Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much only do pvp when i play wow now. I am interested in the changes and will give it a very big go and stick with it. But a large part of pvping is to get the gear. Hopefully there will be viable gear rewards still because I am really not interested in going through the bullshit of raids for gear when my time to play wow these days is very limited at best.

Deleted
    I highly doubt that someone in quest greens will scale as well as someone with mythic gear, and that's why I find it hard to believe that best gear shouldn't be coming from raids... unfortunately, unless it's some similarities that you can obtain through pvp at a slower rate. And the only good thing that can come out of that is gold run raids becoming popular again, which might solve the problem with getting players for mythic raids. But that's just good for raiders, not for people who only want to pvp.
    So, unless they figure some really good out, outlook is not good for people who don't want to raid for BiS gear

"I highly doubt that someone in quest greens will scale as well as someone with mythic gear"

Of course not. But why is that the goal?

Blizzard has overwhelming data on player actions. I'm sure they know that almost everyone plays the pve game to some degree. Specifically, how many players go from quest greens to gladiator gear? It's gotta be trivial. Anyone can run a dungeon, and get dungeon gear. Anyone can run LFR, but getting a full set of LFR is a lot less useful.

So, what's their "sponge ceiling"- the line at which, any new item level only really works in pve? That's the big question, and we're so far from implementation that no one knows. Simply pointing out that it won't be quest greens isn't a huge help. What about dungeon blues, or LFR purples? If the line is, say, heroic raid gear, then that would be a huge problem. What if it is LFR purples, and also pvp makes LFR level purples? Or normal mode? You can't just draw a line on principle, because at some point most players will say "oh, ya, I'm doing that content already, it takes two hours a week, tops".

I'm nervous about this change, but I like their prompt and sharp backtracking. We need to give them more time to tell us what they want to do. I hope I'm not being offensive when I say, some full dragonslayer dev making comments about how they want to get rid of pvp gear, should not be interpreted as "pvpers can go jump off a bridge". The overall motivation to get rid of pvp gear is actually a good one, and what's actually being discussed is the core thing that pvpers in all the wowlike games have been on about since the inception of the genre- they want the item level progression grind to not be all over their pvp. Whatever is being discussed is ultimately aimed at that goal.

Yes, it's reasonable to not trust them totally. No, it's not reasonable to just assume they have bad intentions. They seem to be having the right conversation, lets see what they say when they have time to get their design straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I highly doubt that someone in quest greens will scale as well as someone with mythic gear, and that's why I find it hard to believe that best gear shouldn't be coming from raids... unfortunately, unless it's some similarities that you can obtain through pvp at a slower rate. And the only good thing that can come out of that is gold run raids becoming popular again, which might solve the problem with getting players for mythic raids. But that's just good for raiders, not for people who only want to pvp.
    So, unless they figure some really good out, outlook is not good for people who don't want to raid for BiS gear
    They won't scale the same, no, but someone in mythic gear will only have a small advantage against the person in all greens.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    They won't scale the same, no, but someone in mythic gear will only have a small advantage against the person in all greens.
    7% ain't small and it's just an imaginary figure made out of thin air, the reality might be (and very likely is, because it's hard to account for everything) different.

We won't know until we see the actual scaling numbers. And it won't ever work better in terms of gear parity than what we have now (the cap makes all gear the same, once you are past the gearing stage), we are talking merely about a degree to which it works worse.

I like the fact that I can finally do battlegrounds on my freshly dinged character and not get stomped by a fully geared player, even though I play better than them just because they have a set bonus or trinket proc that gave them a better outcome than me.

It does look like there's no reason to be a hardcore PvP player now though when the best PvE gear will probably also be the best PvP gear. I hope this isn't the case and that there's still PvP gear with PvP specific set bonuses, or something, anything really.

One thing I am curious about is under level cap, 50 honor players, some of the passives you get might be a bit much for a level 20 player, but we don't know how it works yet, there might be a level requirement for the honor talents, gotta wait and see, but overall, i'm pretty interested in how it's going to work, if it does.

Deleted
    The focus for pvp will be entirely on gear, the only difference is you may not farm it using battlegrounds anymore, as Chilton and his bootlickers are going to change item drops to RNG drops. And based on the fact you play organized components will reward you with epic gear. And matchmade content will give blue gear.

At the end, nothing will change. Just the fact they removed the currencies, and changed items to strongbox drops with a quality based on the level of organization.

It's blizzard. They only know slot machines. They only know about their reward schedule.

"PVP gear should not matter" is just the lip service of a hypocrite.

As long they dont noramlize gear in battlegrounds they lie directly in your face if they talk about removing gear from pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2015-08-11 at 04:56 PM.

I hope I'll still be able to solo 2-3 noobs simultaneously... Like the gap was obviously "unfair" but that was fun at times. I'd prefer if they scaled gear in rated only and it remained a shit show in random BGs/world PvP.

Deleted
    I don't trust them to balance the trinket slot or the set bonuses of pve gear.

i'd be perfectly content with resil gear.