10+ Year Old Account

Never satisfied....

From the front page Dev talk interview feedback:

"So disappointing. Waste of my time."
    "We were promised a decent Q/A with new info. You answered none of our questions."

But when there was a fullblown Q/A for WOD, people complained that stuff never go in, so:

"we made the mistake with Warlords of talking about too much too early, and some stuff didn't make it."

So Blizz is tightlipped as not to spill any secrets about things that MAY NOT come in the expansion and people are crying. CHRIST.... you guys whine more than my wife, on her period.

I agree. There is always someone complaining about something with this game. At the end of the day some people need to realise that it's JUST A GAME! This isn't politics!! I love Warcraft to death. Been playing WoW since vanilla and people just need to calm their tits. Deep down they enjoy the game regardless but they seem to get their high by whinging. Not like they could make the game any better themselves. Like to see them develop one lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many games with better graphics, better game engines, i mean better everything, and yet these qq'ers still stay, playing wow....... If you dont like it, there are plenty of other things to do. They are like the unhappy married couple, always arguing at parties, always complaining, and yet they don't move on...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    While I agree... the sexist comment wasn't needed... Even if she is your wife and all. -.-'

That said, yes, I think that the community has grown a lot of excessive entitlement issues.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post

"we made the mistake with Warlords of talking about too much too early, and some stuff didn't make it."
    Hahahahaha, "some" stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    While I agree... the sexist comment wasn't needed... Even if she is your wife and all. -.-'

That said, yes, I think that the community has grown a lot of excessive entitlement issues.
    What was sexist?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    What was sexist?
    The comment about comparing the community to his wife while she's on her period. PMS jokes are just something that I'm really sick of hearing on here.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't joking. Its not sexist to state a fact THAT MY OWN WIFE TELLS ME....... Her literal words every week of the month are " Dont f*&k with me this week, im on my period, i will rip your face off, how would you like to bleed for a week........."
    So yeah, its not a joke, im just stating what another female tells me.....

They are like the unhappy married couple, always arguing at parties
    Last edited by raianeorge; 2015-08-10 at 06:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't joking. Its not sexist to state a fact THAT MY OWN WIFE TELLS ME....... Her literal words every week of the month are " Dont f*&k with me this week, im on my period, i will rip your face off, how would you like to bleed for a week........."
    So yeah, its not a joke, im just stating what another female tells me.....
    Yeah, I don't really care anymore. Just whatever about it.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Another thing my wife says, and to the exact word too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have to say it is true. The negatives always outshine the positives somehow.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This is abriged from what I posted on the wow forums. I make no apology for not being satisfied this time around. It's not hard to remember what you "promised" 3 days earlier in from of 2.4 million people.

It seems Watcher is confused about where the expectations were set. Let me help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WI...ature=youtu.be They were made at the Legion reveal (linked vid at 1:18:00 onwards).

Whats especially galling is his boss made that promise standing on the same stage as him This was said to thousands of people live at Gamescom, 285k people on the live twitch stream and to almost two million youtube viewers. Yet Watcher is somehow "genuinely curious about where that promise was made"

So yes, you suck at managing expectations. How can you be so unaware? I'm sure almost all of Blizzard tuned in for the reveal. When you setting up the Q&A did it not occur to at least one of you to say "Hey guys, this Q&A isn't really a Q&A!!!"

For a company that bounces from PR blunder to communications disaster you sure are slow when it comes to admitting and learning from your mistakes. A new expac is always a great chance to wipe the slate clean and garner some positive vibes. Somehow, you're already screwing it up.

We expect better.

Deleted
    I was thinking about the same thing. When I was a teenager I used to buy a game I read about in some magazine or tried a demo of, if I liked it it was fine, if I didn't like it I'd buy another one and leave that behind or give it to a friend... Nowadays people just keep bitching about a 10 years old game like it is this masterpiece of lore and computer engineering and their lives depend on its successes. Why would I be concerned when WoW loses millions of players in some quarterly report??? If my friends still play it, I'm good! "OMG Activision Blizz will now wake up!" they talk like they're shareholders! Devs come to Europe, unveil an expansion that contains in theory everything people were ranting about (not orcs, Emerald Dream, Azshara, a new hero class...) and all they think about is "OMG only elfs!"... the Q&A sunday wasn't what they expected so that's the rant of the week, and what's even most mind-blowing is Ion that apologises on Twitter to some guy that pointed that out. The only good response from the devs now should be, and I quote Bill Burr here:"Go F*** yourself!" You should have seen the WoW booth at Gamescom... WoW+the movie area took up a space equal to a quarter of the Overwatch or HotS booth, those were just massive. People just have to get over it, WoW is not dying but they're keeping it alive only for the people that used to play it years ago. Younger people try out the new games, spend their money for those games and Blizz is seeing this. The business model is shifted, actually I'm really amazed by the fact that WoW lived so long.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really look into it beforehand but I assumed it was going to be a 'real' Q&A rather than a recap. It wasn't a real Q&A so I was really disappointed. That's life.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

To be fair the Q&A wasn't much of a Q&A...I was disappointed to wait to around to listen to the stream only to be left with that...BUT, I do appreciate that they apologized for it...Even Ion thought it was supposed to be a legit Q&A...

As for people being on edge about everything, you have to remember that with WoD Blizzard has to win back a lot of trust for people since really they put expectations incredibly high. The other thing with a Q&A they can pick and choose questions easily, for instance someone asking the simple question of Survival going melee. There's a difference between answering peoples questions and saying "this is what we want to put into the game" because I don't recall Blizzard saying what was and was not going to make it into WoD in a Q&A.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

From the front page Dev talk interview feedback:

"So disappointing. Waste of my time."
    "We were promised a decent Q/A with new info. You answered none of our questions."

But when there was a fullblown Q/A for WOD, people complained that stuff never go in, so:

So Blizz is tightlipped as not to spill any secrets about things that MAY NOT come in the expansion and people are crying. CHRIST.... you guys whine more than my wife, on her period.
    I get that Blizzard is trying not to oversell Legion or get our hopes up for stuff that won't make it live. Blizzard shouldn't of had the "Dev talk." Why have it, if Blizzard is just going to say the same stuff that's on the Legion website and not answer questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. There's a similar thread about the problems of the Q&A over in the Legion forum. Please post constructive comments there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."