Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Digest is 5 seconds longer now apparently.
    On mythic too?

Deleted
    It was definitely 35 seconds on mythic today, not sure if other difficulties were changed.

Significantly easier after the hotfix. If you're doing souls right, you'll get 0 essences all fight because 5 extra seconds trivializes essence healing. If you're doing it wrong and breaking healers early, you'll essentially be doing just as well as a perfect group pre-hotfix. For DPS, you could break them at like 15s now, and it's not even a big deal.

We just got our first kill tonight with the new nerfed timer. We had about 200 pulls over the last 2-3 weeks, so we weren't learning much anymore. The timer let the healers stay down slightly longer to get the last essence topped off when we had a bad combo of double druid get stomach duty at once. Small mechanical nerf resulted in a moderate decrease in difficulty. He feels alot more appropriate for his place in the instance.

We had 30 pulls before tonight. I felt like we got farther more consistently but the nerf didn't stop us from dying constantly to shared fate and surging shadows.

Been wondering when it'd get nerfed

I like the fact that it's a targeted nerf.

It's significantly easier, but not trivial at all. Thanks Blizz.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing this fix went in after our raid (we raid mornings US). Struggled to get our third kill with a much different comp than our previous two. That's a pretty huge nerf if you do the math. Adds up to around seventy seconds of extra dps/healing time in the stomach. If you are suiciding extras that's even more time. It's a good nerf considering the ease of the next three bosses relative to gorefiend. Stinks we had to kill it prenerf and use most of our raid time to do so lol. Annnnnnyway, its a needed change. It's place in the instance makes no sense relative to its difficulty.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Deleted
    for Progression, can you guys tell me where we should stand Boss-HP-wise after each feast?
    Bloodlust in the first feast is think?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle85 View Post
    for Progression, can you guys tell me where we should stand Boss-HP-wise after each feast?
    Bloodlust in the first feast is think?
    Thank you.
    Something like 60-30-0. Looking at our first kill we got 58-28-0, 715 avg ilvl with rings on most DPS, 5 healer setup. You shouldn't really worry though, I've yet to hear of someone having boss damage issues on Gorefiend.
    Last edited by scmeck; 2015-09-23 at 07:49 AM.

we used 5 healers too on our first kill the week before the nerf and the main reason was that we wanted to send in an extra healer to make sure no high HP essences spawn outside. after the added 5s inside, our healers said it's pointless now and the 5th guy does not go in any more. if you can handle the feasts with 4 healers, it's probably a good idea to 4 heal it.

Deleted
    Hi all,

My current progress here is 70% after the first feast, yes, should have been less but we had 5 deaths at this point.

Just curious, and can someone advise in best positioning for spirit stack points and anything in general to help, I know we have a good few wipes ahead of us still, think im on a count of 42 wipes.

Anything that could help that bit more please?

Thanks in advance.