Deleted

Moving money from one realm to another

Hey all, I plan to reroll demon hunter next xpac on a new faction and realm and I've been saving money well, since now.

Problem is, I have about 210k atm. What is the best way to do this? How am I going to be able to move my money over?

I'd buy an expensive battle pet or two on your current server, and sell it on your new one. Might take a while to sell though, the market fluxuates. A cool pet at an xpac launch could be easy money depending on how many people resub.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well lets see. If you create your character where you have the money you can move 50k gold (unless they changed that amount) and whatever you can fit into your bags via a server- and faction transfer. So you could load up your bags with mounts and materials or items that sell. This cost real money tho as of this moment unless they create a token for it eventually.

If you create him where you want to be you have to somehow do it in another way. The only real way to do that is to buy pets where the money are, since they are account-wide you can just plop them out into cages at the new place and sell them. So buy expensive pets that you hope will sell and transfer gold that way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can't you move more gold through having a Guild?
    You can. Plus you get a lot bankslots you can put stuff into to. Don't remember now if a guild-transfer was more expensive then a character transfer. Have to check that up. Still it's more real life money swapping hands unless things change.

the best way is this (if you can spend 5 bugs):

- buy a token for real money on the char you need gold.

- sell it on the ah on that char and get the gold.

- buy a month of gametime with buying a token with gold on char that have your 210k gold.

result: you paied 20 bugs for gold, but saved 15 bugs for your sub. so you paied 5 bugs to shift gold (of 1 token) from your rich char to your poor char. you can repeat this every time, but it always costs you 5$.

btw: blizz is clever and know that. thats why the token is good income for them

Yes you can move gold via a guild vault. But I would recommend trying battle pets, if you are OK with paying attention to the AH for a week or four.

If you don't mind losing up to 50% of your gold and you are OK with doing a paid character transfer, you can also buy high-value stackable items like motorcycle parts or http://www.wowhead.com/item=83092/orb-of-mystery, which you can generally resell quickly via the AH at a reasonable loss.

But the only way to transfer substantial amounts of gold without paying Blizzard real $$ is caged battle pets.
    Last edited by Foj; 2015-08-10 at 01:32 AM.

As others have said...pets

Pets are account-wide and you can box them up on any toon

Buy a few rare pets you know will sell fairly quickly

tend to grab popular items that sell

like stacks of flasks, crystals, sandstone drake thingy, expensive bars, stuff like felblight/savage blood, Boe's, gems.

I usually check the server i'm moving to first, in order to check prices and see that i'm not losing too much gold. Or if i can even make a quick buck.

you can use https://theunderminejournal.com/ to quickly assertain what prices are on the server you are moving to and from, and find out if there's something that sells often enough to not have mounts saved up forever (dont know how many sandstone drakes / pets sell daily, but temporal crystals have been selling out daily.)

When i moved servers in early wod, boe trinkets like scabbard and double coin was going for cheap on the server i came from, so bought 3-4 trinkets and almost doubled the gold i came with.
    Last edited by Kaykay; 2015-08-10 at 01:32 AM.

If you've got a realm that's been merged with yours, you can actually mail things to a character on that merged realm. I play on Ravecrest and its merged with Uldaman, I created a few new toons on Uldaman and I was able to send them bags, gold, etc. It has to be merged though, xrealm doesn't work.

You can move up to 90k with a single transfer without a guild / AH stuff.

Buy all the garrison plans, leave them in your invertory or bank, after transfer, simply vendor those plans. You lose no gold, as they sell for 100% of buy price.

Other than that, you have to use a guild transfer, using which you can move up to 1.09 mil gold I think. Only requirements are that you have been the GM of the guild for at least 7 days and that you have had an authenticator attached to your account for at least 7 days.

Deleted
    So how easy is it to do a guild transfer? Do i have to pay for that too on top of realm/faction change? Also, can you transfer money to the opposite faction on your own realm now (an alt)

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You can move up to 90k with a single transfer without a guild / AH stuff.
    Having just moved 2 toons from server to server, the cap is 30k gold. I tried 30,001+ and it errored out.

Quote Originally Posted by ghdan View Post
    Having just moved 2 toons from server to server, the cap is 30k gold. I tried 30,001+ and it errored out.
    The cap on a max level character is 50k. You can get garrison plans worth of ~40k that you can vendor back right after transfer completes.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The cap on a max level character is 50k. You can get garrison plans worth of ~40k that you can vendor back right after transfer completes.
    Garrison plans, I understand and I wish I had thought of that. Maybe it's server related but I had to get rid of all gold except 30k for each toon I moved from US-Shadowsong to US-Lightning's Blade.

Deleted
    So it looks like I can move 90k gold without having to setup a guild?

As you will be moving at start of xpac don't buy wod materials as they will be worthless. As previous people have said get pets (preferably the expensive ones that are rare) or mounts that you can sell. The ICC mount always seems to have good demand. Check out your new server with an alt to look at ah prices first tho!

I usually take some mounts from the ah with me, the panthers and icc mounts do well. And if you already decided a server you can make a level 1 and already start selling pets.