away from what others are trying to accomplish because they are constantly side-baring activist with their interjections that "all lives matter".

#Blacklivesmatter is merely the tag because it deals with is predominately seen in the media, not because those people only care about police brutality against black people.

It achieves nothing to sideswipe a discussion to promote your "alllivesmatter" movement, something that was created by those who just want to disenfranchise the legitimate movement about police being heavy handed towards minorities (not just black people).

I can assure you that the black community cares about brutality/misconduct against white people as they do black. Because for one, if they figure if white people get treated badly then black people will surely get it 2x worse. The 1960 Civil Rights movement wasnt possible without white people, the current stand against police brutality doesnt exist without white people, so stop acting like black people don't care about injustices against white people to and focus on the big picture.

You accomplish nothing by arguing semantics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The #blacklivesmatter movement pretty much say they're only using this incident to further their agenda, they could care less he died. What they want is the scoop on police brutality. That is how I am reading into it anyways but whatever. It is tragic regardless.

Either way it hasn't been confirmed or denied that the car was moving. Unless we're taking the lawyers word as truth, cause we know they can't lie.. right? right.
    What agenda? They aren't trying to paint black people as superior, they're trying to paint them as equal. They obviously care about police misconduct and use the disproportionate amount of misconduct towards blacks as their platform. Too often are cases of police vs black individuals (I'm terrible at names right now but Eric Garner, the black woman who hanged herself, the man who was executed for a 'DUI') swept under the rug with the victim taking the blame. Thats why #blacklivesmatter became a movement. But in all actuality its about police accountability as a whole. But if you just want to play semantics then you'll only retard the movement against heavy handed and unfair police practices. It amazes how people shout down from their high house as others try to climb.

Nvm 10 chars.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2015-08-09 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You don't need a thousand words to describe that comic as completely devoid of critical thought.
    That fairly aptly describes a great deal of Kris Straub's work.

A car is a weapon and you can run over and kill people with it.

Covington said the officer was attempting to arrest Hammond when the teen accelerated the car and drove toward the officer, prompting the officer to shoot in self-defense.

On Friday, Covington said in a statement that the officer involved in the incident is Lt. Mark Tiller. Tiller is a 10-year veteran of law enforcement and has been with the Seneca Police Department since January 2010. He has not received any disciplinary action during his time with Seneca police, according to Covington.

Tiller's attorney, John Mussetto, released a statement detailing his client's version of events.

Mussetto said that Tiller was responding to an undercover drug deal that was going to be made by a Seneca Police narcotics agent. Tiller shot at the car while it was accelerating "in the direction of Lieutenant Tiller," according to the statement.

"If not for Lieutenant Tiller's quick reflexes and his ability to push off the car, Lieutenant Tiller would have easily been run over by Mr. Hammond," the statement said.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

I find it kind of fitting the bill though in regards of how this thread came to be.. someone called out times and again. for racial bias uses that card to what? Create an alibi?
    They way that you people talk on this forum is rather pathetic. I'm accused of never defending while perps constantly even though for first like two years I got shit for always defending criminals and saying there isn't any need for over the top sentences of harsh punishments and that's when all the perps were white.

The only thing that changed on this forum are the type of topics being posted.

At one point I was bleeding heart sjw white Knight defending evil criminal white thieves who shouldn't be killed. Now for some reason I only care when black people are criminals and never defend whites oh no.

Perhaps the problem here is that instead there is a hyper focus on black crime .

I have always posted topics on police misconduct or are you going to pretend I haven't?
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-08-09 at 10:51 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the circle jerkers are in full swing as usual. Kid tried to run the cop over. He wasn't 'killed because he had weed'. He was killed because he attempted to murder a cop, fucknuts.