Deleted

New Office Build help

So I recently had a discussion with the financial controller bout replacing (most of the) shitty computers in our company.
    My coworkers have to wait 2 mins to load an excel sheet or even sort a column or open a webpage (no its not the internet, its the actual RAM not able to process). Dont even get me started on business specific software or starting up a computer (takes 20 mins).

Anyhow, i managed to get a 250-400$ budget per computer (if i can save a bit, thats ok too) and assembly will be done by me and a colleague. RAM (thinking 8gb-16gb) will be the main concern, together with an SSD which will also be the main costs. People dont need to do actual video / graphical editing, but alot of people use multi-screens so the (inbuild) videocard needs to support that.

I tried looking on PC Partpicker but so many builds within the budget re-use shit, its hard to make a proper selection based on price.

TLDR: Basicly what i need is a rapid speed office build for huge Excel file processing, browsing, etc. Periphrals are already here, its just the PC itself.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-08-11 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Try this out for size:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: HEC Enterprise MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $380.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-11 03:39 EDT-0400

I'd also see if you can't get bulk discounts for buying in Corporate-sized amounts. That's just over $400, and is perfect for non-gaming uses. You might even be able to get away with a GT740 or similar GPU, as those are media cards.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply. Isnt a geforce GTX 750 hyper overkill for simply using excel / financial software?
    Asking since its like 25% of the entire price when i dont see much use for it. I use a 770 for a gaming rig running newest games on ultra..
    Woulnd a 610 suffice for half the price?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-08-11 at 07:57 AM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd never buy a kingston SSD nor a CX line of PSU - but if you are building generic rigs for the office with work's dollars, here you go.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GT 630 2GB Video Card ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($22.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($21.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $295.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-11 10:39 EDT-0400
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Call Dell, ask for a small business rep. Seriously. They have deals that you won't see on the internet or in any fliers or anywhere. For the low end workstation builds, you almost can't beat the price, plus you get support, which as a company is very important. I just bought 3 PCs to use as workstations here, minor stuff, just like you, running the company software, excel and outlook and whatnot, paid $200 each. Please keep in mind, especially since you are a company, if you are assembling these yourself, it is costing the company not just the parts, but the labor for you to assemble them all. Try Dell, see what deals you can get and I'll bet you'll find it's cheaper.

I know this sounds like the opposite of what people say here all the time. Build yourself, it's cheaper. While that is true of gaming systems, systems like what you need are far far more common. Because they are so common, the pre-builts really get down and dirty pricing wise and it's really hard to beat. If you think about it, for every bad ass gaming rig out there though there are hundreds of office machines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Isnt a geforce GTX 750 hyper overkill for simply using excel / financial software?
    Asking since its like 25% of the entire price when i dont see much use for it. I use a 770 for a gaming rig running newest games on ultra..
    Woulnd a 610 suffice for half the price?
    The reason i put the Ti in is largely because of the dual-output capacity, which I know the 750TI can do, and I'm not as sure on the other media-grade cards.