Was the level 90 boost a bait and switch?

They released the level 90 boosts with the perks of an upgraded profession when they still meant something during MOP, not making us aware that you woulnd't even need a max level profession in WoD basically making one of their selling points moot. I havn't even used my free boost that came with warlords. I'll probably use it on my demon hunter and glitch the game.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Seriously, people really will bitch about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    They released the level 90 boosts with the perks of an upgraded profession when they still meant something during MOP, not making us aware that you woulnd't even need a max level profession in WoD basically making one of their selling points moot. I havn't even used my free boost that came with warlords. I'll probably use it on my demon hunter and glitch the game.
    No you won't. DH's will start at higher than 90 lvl so too bad.

Generally, people like you, it makes me happy when you are plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    No you won't. DH's will start at higher than 90 lvl so too bad.

Generally, people like you, it makes me happy when you are plain wrong.
    huh? What are you talking about? Wod Boost is lvl 90 and I havn't used it if demon hunters start higher than... nevermind, has to be a troll im explaining this too.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    What would the point of keeping it at 90 be? Force people to do Wod's nonexistent content? It only makes sense to bump the boost up every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I haven't used my 90 boost yet either. It wasn't that important to my purchase of the game, and apparently it wasn't to you either. So seriously, how can you call that a "bait and switch?" I don't think you know what the term means. You would have most certainly used your 90 boost if that's what "baited" you into the purchase. Your post cannot be taken seriously due to a general lack of logic.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bait and switch, you got exactly what you paid for.

It's fair to be unhappy with the present state of professions, but that doesn't make it a bait-and-switch.

the professions part wasn't even a selling point, it was an unmentioned feature as it only effected characters 60+. "bait and switch" does not mean what you think it means.

IMHO they need to outright drop the linear leveling system going forward and just let people quest up to the "max level." Do whatever zones you want, when you want to do them. For new players it could be overwhelming but you'd still have the breadcrumbs to lead them to the next zone in the story (so a newbie who starts playing in Netherstorm isn't wondering wtf is going on).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really much to discuss here as can be seen from the replies.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."