10+ Year Old Account

weird buzzing/beep when swapping audio hardware in wow

Small clip of it happening
    Using Windows 10 x64 pro
    audio drivers: realtek R2.79 and Nvidia 353.62 (current as of today)
    Wow version 6.2.0.20338
    Do note I turned off ingame music and sfx so that it could be heard.
    hardware specs in signature

I first noticed this beep/buzz on 8/04/2015 right before the nights raid when I swapped from the realteks optical to the realtek analog so that I could use my headset for the raid. I know that's all the same chipset but it also happens when switching to and from the hdmi speakers on my tv as well. Another thing I should mention is that it only comes out of the device you are switching to.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

I first noticed this after I was having problems with D3(turns out that issue was network drivers, but, that's besides the point.) Anyway I noticed a small sound when D3 actually opened, not as loud as yours, but, the same kind of thing. Also, I just logged into WoW and switching between system default, and realtek, does the same thing yours does.

I feel like this is an issue with either Windows 10, or the new drivers, as I'm using the same OS and drivers you're using, D3 never made that noise for me when it started running. I remember running D3 before updating my audio drivers, and, I don't think I heard the noise, so, I'm guessing, the realtek drivers.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2015-08-10 at 01:19 AM.