Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Uh. What? I don't do CMs mate. You'd know that if you looked up my char. Fuck, I don't even think I have a single gold CM this expansion, let alone any "best" times. Can't be bothered, don't need the gold from boosting, no reason to do them. Rather level slayer in runescape or grind legends in diablo in my downtime .
    I meant the MoP ones but fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Yes this is why i say "first timer".... But its not a question of skill of what.. They are achiev for only a handful of players per server its stupid beacuase in pvp for exemple tou get only 1 achiev for getting a big rank there you earn 8 for fucking achiev what?...

Yeah and if you talk about fun? Some people make first world timers for fun but they gain nothing

The concept of first timer achiev is not stupid This is the number of achiev give as reward is exaggerated because tbh its not hard to do best timer of your serv but its more hard to do best timer of your country or world
    And this affects your game how, exactly? i cant see how this can be prejudicial to you in any way, since FoS doesnt even count points towards total Achiv points

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I meant the MoP ones but fair enough
    Yea, did them with guildies because they needed a hunter and we had 2x teams running. As an officer/GM I have to socialize at times, ended up snagging the realm firsts and got them by proxy. Not a huge deal to me as I'm not competitive there, but that doesn't mean I don't emphatize with the people who DO find pushing the timers a fun activity. And one that's fairly easy to "get into" at that, with low entry-level gear, mostly based upon players personal abilities etc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP challenge modes pretty much made me ignore them entirely. I was playing a WW monk at the time. I didn't fit into the best comp setup and therefore didn't do them. My alt hunter at that time did them because we needed to protect our realm best times from a off realm team that transferred to take the gold titles. They transferred to our realm because they had a buyer on the horde side. We talked the buyer into paying us to get him gold and leave that transferred group to figure out a different buyer.

This is the kind of stupidity that had occurred with the Realm First titles. I for one would be glad to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Yeah, the silver/bronze runs we did as fresh 100s really shouldn't have earned us realm best titles :P
    I think they should just delay the leaderboards opening until 3-4 weeks into an xpac.
    There was a group on Bleeding Hallow that did a 1 hour 30min UBRS clear before anybody else had run the instance, they got a bunch of no medal realm best times, they should add CM seasons and they shouldn't start for at least a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    This is the kind of stupidity that had occurred with the Realm First titles. I for one would be glad to see them go.
    People selling carries shouldn't be a reason to remove the titles, do you think they should remove Gladiator because people sell that?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    People selling carries shouldn't be a reason to remove the titles, do you think they should remove Gladiator because people sell that?
    Tanaris is a low-mid population server. The four people that transferred to our server transferred from Illidan, because they had a buyer on our server. That person was on the opposite side of our server. We talked him into letting us get him gold. Then did that for him at less then our times. As soon, as this group didn't have a buyer and couldn't get the prices they were demanding for a realm best time. They transferred off the realm. They were there for no other purpose but to crush our times. Which in all honesty they could do at any time. This meant that whoever had the money to transfer to other servers could claim a title that couldn't be beat. And because, the person on our server wasn't going to transfer off the server, they would hold the best time even though the other group transferred away.

I know it may seem selfish to say that the population of a server wanted to keep their titles. But, if any group can transfer to your low population server take the realm first and leave. What is the point of having them. Money for Blizzard?

Note on Gladiator: I think they should remove arenas. So, my opinion on that one doesn't count.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-10 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaris is a low-mid population server. The four people that transferred to our server transferred from Illidan, because they had a buyer on our server. That person was on the opposite side of our server. We talked him into letting us get him gold. Then did that for him at less then our times. As soon, as this group didn't have a buyer and couldn't get the prices they were demanding for a realm best time. They transferred off the realm. They were there for no other purpose but to crush our times. Which in all honesty they could do at any time. This meant that whoever had the money to transfer to other servers could claim a title that couldn't be beat. And because, the person on our server wasn't going to transfer off the server, they would hold the best time even though the other group transferred away.

I know it may seem selfish to say that the population of a server wanted to keep their titles. But, if any group can transfer to your low population server take the realm first and leave. What is the point of having them. Money for Blizzard?
    That's not a reason to remove the realm first titles though. That just means the system should be tweaked - when you transfer servers you shouldn't be eligible for that sort of thing for a period of time (1-2 months). They used to (still do?) do that for PVP and guilds getting realm first achieves as well, and that makes perfect sense.

Besides, I don't know what realm best times you had, I'm pretty sure that a group in my guild (we're connected to Tanaris) has had the realm best titles for most of WoD.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had best times prior to the connectioned realms. Then we pretty much stopped caring in all honesty. At this point, our slowing in advancement really has to do with apathy. 90% of The Unnamed log on at 8:00pm and log off at exactly 11:30pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. We have gotten to the point, last week we killed assault and logged with 30 minutes still left in raid time. Not really sure, how to motivate the players to play.

TBH this story sounds like complete BS and looking at your armory to see you don't have any feat of strengths for realm best times reinforces my belief, not that it matters as it shouldn't be a reason to remove titles but a reason to tweak them to stop it like Wilderness said.

Note on Gladiator: I think they should remove arenas. So, my opinion on that one doesn't count.
    Not sure why so many people want content removed because they don't like it, I've never done any pet battles but I don't think they should be removed.

Tanaris is a low-mid population server. The four people that transferred to our server transferred from Illidan, because they had a buyer on our server. That person was on the opposite side of our server.
    If they beat your times by transferring to your server I don't see the slightest problem.

You're not "forced" to do anything, gold is enough. How exactly can realm records not go to those who try the most? Communism?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    TBH this story sounds like complete BS and looking at your armory to see you don't have any feat of strengths for realm best times reinforces my belief, not that it matters as it shouldn't be a reason to remove titles but a reason to tweak them to stop it like Wilderness said.
    Don't look at my armory for it. I said I was playing WW at the time and not a good choice to take for realm best times. The team at the time was Zascha (resto druid), Deathz (Deathknight), Remedie (Spriest), Mordenov (Warlock) and another they picked up from in guild.

I could point out the buyer on the horde side of the server but I don't want to point to characters in a negative manner. The above people earned their strength achievements by hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    If they beat your times by transferring to your server I don't see the slightest problem.
    You don't see a problem with a group transferring to another realm and taking their realm first? I guess, pretty sure most groups would be pissed if someone did it with your group.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-10 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Yeah but i dont talk about gold acheiv but first timer achiev...

Kill the first boss in mythic difiulcty before the next give you 1 Cutting Edge Achievements but clean all shit challenge first serveur give you 8 Feats of Strengths. And that is not the same dificulty i assure you...

This is my problem

I like the gold challenge but in dont like the concept of the first realm
    get over yourself.
    People like you made the game into the wellfare babysitter tittie sucker gamer that it is atm.

"AW i pay the same, its unfair people can spend more time and get "useless shit" that i cant!"

You also play with your guild on the PTR servers to practice fights and what not yes?.
    I bet you do.... KAPPA

- - - Updated - - -

Don't look at my armory for it. I said I was playing WW at the time and not a good choice to take for realm best times. The team at the time was Zascha (resto druid), Deathz (Deathknight), Remedie (Spriest), Mordenov (Warlock) and another they picked up from in guild.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't see a problem with a group transferring to another realm and taking their realm first? I guess, pretty sure most groups would be pissed if someone did it with your group.
    HA i would be hillariously entertained, A WHOLE GUILD spending money on that...
    Personally, id me more amused then angry.
    Hey their money - time ya?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    See, simply removing them stops bad behaviour. In the end on Tanaris-Greymane, for example. The players on the server will show up as best times in third party tools because they are players on that server. It shouldn't include players from other servers that are simply trying to make gold. The gold amount above was a half million gold for 4 players to transfer over and get gold times for him. Their attempt actually netted the realm best time on one dungeon at the time, which is what caused my guild to have to offer the other player all golds for no cost if he would stop doing it with them.

I am fine with Despotism or Solution holding the realm first. Because, they are part of the realms community. People that transfer over should not be eligible for any realm first achievements until after the tier they currently are on.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-10 at 04:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo, the premise of this thread is that OP feels excluded from guild activities, therefore the content is flawed?

Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    HA i would be hillariously entertained, A WHOLE GUILD spending money on that...
    Personally, id me more amused then angry.
    Hey their money - time ya?
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure realm transfers make you ineligible for most other "realm-first" type of achievements, such as the guild achievements for realm first kills, etc. So it would be logical to have a similar cooldown in place for being eligible for realm-first CM times/titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure realm transfers make you ineligible for most other "realm-first" type of achievements, such as the guild achievements for realm first kills, etc. So it would be logical to have a similar cooldown in place for being eligible for realm-first CM times/titles.
    Transferred to Kahdgar because my personal best times were better than their golds.

But I agree. There needs to be a 2 month period that disables guilds from abusing transferring. This may not be a huge problem/deal now due to it only being an achievement, but there's guilds passionate about that sort of thing. Also if the do more world events like the opening of AQ where there's limited items per realm, many guilds will transfer to dead servers at a chance to snipe items. AQ mounts pls.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Sooooo, the premise of this thread is that OP feels excluded from guild activities, therefore the content is flawed?

Ok.
    Actually, the content is flawed because in reality on an average server it only pertains to about 20 people. With the exception of probably the extreme overpopulated servers. Then it probably applies to 100 people. The rest of the people only run the content when first gearing up at the beginning of the expansion for the 640 loot. Then ignore it from that point forward.

Actually, the content is flawed because in reality on an average server it only pertains to about 20 people. With the exception of probably the extreme overpopulated servers. Then it probably applies to 100 people. The rest of the people only run the content when first gearing up at the beginning of the expansion for the 640 loot. Then ignore it from that point forward.
    These numbers. Out of your ass or? Do we have stats posted for challenge modes somewhere yet?

Also, little effort taken to make them, so why do we need to omit them from future expansions if all they take is minor tweaking and scaling?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many people do you think have held the realm best time title on your server for WoD? I bet it's under 100. I am fine with the challenge modes being there. And for gearing, mythic dungeons will probably prove a better use of time.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-10 at 07:44 PM.