Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this story the other day

needless death because some random reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    This is once again a classic example of how religion corrupts people. We should really get rid of it, it has no place in the world anymore, just like VHS tapes are no longer used.
    Indeed, religion corrupts people and restricts the freedom of others.

Let's put everyone practising religion in jail.

Mod note: This is clearly sarcasm. I made it obvious by posting 20 eyeroll faces. No warnerino, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Let's put everyone practising religion in jail.
    He didn't say that though. And before you say - yes I feel religion itself is both useless and boring, but, as it is obviously extremely important to so many people I would never agree to "get rid of it" at this stage. (just clarifying his point)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    not gonna post the image, but this is exactly what I thought of when I first read it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjFLMP8CQAASXwD.jpg

I would become the biggest Jesus Freak if someone could prove people like this really do rot in hell.

Not the man's fault. One shouldn't allow potential customers to damage the property one is wishing to sell if there's no clear intention of buying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I wonder where else the "can't let 'strange men' touch my daughter even to rescue her" could possibly come from.
    An upbringing which has led to poor values? One or several attempts in the man's life which has led to poor views on women? There's plenty of things that can have led up to this event..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    An upbringing which has led to poor values? One or several attempts in the man's life which has led to poor views on women? There's plenty of things that can have led up to this event..
    AFAIK no Asian culture values honor(outside the muslums) so high that men can't touch their daughter to save her. Likelihood is big it's caused by religion.

Then again, Asian could mean Pakistani as well, depending on how they define "asian"(like here in Sweden it refers to east/south-east Asians while in other places it's more inclusive.).
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2015-08-10 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by (Insert Name Here) View Post
    He didn't say that though. And before you say - yes I feel religion itself is both useless and boring, but, as it is obviously extremely important to so many people I would never agree to "get rid of it" at this stage. (just clarifying his point)
    It's not useless. I've read psychological studies which show religious people are less likely to develop depression/diseases where psychology factors in.

There should be a limit, though, and saving a life is that limit.

The guy should've been KOd and the daughter saved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    AFAIK no Asian culture values honor(outside the muslums) so high that men can't touch their daughter to save her. Likelihood is big it's caused by religion.
    No Tiili.. I think you're far too uneducated on the subject to make that conclusion. It could be something cultural. Could be something psychological. Could be religion. Could be a mix. We don't know enough about the man or situation to even guess the likelihood of it having to do with religion.

Then again, Asian could mean Pakistani as well, depending on how they define "asian"(like here in Sweden it refers to east/south-east Asians while in other places it's more inclusive.).
    Never heard of Pakistanis being counted as anything else than Asians. Asian could however include the Middle East.. so for all we know it could be a Iraqi, Indonesian or Russian..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    This is once again a classic example of how religion corrupts people. We should really get rid of it, it has no place in the world anymore, just like VHS tapes are no longer used.
    Right, because corruption wouldn't exist in a non-religious world. Former communist countries in Eastern Europe/Central Asia say hi!
    I also fail to see how every other religious person in the world, especially those who aren't Muslim fundamentalists are guilty of this.
    Guess I'm going to hold every atheist on this planet responsible for the crimes of one person from now on, because that seems to be the norm these days.

You really should re-evaluate your opinions, because you sound like someone who would cry against religion but be just as oppressive in removing it as religious fanatics are about spreading it.

No Tiili.. I think you're far too uneducated on the subject to make that conclusion. It could be something cultural. Could be something psychological. Could be religion. Could be a mix. We don't know enough about the man or situation to even guess the likelihood of it having to do with religion.
    Maybe its some sort of extreme sexism? I'm sure the internet femnazi's will be all over this incident. They'll parade it as some sort of patriarchal savagery.
    I can feel them gathering around reddit right now like vultures to a carcass.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2015-08-10 at 02:01 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post

Perhaps Asia starts somewhere around Asia Minor and goes east from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Haven't left first page yet and already shifting blame to the lifeguards. Amazing.
    That was not what I was trying to do. I do not blame the lifeguards, nor do I think they deserve to be blamed. I was just wondering how could that monstrous father delay them so much?

Maybe you should reread where it happened before making such a naive statement.

Haven't left first page yet and already shifting blame to the lifeguards. Amazing.
    I'm not blaming them but if it were me I would've saved the girl.

If the father interfered you punch him the fuck out, this is a human life we're talking about. If he tries to do anything to you the other lifeguards will save you because he's no longer acting on his daughter, he's trying to harm YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    When did this internet trend of, "Every statement is blame somehow" start, anyway?

"Hey, lady, don't walk down that dark alley alone at 3am, this is a rough neighborhood." - "NO STOP VICTIM BLAMING ME ILL WALK WHERE I WANT"
    he misinterpreted my post, or I was unable to state my thoughts in a correct manner. English is not my native language and I can make some mistakes. Another thing to take in consideration is that being a written statement it lacks the sentimental and vocal part of a message, that would otherwise imply something else when spoken, not written. However you are right, long gone are the days when people actually listen to others and won't consider themselves untouchable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people in jehovas witness rather want a person to die than agree to give them donated blood, so i imagine these things happen quite often

I wonder if the father was being sincere or it was murder? Maybe he wanted his daughter dead?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

All these racist islamaphobes need to check their privileges, It's his culture you bigots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this another one of those fake "throwing babies out of incubators" stories?