Thread: I hate soc.

Deleted

I hate soc.

Give me some tips. Do I just run there and Blizzard the ghosts? The main problem I have is that they usually tell you "focus ads/ghosts duuuuude" and the ads are like starting from 2 miles away and you are in the middle of nowhere with the melees.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Arcane, I just ignore them since our cleave depends on getting Doom Nova to proc. Arcane Explosion is fine if they are close or just ST one down if its left up. For Frost, you can save Frozen Orb, or Water Jet the boss before hand to save up procs and turn around. Otherwise Mages just generally won't have as high of damage as other classes. If you guys can't kill them before they reach you, unless you're raid is just extremely melee heavy, that is more the issue of other range dps than a Mage not doing well enough.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

go fire and pad
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    You shouldnt even touch the ghosts.

If you must target them, I would just FO them and then single target them down. Ideally you don't even have to target them though

You send your boomkins (or ele/lock).

If you are being told to focus adds / ghosts then I guess you need to help out a bit.

For adds just interrupt them then cleave them in melee, don't go out to spawn as they don't do anything till they're in range anyway.
    Use blizzard on the adds if you have to, FO as well then spend additional procs on the boss. Try taking Ice Nova if it gets really bad.
    Even though your damage wont be up there the amount of slows should allow your raid to kill them

Deleted
    Arcane, Full single but Supernova ghosts = BIG DEEPZ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntss View Post
    Arcane, Full single but Supernova ghosts = BIG DEEPZ
    This. Make sure you are using Supernova right when they spawn in case you get a Doom Nova proc (so it isn't wasted).

We have 2 mages, and we alternate blizzard and FO, so I go first and FO, then she FO's the second pack while I blizzard etc.
    Also look at the PVP talent tier to stop rogue runaways. Of course Freeze from your pet is a go as well.
    Slowing them is as important as killing them outright if you have a few people on task.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Give me some tips. Do I just run there and Blizzard the ghosts? The main problem I have is that they usually tell you "focus ads/ghosts duuuuude" and the ads are like starting from 2 miles away and you are in the middle of nowhere with the melees.
    I always trap all ghosts in one point. When portals move i mass grip them to one point then we get ranged to switch to em and mow em down all at once. So switching to them is a dps increase instead of a loss cause there are so many.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Since we're on the Socrethar subject..
    Can Gift of the Man'ari be removed with Ice Block and if not, can Ice Block prevent the damage from Gift of the Man'ari?
    Sorry for bringing it slightly off topic as you're mainly talking about the Haunting Souls but going by the title I assumed it was okay to ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    Since we're on the Socrethar subject..
    Can Gift of the Man'ari be removed with Ice Block and if not, can Ice Block prevent the damage from Gift of the Man'ari?
    Sorry for bringing it slightly off topic as you're mainly talking about the Haunting Souls but going by the title I assumed it was okay to ask
    I was actually thrown off by this, as the first couple weeks I could drop it completely with Ice Block, but this last week I tried and it didn't work. Can anybody else confirm?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I'm not sure but I think it dropped the damage on you but it kept ticking on others.

Thanks for the responses
    One of the mages in our guild said that it still did damage while Ice Blocked (or something like that) a while ago but I assumed he meant "damage to others" rather than the mage using IB.

If it indeed prevents being damaged like other debuffs that are supposedly being blocked by IB then I guess one of the mages in our guild needs to be slapped for not using IB and dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I'm not sure but I think it dropped the damage on you but it kept ticking on others.
    Yeah, you can Iceblock it and stop the damage on you, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't remove the debuff and it will continue to pulse on other people. I have not tried Iceblock on it, but I have used GI and that didn’t remove it so that’s why I don’t think Iceblock would either.

Player arcane there, super nova + barrage + arcane orb into ghosts, othewrise single the boss. Don't go out of ur way to get in their range - they will fly to you anyway, cmon. Also, occasional doom nova can yield big deeps.
    Frankly speaking mage's dps on them is irrelevant even on mythic difficulty, so best bet would be just going hard on the boss but its a dps loss of course, lol
    Last edited by Makarena; 2015-08-14 at 08:35 AM.