Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yeah I wouldn't exactly be excited till we see some actual changes.

Wish they could make combat what it's name says... and even possibly make a ranged spec. I don't know about the rest of you rogues but I find our one shit ranged ability puts a lot of pressure on .. even damage. If they can make that one shit shurieken toss good - they should be able to give us a ranged spec.

At this point Blizzard is once again just straight up saying that they think people who play rogues are idiots.

They aren't going to do a damn thing and it's still going to do the same basic homogenized specs we've been used to. Will still have between all 3 specs the same exact abilities keybound to the same buttons across the board just with a couple different pictures.

I mean hell they actually said that they're keeping rogues the same. No class changes. Nothing. Words direct from their mouths saying that they will stay the same. I really don't know where people are getting this idea that rogues are going to change from. Maybe it's just the fact that the rogue class is so desperate for ANYTHING that even if they mention rogues one single time out of the entire conference people fixate on that that some how it means all their hopes and dreams will come true. Literally they basically read off the current rogue descriptions and said that they are going to stay as is.

Maybe we still need to get used to the new combo point system or need more haste to fix it but personally I'm calling bull shit on Blizz just depending on their assumption that the rogue class is full of idiots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I remember combat in BC. I loved it, but my god I nearly got carpel tunnel spamming Sinister Strike. That was back when I used Vanish not as a dps cooldown but to reset my threat when it inevitably approached the tanks'. Using feint whenever possible not as a survival cd but to lower threat. Top dps was within 50dps of each other, and battling fiercely for it. People paused midfight to bandage (ceiling on Mannoroth, remember?).

I think the changes from Vanilla, and less so from BC, are really what created the current situation with rogues...which is to say, they stood out and were designed for those early iterations of the game, but now are just sorta...there.
    you know what i loved most about bc?

min maxxing.

making sure you had the proper elixirs (agility, etc), potions (haste potions, healing potions), reagants (vanish, poisons, etc), and proffesion bonuses (Drums and things of that type) as well as having a good balanced raid composition (which for rogues meant having a shammy totem twist and MAYBE a survival hunter for the debuff).

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    you know what i loved most about bc?

min maxxing.

making sure you had the proper elixirs (agility, etc), potions (haste potions, healing potions), reagants (vanish, poisons, etc), and proffesion bonuses (Drums and things of that type) as well as having a good balanced raid composition (which for rogues meant having a shammy totem twist and MAYBE a survival hunter for the debuff).
    So much. As a matter of fact, most prominent topics on Elitist Jerk were about rogue min maxing. And the time when EJ started to lose popularity was when rogue became streamlined. Coincidence, maybe.

idk why you all want assasination's rotation to be more complex, it should be more engaging if anything.

Procs like dispatch procs make the playstyle engaging and fun without making it complex, have some faith maybe they will deliver this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    So much. As a matter of fact, most prominent topics on Elitist Jerk were about rogue min maxing. And the time when EJ started to lose popularity was when rogue became streamlined. Coincidence, maybe.
    i donno, i just remember all the rogues in my raid (normally 3, sometimes 4) were ALWAYS looking for a shammy who could totem twist. we actually REJECTED two shaman apps because they said "i won't totem twist because it does nothing for ME and is a dps loss". or something to that effect. another shaman passed that question but when asked if he was a LW (For the drumline) he said no but he could swap if needed (and had no issue doing so, other than he didn't have a lot of free time to farm with). he was accepted. and the next day his mail box was flooded with leather of all levels that we farmed on our alts. included with the leather was a guide on the best recipes to create to level LW, where to find any recipes he may need to purchase them with, and enough gold to cover the cost of leveling LW.

so yeah. we rogues knew what was up, we knew how to take care of those who took care of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polyxena View Post
    idk why you all want assasination's rotation to be more complex, it should be more engaging if anything.

Procs like dispatch procs make the playstyle engaging and fun without making it complex, have some faith maybe they will deliver this time.
    i am pretty sure that by "Complex" most rogues merely want our damage to be LESS passive. you know. so it feels like we actually DO SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by polyxena View Post

Buff maintenance is fine.

Procs like Dispatch are good, but in the specific case of Assa, it's far from enough. It's literally the only thing to pay attention to and you just need to press a button and that's it.

Then there is the king of RNG Sub where rupture lasts based on how many times you multistrike and can be really annoying at times. Though much funnier than Assa, i think that is the degree of complexity specs should have.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Buff maintenance is fine.

Procs like Dispatch are good, but in the specific case of Assa, it's far from enough. It's literally the only thing to pay attention to and you just need to press a button and that's it.

Then there is the king of RNG Sub where rupture lasts based on how many times you multistrike and can be really annoying at times. Though much funnier than Assa, i think that is the degree of complexity specs should have.
    fu*k no we need more controlled damage instead of more layers of RNG sub is not complex at all its the same as assass in concept its just RNG as f*ck so you have to pay more attention to your rotation and plan ahead BECUZ of the rng and this is why i hate this retarded russian roulette spec
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy sub the least aswell. Just give it a

Ghostly strike: Attack the target and vanish into the shadows. 15 seconds cooldown.
    Backstab, teleports you behind the target when activated, still must be in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    fu*k no we need more controlled damage instead of more layers of RNG sub is not complex at all its the same as assass in concept its just RNG as f*ck so you have to pay more attention to your rotation and plan ahead BECUZ of the rng and this is why i hate this retarded russian roulette spec
    While i don't have an opininon so extreme, i kinda agree.
    Sub degree of complexity and "gameplay speed" is fine; the implementation is again made in the wrong way.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

way too early for any "confirmed"s
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Part of me likes to think they'll go the whole nine yards. Swashbuckling Combat Rogues? Alright, let's fully embrace the pirate route; I'm talking a skill or two incorporating pistol/blunderbuss shots. I'm talking broken glass bottles and all sorts. Acrobatics, sword play, and all the rest of it.

Depending on whether you deem 'assassins' or 'ninjas' to be more deadly, I'd definitely like a spec that lives up to that name; hard-hitting, like Rogues used to be. Anyone who thinks this game is without classes that can kill people with only a handful of attacks should look unto Marksmanship Hunters, for one, whose toolkit involves around two attacks that hit like trucks. Let Subtlety fill that niche; something that brings a world of fast, hard-hitting pain.

Assassination could stand to benefit from being a more visibly poisonous spec. Throwing vials of poison, subsequently creating lethal toxic gas clouds; all sorts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajdhfh View Post
    In a recent interview by yogcast sjin, Tom Chilton briefly discusses some class identity changes as the team looks to de-homogenize classes, noting that rogues will see enhanced class identity.
    https://youtu.be/trJiscnWZ8c?t=7m43s
    Subtley- ninja route
    Combat- pirate route
    Assassination- poison route.
    Of course these are likely just ideas that Chilton listed off; nonetheless, it's exciting to see that we will be getting some desired changes.
    Tom Chilton did not mention identity changes.
    He mentioned reinforcing the flavor of each spec, and then he proceeded to tell us what the flavor is meant to be (and has always been).
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?