Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I'm basically imagining Grapple Weapon monks used to have here. Its going to be a hell for immobile classes in PvP though. Imagine a DK + Survival hunter team. Double grip + potentially insane CC.

Asphyxiate + throw trap + double grip. If both grips are down, throw aoe slow trap to root and catch up. Disengage can be used as gap closer as well. Of course nobody knows what's going to happen for sure, but from what we know atm it seems pretty insane.
    Yeah, PHD will probably be entertaining in legion, and an absolute pain in the ass for the less mobile folks.

Waiting for blizzcon and the big reveals is going to drive me insane, I really want to see more info on the new Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Asphyxiate + throw trap + double grip.
    Currently, you cannot launch a trap while you have a melee weapon equipped. Obviously that might change, but we may end up having to use our grappling hook to drag people into our traps as a regular thing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Currently, you cannot launch a trap while you have a melee weapon equipped. Obviously that might change, but we may end up having to use our grappling hook to drag people into our traps as a regular thing.
    I mean... that's because we're not supposed to use melee weapons right now, if we keep trap launcher it will likely change.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    I mean... that's because we're not supposed to use melee weapons right now, if we keep trap launcher it will likely change.
    Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on what the "vision" for SV Hunter becomes. They obviously want to make the specs more unique so having SV unable to launch traps could be a very real decision that they end up making.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disgusted at the Harpoon ability. They say they are going for class flavor and fantasy, yet they copy the original DK's friggin DEATH GRIP.

Hunter pet "fetching" (dragging) the target to you would be much cooler and would fit the fantasy of a hunter, instead of a lame copy and rename of DEATH GRIP.

Poo.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    It's somewhat boring since it's not a completely new skill in a mechanical way, yes.

But on the other hand, it's insane utility that only DKs currently have in the game. If survival is a "mobile DK without self-healing but with good CC" I could totally go for it. It's a niche that isn't filled yet and could create good gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, yet more stuff the horde players saw in frostfire coming to hunters in legion, now the thunderlord grapple chain ability, lol.... too bad we cant use the thunderlord tmog gear on hunters, then it would be cool.... Guess its time to farm my favorite pole arms of the past for tmog stuff....
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I'm disgusted at the Harpoon ability. They say they are going for class flavor and fantasy, yet they copy the original DK's friggin DEATH GRIP.

Hunter pet "fetching" (dragging) the target to you would be much cooler and would fit the fantasy of a hunter, instead of a lame copy and rename of DEATH GRIP.

Poo.
    Well its classic move for sprear wender characters in almost every game ins our fault that blizz made DKs before they decide to make Melee SVV I personally think that pulling you towards target is much beter option.But well we dint have beta yet so no one knows exacly do we will even have this ability on first place (PvP says Hello)

Poo.
    It's not though. It sounds exactly like what the hunters in the Thunderlord clan used so it actually makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a minor glyph that will make a hunter_death_grip to appear like it's your pet fetching an enemy to you. Works only on gnomes and goblins tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyz22 View Post
    Melee hunters were boring asf in vanilla imo
    only as much as melee warlocks, but those abilities were just in existence because of variation or lore or w/e.
    Now they are going to improve on it.

Gap closer will be wingclip and whatever your pet does

It would be cool if they were'nt pure melee but short ranged, throwing spears and using abilities up to 15yards away or so

Quote Originally Posted by tonyz22 View Post
    Melee hunters were boring asf in vanilla imo
    Cellphones were utterly shit in 2005 imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

I just can't wait to see the Harpoon animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many ppl complained with WOD was announced about the LW ability? alot, but now its a pve almost mandatory talent (for MM, and to a lesser extent Surv)now for raiding and some cases pvp(with the aid of a summon pet/MC macro). So the hunter community needs to stop this complaining, and adopt a wait and see attitude about the new spec.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Trollragemore View Post
    how many ppl complained with WOD was announced about the LW ability? alot, but now its a pve almost mandatory talent (for MM, and to a lesser extent Surv)now for raiding and some cases pvp(with the aid of a summon pet/MC macro). So the hunter community needs to stop this complaining, and adopt a wait and see attitude about the new spec.
    I mean, lone wolf is mandatory, so everyone uses it in pve. That doesn't mean they like the ability now after complaining before, it just means they're forced to use it to be competitive, because it's so much better than the other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Dragon Con interviews revealed that "Survival Hunters, who are melee in Legion, get Harpoon ability to draw mobs towards them." - From the Wowhead summary of the panel.
    Aaaaaand... Brace yourself for a mass influx of new Hunters with names that are some dumb derivative of "Scorpion."

Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    Aaaaaand... Brace yourself for a mass influx of new Hunters with names that are some dumb derivative of "Scorpion."
    We'll probably also see an increase in the price of Heavy Scorpid armor