Poll: What's your take on the rng-based sockets/extra stats/warforged items?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rng is one of the reasons I didn't raid in wod. Mop loot without hit/exp would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Should be removed, sucks with RNG sockets and WF. The bonus stats are okey to have since they dont really matter that much.

WF just adds to the crazy ilvl increase through WoD and MoP expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The rng is one of the reasons I didn't raid in wod. Mop loot without hit/exp would be much better.
    Both of you failed to explain the problem. This isn't RNG like hoping a mount will drop. These are BONUSES. Something extra. You are literally asking for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Both of you failed to explain the problem. This isn't RNG like hoping a mount will drop. These are BONUSES. Something extra. You are literally asking for less.
    Sometimes less is just better. Look at the tertiary stats: useless, stupid idea. Adds nothing to make gameplay more fun or interesting.

That is a very subjective opinion. Do you feel good when you get a WF+socketed item? Yes, of course you do. Now, do you feel good when your item comes out NOT warforged, not socketed and even has no tertiary stats? No, you feel like you've just got a gimped version of an item. Which leads to you feeling frustrated more often than feeling satisfied (unless, of course, you're one of those bastards who are getting 1% drops at first kill). Like, in old system when you got a tier piece, you was shitting your pants out of joy. Now, you unpack it right after you've got it, and "oh well, common shit. AGAIN... /sigh".
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Even Diablo is adding it's own reforging allowing you to reroll bad rolled gear, on top of sveral systems reducing general RNG from drops... And that is a game focuses on lootrun, not 1 raid per week runs..
    I could live with tertiary stats like run speed increase, indestructible, maybe even leech.. but warforged and sockets are just destroying loot.. o really don't want to keep on spreadsheeting whether non WF but socketed is better than WF without socket and is that better than tier bonus without bonus stats...

As for BiS lists.. even fuckin Diablo have them.. Blizz cannot ads enough RNG for us not to form those.. it's just more annoying to uze..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That is a very subjective opinion. Do you feel good when you get a WF+socketed item? Yes, of course you do. Now, do you feel good when your item comes out NOT warforged, not socketed and even has no tertiary stats? No, you feel like you've just got a gimped version of an item. Which leads to you feeling frustrated more often than feeling satisfied (unless, of course, you're one of those bastards who are getting 1% drops at first kill). Like, in old system when you got a tier piece, you was shitting your pants out of joy. Now, you unpack it right after you've got it, and "oh well, common shit. AGAIN... /sigh".
    It's not an opinion at all. It is factually a bonus. Yes I DO feel good when I get an unwarforged piece because I just got a piece of gear. It's just a mental thing you're dealing with. The min/max attitude has infested the game too extremely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an opinion at all. It is factually a bonus. Yes I DO feel good when I get an unwarforged piece because I just got a piece of gear. It's just a mental thing you're dealing with. The min/max attitude has infested the game too extremely.
    Well 3/4 of the players on mmoc disagree with you, the added rng sucks. What's even worse, blizzard is once again out of touch.

I really like WoD's random elements, both in crafting, quest drops and loot drops.

Quest items upgrading occasionally is neat. It's nothing to get too excited about, sure, but it's a little bit of a cool thing to see.
    WoD's crafting had the potential to keep WoD resources very valuable and create an interesting economy. It's unfortunate that the game's design relies on top tier gear being in top tier content; if crafted items could somehow be pushed to be top tier, have warforged/socket/tertiary, with massive resource costs, that'd be a great way to create a really healthy economy.
    Bonuses on dungeon/raid drops are great and really help to make the gearing 'puzzle' more interesting. In particular for me, I have Mythic Warforged tier chest and Mythic Warforged Gemslot tier gloves from BRF; it makes 2pc/2pc the best option (at least on paper) until we get to M Mannoroth. With how ilvls work in HFC, it means items which drop from Assault can be competitive with items that drop off Iskar.

Well 3/4 of the players on mmoc disagree with you, the added rng sucks. What's even worse, blizzard is once again out of touch.
    I'd like to know why they don't like it, really.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

lol, or is it MMO champ that's out of touch?

Remove random sockets, remove warforged, remove versatility, return reforging.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Remove random sockets, remove warforged, remove versatility, return reforging.
    That sounds terrible. Reforging was nothing but a chore. Players shouldn't have that much control over stats, either. They should only be able to influence it through things like gems/enchants. If they DID bring back reforging, I'd say keep random gems/warforged/stats and only allow reforging to change the stats by 10-20% or so.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-08-09 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    I'd like them to bring back reforging.
    Me too, I loved reforging!

That sounds terrible. Reforming was nothing but a chore.
    I'm sorry you enjoy getting fucked by RNG.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I'm sorry you enjoy getting fucked by RNG.
    So when you find 5$ on the ground do you go, 'damn! I want $10!'?

So when you find 5$ on the ground do you go, 'damn! I want $10!'?
    banana + potato = firetruck

That is how much sense you just made.

banana + potato = firetruck

That is how much sense you just made.
    I'm not the one asking for worse gear just because I don't know when I will or won't get better gear.

When you buy a candy bar out of a vending machine and 2 happen to fall do you go 'I WASNT PREPARED FOR THIS!', and go on to tell the machine manufacturer that they need to sharpen up their machines dispensing mechanism?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-08-09 at 08:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warforged and random sockets need to just go back to where it came from and never come back.

Random stats like leech and speed, im fine with, they dont offer that much. But Warforged and Sockets are just a pain in the arse.

I like that the randomness, gives something to strive for on farm for that 'better' piece to your current... and not where once you get the BiS, that's it.

I'm not the one asking for worse gear just because I don't know when I will or won't get better gear.
    I'm not asking for worse gear? I'm asking for no randomness on gear. The difference is quite large.

I'm not asking for worse gear? I'm asking for no randomness on gear. The difference is quite large.
    No randomness=worse. Last I checked, a stock 700ilvl piece was worse than a warforged 706 piece.
    I'm just trying to grasp why you're advocating such a boring system.