Thread: Enslave demon

Enslave demon

So I wonder if they'll actually make enslave demon useful in Legion. Being that it's a demon expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    They did mention that demo locks will be focusing on the control of demons so maybe that will be a more interactive part of our arsenal now.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope so. Given how many different Demon models there are in game, I've been really hoping they would totally revamp our summoning system to be more like that of Hunters for a while now.

It would be cool if they simply established different classes or roles for demons, and allowed us to enslave our own permanently to fill those roles the way hunters can with their own pets. We'd still have the basic "tank" or "ranged" type options, they just wouldn't be limited to the voidwalker, imp, etc. That way, we could go out into the world and find a "tank" demon we like, and enslave that to fill the role our Voidwalker currently occupies.

They could work in unique abilities for different enslaves like hunters, or they could just leave it as a flavor thing. Either way, I would really like to see them put some love into our whole Demon system. It's really stale, and they've done basically nothing with it since giving Demo a new demon back in TBC.

Here's hoping it works on Demon Hunters, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Here's hoping it works on Demon Hunters, eh?
    Offtopic but I really find it pretty awkward that Demonology would be focused on pets if you're going to have Demon Hunters in your raid.I don't know, it's pretty weird.

Deleted
    Judging by the extensive usefullness of our demoncontrolling toolkit in HFC, I very much doubt it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Offtopic but I really find it pretty awkward that Demonology would be focused on pets if you're going to have Demon Hunters in your raid.I don't know, it's pretty weird.
    Why? Totally different things.

Demonhunters are to Warlocks
    as Druids are to Hunters

Demonhunters USE demonic powers for themselves; they do not summon demons.
    Warlocks summon demons, but (should not) turn into them.

Demon Hunters are also not demons, they are technically fel-corrupted mortals who have taken on demonic attributes and powers.
    So warlocks wouldn't have any control over them at all; not any more than we would be able to control fel ocrs or fel boars.

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    Why? Totally different things.

Demonhunters are to Warlocks
    as Druids are to Hunters

Demonhunters USE demonic powers for themselves; they do not summon demons.
    Warlocks summon demons, but (should not) turn into them.

Demon Hunters are also not demons, they are technically fel-corrupted mortals who have taken on demonic attributes and powers.
    So warlocks wouldn't have any control over them at all; not any more than we would be able to control fel ocrs or fel boars.
    I think he's referring more to the fact that the entire point of a demon hunter is...to hunt down and destroy demons. Any demon, really - since they're well aware that even those under control are simply ticking time bombs of potential destruction.

He has a point - especially since they go so far as to rip out their own eyes so that they can better stalk their prey. I hope it isn't just ignored and that we get to see a lot of delicious tension between the two fel wielding classes.

As for whether demon hunters are demons? They sort of are - or at least a hybrid between elf and demon. Illidan's described as 'more demon than elf' if I recall correctly.