Thread: Sub opener help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sub opener help

713 ilvl with 4 piece, and trinket. swapping from mut to sub after not playing sub since mythic hm.

Subterfuge/glyph of vanish is used

I'm trying to maximize my opening rotation.

Pre-pull: premed, tricks tank, snd (3), prepot (2), vanish (1).

Or should I: premed, tricks, snd (3), prepot (2), ambush, then vanish.

Would second rotation net an additional ambush in the opener, or would I be energy starved/need to pool for my initial dance.

Second, should I clip the subterfuge for my first vanish in order to dance, or should I do the three ambushes, then pool for dance?

Boy there sure is a lot of burst in this spec.

-10 Premed
    -1 SnD, pot
    0 Vanish, Rupt
    1 SD+SR, Amb

Your opening Vanish is just for the instant 5pc and 10% damage amp for your SD+SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    -10 Premed
    -1 SnD, pot
    0 Vanish, Rupt
    1 SD+SR, Amb

Your opening Vanish is just for the instant 5pc and 10% damage amp for your SD+SR.
    why not ... 0 Vanish > SR > Rupt > SD > ambush? imo its better coz SR will put rupt too

Deleted
    0 vanish, reflection+rupture+dance (in same global) dance your trouble away. That is how i open and it works for me, Ive spoken with other top rogues and it is all the same shit basically.

Awesome, thanks. I'll practice those to make it comfortable and see how the dps is.

Deleted
    -10 premed
    -2 snd
    -1 this macro
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=30 Draenic Agility Potion,Shadow Reflection;
    /castsequence reset=10 Vanish,Rupture;

( u press it twice really quickly, taptap )
    0 shadow dance
    begin spam

best opener there is while being super easy to execute at the same time without having to press POT+VANISH+RUPTURE+SHADOW REFLECTION

u just press 1 button twice in 0.5 sec and there ya go buddy

(btw. not my macro, credit goes to Rylix IIRC)
    Last edited by mmoc6fd03e2e20; 2015-08-13 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppek1993 View Post
    -10 premed
    -2 snd
    -1 this macro
    #showtooltip

( u press it twice really quickly, taptap )
    0 shadow dance
    begin spam

best opener there is while being super easy to execute at the same time without having to press POT+VANISH+RUPTURE+SHADOW REFLECTION

u just press 1 button twice in 0.5 sec and there ya go buddy

Doesn't Shadow Ref get its own pot buff if you use it inside SR?
    Edit: meh, the macro is of course for the opener.

You use SD before you go out of vanishs "subterfuge"?

Quote Originally Posted by daspels View Post
    You use SD before you go out of vanishs "subterfuge"?
    If you have 4pc, yes.

If you have 4pc, yes.
    Only on pull or through the entire fight? If not, is vanish now prio over SD if they go off CD at the same time?

Deleted
    -10 Premed
    -1 SnD, pot
    0 Vanish, Rupt
    1 SD+SR, Amb

Using SR before Rupture turned out the highest simdps. They also hotfixed the 2p to be +30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewlol View Post
    0 vanish, reflection+rupture+dance (in same global) dance your trouble away. That is how i open and it works for me, Ive spoken with other top rogues and it is all the same shit basically.
    Almost, you can wait with SD since it does not have an effect on the rupture. Hi Drew btw ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Peppek1993 View Post
    Hey, thanks for giving me credit! I immediately recognized that macro due to the 30s and 10s reset timers. They ended up like that because I merged two prepull macros into that one using two separate castsequences. Didn't even know it would work before I tried it the first time, this is probably the 3rd or 4th iteration of the macro.

In case you need more macros some shameless self-advertisement https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...PItF7thIuNbb0/

Deleted
    Uhm, it's a huge waste to apply rupture before using SR.

-2 Pot
    -1 SnD
    0 Ambush
    1 Vanish
    1.5 SR -> Ambush
    2 Rupture
    3 SD

Your SR is applying Rupture too, your output will be bigger.

RylixTV have 2 question for you
    1. What is the difference between those macros:
    #showtooltip
    and
    /use Draenic Agility Potion
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Shadow Reflection
    /cast Rapture
    ?

2. What are you doing if soul capacitor does not proc on opener (after you cast SD already) from the start? waiting with ambush till it proc? or spam ambushs anyway?
    Last edited by Bisu; 2015-08-17 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    A castsequence macro will do the first skill listed and then move to the next line. Each further usage of the macro will go to the next spell listed. So for that particular macro to work you need to press it twice.
    The other macro tries to do everything at once, this only works though if you have at least one combo point ingame, if you have 0 while you use it (you should be at 0 after SnD) it will not cast rupture because the server does not register your 5CP from the Vanish yet.
    Also pre pot might fail with your second macro as it is used together with a hostile ability (using SR engages into combat and pulls the boss).
    If you use Pre pot separately on a different keybind before and spam the 2nd macro until it uses rupture it should work fine too.

TL;DR

Macro 1: press twice, safe pre pot and safe rupture.
    Macro 2: pre pot will probably fail, and rupture won't trigger.

2.: Just use ambush, don't energy cap. Depending on gear and Bloodlust I guess you have 1-2 spare GCDs so you could wait up to 1s.
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2015-08-18 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Im bad Hi rylix, when do I get mod in your chat btw :P And also I dont like using macros for openers as it can cause reliance on them and removes flexibility and muscle memory.
    Last edited by mmocd281d143b8; 2015-08-20 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    neither dance nor reflection are on the gcd, therefore you can use it together with rupture on the pull, that is why I mentioned it.
    I don't see much of a problem with relying on macros, 29 out of 46(50 if you count focus skills) of my Keybinds are macros. Rogue would be tedious without macros, also macros can fix stealth bar lag to a large extent.
    I think by now I have developed the muscle memory of pressing that same button twice and then leg ring + shadow dance.

I guess we can talk about that mod subject tomorrow or so :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Rylix, how are you using your Sub Opener Macro without prepulling? Are you just trusting your raid not to pull early than the timer?

Deleted
    I press it the first time at ~1s before the timer ends and then at 0. Even if they pull you still have like 0.5 seconds to insta pot and not fail pre pot. So they would have to early pull at like 1.5s or more to fail pre pot for me.

RylixTV
    if soul capacitor buff up while i must renew my rapture... what to do? renew rapture or spam ambush/evis?