Deleted

Tanks keep failing at basic boss positioning on Kazzak, killing half the raid

So I've done Kazzak a few times by now, so I can get felblight, and I've noticed a quite disturbing trend.

So far, I was fortunate to only see this on my shaman, but since she died multiple times to this both times I did the boss on her, it got quite old quite fast.

What I'm talking about is tanks that position Kazzak facing the raid, causing him to breathe on the raid and often killing multiple players who already were damaged, or had low HP from gear. this means loss of gold (repair costs), loss of time (corpserunning), loss of performance (dead DPS do 0 DPS) and overall just a loss of enjoyment for those that die.

The problem is that this is only done by a small minority of tanks. Most tanks know they need to turn the boss, but as recently as yesterday, I still encounter tanks that badly position the boss. Because I want to avoid all the above losses, I give a quick head's up in every group, but that leads to the tanks that DO know how to fight telling me off for acting like they don't know basic tanking skills. However, I don't know whether the tanks will be a good tank who knows that stuff, or a bad tank who doesn't know that.

any thoughts on this?

I haven't seen cases where the tanks (or at least one of the 2-10 tanks) literally didn't know where to face him. What I have seen are some griefing players who deliberately taunt him toward the raid the instant before the cast goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe press that WASD keys yourself and get your arse behind the boss if the tank fails to turn him?? It's not hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    I haven't seen cases where the tanks (or at least one of the 2-10 tanks) literally didn't know where to face him. What I have seen are some griefing players who deliberately taunt him toward the raid the instant before the cast goes off.
    This, a lot of this. ^^

i often see 630 tanks on kazzak. then you have that 715 warlock with 9 stacks of fel debuff shooting chaosbolts at pull.

Do the math what will happen, and why he turns around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

9 of 10 times when I go to do him on one of my tank alts, he turns because someone taunts. Not because the boss is positioned wrong.

Also nice signature Sunny. Mythical trinket on your char!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Maybe press that WASD keys yourself and get your arse behind the boss if the tank fails to turn him?? It's not hard to do.
    This too.

Lots of tanks have two areas they prefer to tank in, that leave non-overlapping areas for tanks to swap between.

Lots of DPS players (and healers) don't watch for when direction switches, and get caught in the side of the blast, and then blame the tank.

They want to sit in one place, never move, and have the tanks keep Kazzak positioned in exactly one direction the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

What I have actually noticed a lot of times is that some people have garrison follower bodyguards that taunt Kazzak which in turn usually faces him toward the raid(a lot of times as the breath is coming).

Quote Originally Posted by saphka View Post
    What I have actually noticed a lot of times is that some people have garrison follower bodyguards that taunt Kazzak which in turn usually faces him toward the raid(a lot of times as the breath is coming).
    Firsta weeka (2 tbh) was tank, but now yeah, usually people with follower (sunworn warlock) or hunters with Taunt on, od locks with voidwalkers lol

Deleted
    Since I'm a dk and can solo it, I always make it my goal just to kill as many people as possible, in the hopes they come on the forums and complain.

Deleted
    It's not failing, it's called Boss Roulette. I did it with Oondasta too, always fun watching 75% the raid get deleted because of 0 situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Followers do not work anymore (for like 2 weeks). Hunter pet never did work. Voidswalker never worked.

Just outrange the breath or use a def cd. Thats what I do
    Sadly, not entirely correct: the Aeda Brightdawn follower (on horde side) is still able to spam taunt Kazzak for shits'n'giggles, usually just before breath.
    Been reported many times, they keep on leaving their heads up their ass about it.
    All you can do as a tank is to watch the breath timer & make sure to taunt just before it hits, to ensure it hits you & not the raid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It happens, I spun the boss dpsing with the debuff last night. Wasn't really paying attention, the tank died... boss came running at me. Thought, it a tad odd as when I joined there was listed 5 tanks, 7 healers, 25+ dps.

Just wait till pull and see if they face the raid or not, if they do you tell them and if not you wont be screamed at. Yes might be too late sometimes but oh well just find one of the million other grps if they dont listen

15+ Year Old Account
    Baddie tanks will be baddie tanks, when im solo tanking it, blue geared tanks keep taunting, and die, they res, and taunt again, the even worse tanks res and taunts and aims it toward the raid

Tho, when boss is at 1-5%, sometimes i spin the boss and see if somebody dies
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

When I'm dpsing I just move. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Baddie tanks will be baddie tanks, when im solo tanking it, blue geared tanks keep taunting, and die, they res, and taunt again, the even worse tanks res and taunts and aims it toward the raid

Tho, when boss is at 1-5%, sometimes i spin the boss and see if somebody dies
    You know what pisses me off is when I'm tanking him (ilvl700 brewmaster so not bad but not special) is the fact that to compensate for the bads I just try to keep aggro on me the whole time and yet the healers let me die because they are too busy healing the bads or apparently not healing at all or something. i just dont see how im dying with 5-7 freaking healers.

i'm not a great tank, but i know how to position the boss, hold aggro and keep all my mitigation rolling.

I've seen tanks literally turning the boss around in circles during the fight, like they are trying to dodge the big breath and killing half the raid with it. It annoys the shit out of me, I'm a seasoned raider and someone who is not new to the idea of "stand behind the boss", but some of these tanks have very successfully managed to kill me with their lack of a clue, despite my best efforts to stay safe.

There is only so much you can do to survive a clueless tank running around like a headless chicken or moving suddenly in an unpredictable manner because he/she doesn't know what to do, they aren't even aware of the fact that it was just their doing that wiped out half of the raid in an instant. I can only thank blizzard for making the boss so easy that shit like this isn't an actual problem.

The bigger problem is actually the tanks not able to decide who is going to tank them, so they all stand in different places and fight for agro or taunt swap, causing quite literally instant boss changes of direction.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-08-12 at 05:22 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I bet most often than not its some shitter hunter's pet growling. Pets attack boss' ass, growls, and boss turns around

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    I bet most often than not its some shitter hunter's pet growling. Pets attack boss' ass, growls, and boss turns around
    Growl can't taunt bosses.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

People are bored and breath the raid to see how many react in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.