Thread: SMF vs TG

SMF vs TG

So my guild demands a BiS List because we use RCLootCouncil.

However, the debate is real...I have to choose between 1handers&2handers
    I know that whichever you have that is higher ilvl is better to use, but i can only roll BiS on one of the two.
    Currently rocking Heroic Tyrant wep(715)+Normal Arch(705) wep(for 2handers) - Currently using these
    Have Heroic 1Handers(710 and 705)

So I guess my question is, which should I choose?

I can only MS on the one i do not choose if its an upgrade(but not bis so obv my prio on it is not same)

We are currently 1/13 Mythic, prob 2/13 tomorrow.

BIS is Archimonde mythic swords obv, but if you don't want to hold out for those you could chose Archi HC or Council Mythic weapons?
    I don't really understand your question tho, since there's only 1 bis item and your guild wants a bis item, Archi sword mythic is the one.
    Outside of that there's always upgrades along the way and as long as those are upgrades you'd be in equal settings with others?
    Give DK's Mastery/Multi from fel lord prio, mastery/crit for you etc.?

Oh, and as for SMF vs TG, go TG.

A wise man does at first, what a fool does at last.
    They both do the same thing, only at different times.

Your guild saying you can only choose one is sort of counter productive. until you get Heroic Archimonde weapon twice, even the one hander from Iron Reaver Mythic would be a upgrade, Stats aside, Weapon Damage > Stats. Imo, they should view every weapon as a separate upgrade for everyone, unless its genuinely best in slot for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampie View Post
    Your guild saying you can only choose one is sort of counter productive. until you get Heroic Archimonde weapon twice, even the one hander from Iron Reaver Mythic would be a upgrade, Stats aside, Weapon Damage > Stats. Imo, they should view every weapon as a separate upgrade for everyone, unless its genuinely best in slot for someone.
    I can get both, but can only bis on the actual bis i choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Matix365 View Post
    I can get both, but can only bis on the actual bis i choose.
    Then choose the bis? Archi swords.

A wise man does at first, what a fool does at last.
    They both do the same thing, only at different times.

Overall rule is that SMF is better on ST and TG is better on multi targets. You must adjust to every single boss You will progres unless you dont care about being 100% optimal. As for your setup i suggest:

You go SMF for fel reaver progress, simply best ST spec for warrior even with one weapon with lower ilvl, with trinkets EDH and Worldbreaker
    for Komrok unless you are THE person to kill the grasping hands, go SMF as well (except for padle dps on hands this is a single target fight),
    for council any spec is fine but arms is performing the best,
    for Killrog most definately SMF unless you are 100% you will get out of realm on sub 30% of boss and you got someone with good aoe like warlocks in the realm.

Of course you can always go with your own playstyle but this worked for me just fine so far, hope this helped you a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampie View Post
    Your guild saying you can only choose one is sort of counter productive.
    It makes sense to have a warrior choose TG or SMF before giving out loot... unless there is no loot competition, you should stick with one setup rather than constantly jumping between the two.

Just stay with TG imo. This way you get 2hander upgrades which are also suitable for arms.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-11 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TG, because you need to optimize arms, as well. TG is also better on ANY mythic fight, given same iLevel weapons, due to there always being something to cleave (even on reaver, you have bombs that you can AOE)