Thread: New demon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I kinda like turning into shit as Demo, gives the spec something unique. Like if it can't be META, what else can't it be?

I think a stance/form needs to stay, one idea would be a Fel construct ( Fel Xhul'horac Model or Socrethar robot for example ).

"You Create a Temporary Fel Construct that houses your soul. The construct fades away after 15s or when manually exited, returning your soul to your body. While posessing the Fel construct, you can BLABLA INSERT DEMON STUFF HERE

Imo fits the lore too since you move your soul into sth else instead of twisting your body like demon hunters do.

What would be cool enhancements to have in a new form, but more summoner related? :P

some ideas out of the top of my hat based on current demo

- just like Xhul'horac, you can tear gaps in reality, creating a portal for your demon army. Could even have a single & aoe version of this
    - Hellfire becomes rain of chaos as AOE example!
    - All Shall Burn-like ability (azmodan HOTS), fel fire channel , able to move while channeling. All your demons will switch to this target and deal XX% more dmg while the channel goes on. Not spammable?
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2015-08-11 at 10:05 PM.
    made by Shyama

Yeah the idea of becoming demons as demonology suits my fancy a lot more than controlling demons considering I'm running around destroying these demons all the time in my other specs I hardly need them fighting in place of me.

Game play wise it works out better as well since the pet AI / UI is cringe worthy.

If I were them I'd hone in on the stance dancing aspect of it for uniqueness and make it so we stance dance constantly to do different kinds of dmg but simplify each stance so that it doesn't blow peoples minds. The "stances" could be different demons we fuse with to do different kinds of dmg, etc etc and proper management would end up as increased up time in these fusions which will fall off eventually.

I'd prefer a lot of things besides a pet spec... Sadly... pet spec here we come.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-08-11 at 09:52 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i can already tell right now, those felstalkers are going to be summoned in packs by demonology warlocks in legion, summoning lots of them to do damage before disappearing.

lore, or someone, said they're different than fel hounds and they "hunt in packs"... total fucking foreshadowing dammit, slick motherfuckers.
    I know that this is a late reply but this would make even more sense if Demonology locks got Hakkar the hound master's whip from r their artifact weapon it was said to summon packs of felhounds which sounds much more like these new fel stalkers with just a crack of the whip

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a Baleroc type of Demon.

Face it, ever since LotR you wanted a Balrog of your own.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I like the idea that we get the weapon of Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner, and as we upgrade it, become even more powerful than he was, and we are able to control the mighty Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.

But seriously Eredar Lords would be fun. I want to make Infernal Volcanoes like he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    How about one of these?

Where is that from? They look insanely sexy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Agree. With warlocks becoming the very epitome of their class and demos possibly losing Metamorphosis, the time for a tame mechanic for demo warlocks is now.
    Maybe part of their overhaul?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Where is that from? They look insanely sexy.
    The Legion page under artwork.

Well with demo being change into a (hopefully badass) warlock summoner, I'm hoping we get a bunch of new demons along with it. That artwork linked above is awesome, I hope it's something warlock related, but I doubt it. Would be cool if meta was like the necromancer's death shroud from guild wars 2. Giving us another health bar and some new abilities with maybe an AoE that didn't require melee range. Granted it's not that much different from how the current meta works, I just want to turn into that thing and fling shadowbolts (maybe something fel related) at my enemies.

If we really do lose Meta, I'm really gonna miss Demonic Leap and Falling Meteor..

I'm really interested in warlocks after gamescon.
    If meta is removed from warlock kit (something that I want if they improve warlocks in the process), I want Demons to evolve/transform on cd. Or use new demons, or release bigger demons

Don't know, some crazy stuff like:
    -Summon Eredar that atack everybody until you chain him. (new infernal+doomguard)
    -Pit Lord (same like above).
    -New demons (with new models)
    -Evolve your old demons to something better (Grimoire of supremacy 2.0, with better, bigger and uglier demons!!!). Maybe with the same mechanics of Meta, but it's your pet that transforms and not you. Ex: Felguard evolving to FelLord

Something like that could be really awesome!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I'm stoked for Demo revamp, there has never been a true summoner feel to this class (or any real MMO.) I feel like summoning a ton of demons to do your bidding will rock

note - lineage 2 got close, with one summon that you buff a ton and keep buffs on to rock the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

If we really do lose Meta, I'm really gonna miss Demonic Leap and Falling Meteor..
    So much this.. Like someone mentioned in another thread, maybe they make Meta similar to how Moonkin form works for druids. Keep meta/leap/meteor (not sure how leap/meteor would work with meta reduced to a cd) and still introduce whatever new game play they have in mind.

Pit Lords, Dreadlords or even Man'ari Eredar (similar to Archimonde/Kil'jaeden) would be fantastic but also since they will likely remove Metamorphosis, Grimoire of Sacrifice should be reworked so that you basically become them and gain control of their abilities. Which would require Blizzard to rework their abilities as well as flesh them out a bit more but it would add some much needed "freshness" to the class while allowing us to keep our own version of Metamorphosis. An example of this would be summoning an Infernal, using Grimoire of Sacrifice and having your character's skin turn to molten rock, increasing in size, gaining a constant immolation aura and gaining various abilities to fit the theme of the transformation (which could potentially give us the ability to be tanks/healers as well). Of course that's just a very rough idea and I know Blizzard would never devote any real amount of time to adding something like that (at least for warlocks) but at least it's a decent idea for an alternative to Metamorphosis (if it gets removed).

Maybe we can get rain of chaos

What if we could "unlock" other demons before we can control them? Maybe through a quest chain. That would be like TBC, but only for the most powerful demons, for example a Pitlord.

Deleted
    Only demons we're missing that I particularly like are Pit Lords, but shrinking them down or even giving them to warlocks just detracts from what I like about them, how huge and powerful they tend to be.

They fall into the same category as Nethrezim for me - the second you're weak / small enough to be enslaved, they've lost the majority of their value to me.

Something new would be cool, but I don't think there are any existing demons that tickle my fancy, Zakuun model is about as interested as I get - make that a sup replacement or something instead of the ugly wrathguard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If hunters can have saddled clefthoof's as pets then i think it isn't too much to ask for us to have pit lords as demon pets.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    well, for demonology locks, i'd like to see a pittlord.

i'd like to a better caster for all specs. i'm sick of the imp.
    Pitlord, Void Terror, Dreadlords

10+ Year Old Account
    well, for demonology locks, i'd like to see a pittlord.

i'd like to a better caster for all specs. i'm sick of the imp.
    Doubt even Gul'dan is powerful enough to control a Pit Lord let alone your standard Warlock.

Dreadlords are pushing it, but I can see it as a Demo only short duration CD pet (Like Infernals w/o talent) as a Lock wouldn't be able to control one for too long (those things are powerful enough to kill Sylvannas and her Ranger sisters and it would be a bit unbalanced when your pet could literally kill a faction leader).
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-08-12 at 08:40 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    It would look awesome as a form you turn into as well. Since Demo is possibly losing their Metamorphosis form.
    Blizzard never confirmed that they will remove metamorphosis all together. Perhaps will will more focus on demon pets, but will give us an access to that form.