Destiny internet usgae

hey guys i get 25gb of internet a month i was just wondering if this would be enough to play a few hours of destiny a day. At first all ill be doing is leveling and so which i assume wont use heaps but i was wondering about the usage for both pvp and pve at end game and how much it will use. I am aware of the patches but im not too concerned as i can just take it to my local IT shop to update for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you playing it on that you only have 25gb of useage?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

im playing on my ps4 however since im on a university campus my internet is capped to 25gb a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burglol View Post
    im playing on my ps4 however since im on a university campus my internet is capped to 25gb a month.
    That is some bullshit. 25gb is such a petty amount now days. Mine is 400gb for christ sake.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    the stupid rules and regulations on universities are making me more and more glad i was never able to afford to go. would have NEVER been able to put up with it. 25gb would have been fine......15 years ago.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is some bullshit. 25gb is such a petty amount now days. Mine is 400gb for christ sake.
    Satellite Internet says hello. I have a 15G monthly cap and pay more than $90 for it.

To the OP, just playing the game shouldn't cause you trouble. What you have to watch out for is streaming video services, they'll devour your bandwidth quickly, especially HD quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Satellite Internet says hello. I have a 15G monthly cap and pay more than $90 for it.

To the OP, just playing the game shouldn't cause you trouble. What you have to watch out for is streaming video services, they'll devour your bandwidth quickly, especially HD quality.
    See that I understand. My phone has a 2gb cap. But for a uni to have only 25gb cap is bullshit.
    Aye mate

Yea i plan on moving off campus to get unlimited as i am in a big city so it is rather ridiculous but oh well it is what it is. So just to reiterate you guys think i will be able to play Destiny with 25gb or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i plan on moving off campus to get unlimited as i am in a big city so it is rather ridiculous but oh well it is what it is. So just to reiterate you guys think i will be able to play Destiny with 25gb or no?
    Yes. Online games don't use much. It is updates,downloads and videos that will use it all.
    Aye mate

You should be ok. From my own testing and readings, gaming uses around 50-80MB per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    You should be ok. From my own testing and readings, gaming uses around 50-80MB per hour.
    thank you very much and thanks to all those who have replied

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you wont be able to play taken king lol. It's going to be a 40 gig download

The problem your going to run into is the big patchs, i knew someone that had caped net and wanted to play halo mcc on his xbox but had like 50gigs of patchs, so watch out on first bootup, you have os updates and title updates to dl.

wont buying the disk provide a pretty up to date patched version of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming... it's not a technical institute you are attending.

Could always go to a friend's house, plug your PS4 into his wifi, DL and be good to go for update?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the stupid rules and regulations on universities are making me more and more glad i was never able to afford to go. would have NEVER been able to put up with it. 25gb would have been fine......15 years ago.
    Sour grapes, eh? My university has a 1 gbps connection with no cap on it, for $70 per year.

wont buying the disk provide a pretty up to date patched version of the game?
    Maybe if they release physical editions of the new expansion (I think they are?), but the base game is still going to have a ton of content/changes to be patched in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Sour grapes, eh? My university has a 1 gbps connection with no cap on it, for $70 per year.
    Where do you go to school and do they allow people to just live there and not attend classes or anything? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The irony.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe if they release physical editions of the new expansion (I think they are?), but the base game is still going to have a ton of content/changes to be patched in.

Where do you go to school and do they allow people to just live there and not attend classes or anything? >.>
    Netherlands or somewhere more North, would be my guess :P