Whats the appeal to Scalebound

I really dont see the appeal aside from that its from Platinum, and Weeaboos somehow praise Japanese game developers. If you look on the comment section on all the videos about it there is like: "Fuck Playstation, im trading in to get Xbox one, since its exlusive" "Possibly game of all time?" Yuck.

Boring combat. Its the typhical japanese combat that revolves around pushing the same buttons repeat. How the hell do you play trough so long with same mechanics without boring your fucking ass off?

The overpowered dragon. I mean whats the point, there is like small enemies which are like Humans/dragon hunters whatever I dont know, The dragon can take out 100 of those with one flame breath strike thing which is stupid. There are also Giant mantids in the game which the dragon pretty much can take on himself. To top it all off, I dont think the Dragon can die if It would happen. You can 10 seconds to resurrect it again, before you die aswell. So, you're telling me that if you keep close to the dragon all the time, you'll win the game no matter what difficulty?

The protaginst is so annyoing. Aside from being Eyecandy, there is not appealing. Its just the Energetic hotheaded asshole that never shuts up.

I mean, why does Japanese game companies (or asian, I dont really care.) Platinum, Nintendo Koei Tecmo etc. They get all the praise with mediocer games such as Super Mario and stuff. Koei tecmo sucks at PC ports (Its locked at 30 fps, if you mess with ini file to increase it, it speeds up the game to the point where its unplayable) and they charge 60 dollars for this crap. The fanboys aka Weeaboos still defend it to the death. (I can't image asians bying it anyway.)

Then the few pinacles of companies we have left such as Blizzard, Bioware, Ubisoft, EA (Yeah I know, their micro transactions are insane, but like it or not, their game concepts are interesting most of the time and we keep buying their games) yeah, those companies are being called bad and greedy, and out of ideas and what not because they are not Asian companies. Do I need to say more?

Back to topic, What the fuck is the Appeal to this game? Its the same button smashing with no varied rotation or combat all the time. Mantid fight revolves around launching yourself into the air chaining yourself to one leg, dashing to it, hitting or for damage and repeat. Thats all the gameplat, or hit it from the ground with same "Light light light heavy attack repeat".

Dragon is clearly overpowered, and there is nothing appealing to the Protagonist. If you ask me, it got to be the most overrated/overhyped game of 2015/6

Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    I really dont see the appeal aside from that its from Platinum, and Weeaboos somehow praise Japanese game developers. If you look on the comment section on all the videos about it there is like: "Fuck Playstation, im trading in to get Xbox one, since its exlusive" "Possibly game of all time?" Yuck.
    I don't think you know what a weaboo game is. Look up Hyperdimension Neptunia and compare.

Boring combat. Its the typhical japanese combat that revolves around pushing the same buttons repeat. How the hell do you play trough so long with same mechanics without boring your fucking ass off?
    Wait, what game doesn't have combat that revolves around pushing the same buttons? You do realize how asinine this is right?

The overpowered dragon. I mean whats the point, there is like small enemies which are like Humans/dragon hunters whatever I dont know, The dragon can take out 100 of those with one flame breath strike thing which is stupid. There are also Giant mantids in the game which the dragon pretty much can take on himself. To top it all off, I dont think the Dragon can die if It would happen. You can 10 seconds to resurrect it again, before you die aswell. So, you're telling me that if you keep close to the dragon all the time, you'll win the game no matter what difficulty?
    Ya, because demos of the easy early parts of the game is totally relevant to beating the entire game.

The protaginst is so annyoing. Aside from being Eyecandy, there is not appealing. Its just the Energetic hotheaded asshole that never shuts up.
    Platinum protags are always over the top. It's part of the charm.

I mean, why does Japanese game companies (or asian, I dont really care.) Platinum, Nintendo Koei Tecmo etc. They get all the praise with mediocer games such as Super Mario and stuff. Koei tecmo sucks at PC ports (Its locked at 30 fps, if you mess with ini file to increase it, it speeds up the game to the point where its unplayable) and they charge 60 dollars for this crap. The fanboys aka Weeaboos still defend it to the death. (I can't image asians bying it anyway.)

Then the few pinacles of companies we have left such as Blizzard, Bioware, Ubisoft, EA (Yeah I know, their micro transactions are insane, but like it or not, their game concepts are interesting most of the time and we keep buying their games) yeah, those companies are being called bad and greedy, and out of ideas and what not because they are not Asian companies. Do I need to say more?
    Wait, are you seriously saying you don't understand why Nintendo get's more praise for their games then companies like Ubisoft or EA? Is this real life. Well you can start with the fact they don't release beta tests for $60 and work your way through a slew of other issues down the list.

Back to topic, What the fuck is the Appeal to this game? Its the same button smashing with no varied rotation or combat all the time. Mantid fight revolves around launching yourself into the air chaining yourself to one leg, dashing to it, hitting or for damage and repeat. Thats all the gameplat, or hit it from the ground with same "Light light light heavy attack repeat".

Dragon is clearly overpowered, and there is nothing appealing to the Protagonist. If you ask me, it got to be the most overrated/overhyped game of 2015/6
    You seem really surprised that people might have different tastes then you. It's like diversity is this weird thing you never understood in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's like diversity is this weird thing you never understood in life.
    Oh yeah, classical japanese combat with constant same combos is the most fun shit I've ever witnessed right?
    Give me a break, the game has nothing that hasnt already been done before aside from that stupid overpowered dragon. People praise if with Pre alpha footage, I sure as hell have the right to bash it aswell

the game has nothing that hasnt already been done before aside from that stupid overpowered dragon.
    Oh cute, now we are faulting the game for only having one thing that makes it unique. I guess this logic can be applied to every single game known to man. Every single game known to man is overhyped garbage confirmed.

Deleted
    Relevant username

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Relevant username
    Your comment isnt suprising with Anime profile pick and banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh cute, now we are faulting the game for only having one thing that makes it unique. I guess this logic can be applied to every single game known to man. Every single game known to man is overhyped garbage confirmed.
    Yeah, having a pet trough the entire game is Unique, there are plenty of games that have done this. You say because I bash one game I bash all games, what logic are you using Exactly?

Your comment isnt suprising with Anime profile pick and banner.
    This reply proves their point, that you have no intention of having a real discussion here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, having a pet trough the entire game is Unique, there are plenty of games that have done this. You say because I bash one game I bash all games, what logic are you using Exactly?
    Name your favorite game, name what is so unique about it and watch as I tear it to shreds in the same half ass logic you're trying to apply here. That seems to be the point you aren't getting. Not that you can't fault a game, but the fact you are using asinine criteria you can apply to any game known to man.

This reply proves their point, that you have no intention of having a real discussion here.

- - - Updated - - -

Name your favorite game, name what is so unique about it and watch as I tear it to shreds in the same half ass logic you're trying to apply here. That seems to be the point you aren't getting. Not that you can't fault a game, but the fact you are using asinine criteria you can apply to any game known to man.
    Proves my point? Because Weeaboos support Japanese companies to their death.

Mount and blade warband, Shadow of the Colussus and Journey are all masterpieces that do something that hasnt been done before.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2015-08-11 at 06:32 PM.

Proves my point? Because Weeaboos support Japanese companies to their death.
    Yea, cause you know this doesn't counter point your entire first argument of people wanting to dump their PS4s for XB1s or anything at all. Nope. Nice try, but you got caught and exposed for what you are.

Mount and blade warband, Shadow of the Colussus and Journey are all masterpieces that do something that hasnt been done before.
    LOL really?

You mean the same Shadow of the Colossus that involves solving puzzles to jump on giant enemies and kill them? NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, not by Zelda nope. Never been done before. Not to mention it is standard Japanese garbage with a hidden meaning, clunky gameplay and a terrible japanese look to the art style.

Journey, walking simulator. Never been done before. You know, cause designing a game that symbolizes the journey through life into a 1 hour walk through the desert, ocean and glaciers is revolutionary. Yawn.

FWIW I actually like(actually love) the above two games, just applying your joke logic to them.

Then you had the nerved to actually list a game that has some of the worst rpg combat known to man that I actually don't like... It's not unique because the combat is terrible son.

You talk about overhype and repetition, then praise Ubisoft and EA in the same post? What planet are you on?

Up next : Call of Duty 27: More Biggerer Bullets! Same Yawnworthy Gameplay

-or- if you prefer, Assassins Creed 99.9999 (Repeating, of course) - This time you get to hire assassins who hire assassins who hire assassins to assassinate those who have assassinated the assassins that hired you... with the same Yawnworthy Gameplay.

But, if you act RIGHT NOW, we will add 947 more random objects in the world to go on a pixel hunt for. How immersive is THAT!?

Because Weeaboos support Japanese companies to their death.
    That's some interesting doublethink you have going on there.

Oh tell me then jackass, has Papers please been done before? No, thats what I thought

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
    You talk about overhype and repetition, then praise Ubisoft and EA in the same post? What planet are you on?

Up next : Call of Duty 27: More Biggerer Bullets! Same Yawnworthy Gameplay

-or- if you prefer, Assassins Creed 99.9999 (Repeating, of course) - This time you get to hire assassins who hire assassins who hire assassins to assassinate those who have assassinated the assassins that hired you... with the same Yawnworthy Gameplay.

But, if you act RIGHT NOW, we will add 947 more random objects in the world to go on a pixel hunt for. How immersive is THAT!?
    Fine, EA and Ubisoft still suck, Blizzard and Bioware is the only pinnacles we have left.

Oh tell me then jackass, has Papers please been done before? No, thats what I thought
    You mean an indy game with a lot of micro management? Yes, there is quite a number of them...

You mean an indy game with a lot of micro management? Yes, there is quite a number of them...
    Which is? Name 3 games that are like this

- - - Updated - - -

Fine, EA and Ubisoft still suck, Blizzard and Bioware is the only pinnacles we have left.
    I could likely go along with that. However, Dragon Age has steadily downhill, IMO. Open world does not equate to finding clickable objects, IMO. Way too much fluff so they can pimp numbers (100+ hours gameplay, 300+ quests). No, jackasses, you have 30 quests and 270 pixel hunts that have no relevance to anything meaningful. I do feel like Mass Effect did the opposite. It got rid of the grind and beefed up the gameplay.

You want a deep, rewarding experience without all the grind they try to pass off as exploration? Try Pillars of Eternity.

Hadn't even heard of this game, watched the video, looks pretty fun. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll be following it now!

Which is? Name 3 games that are like this
    Every city building game known to man.

Cook serve delicious.

Prison Tycoon

The Sims

Want me to go on and on? All you're doing in these types of games is trying to process a lot of information at once to make the best choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on topic, I will say that as a HUGE fan of Platinum Games...Scalebound does not appear to be aesthetically pleasing to me based on the limited footage. Having a Dragon companion is pretty awesome, but the guy with the modern clothes and headphones did not reach out and grab me like Bayonetta or Gene. Its the same reason I don't much care for the look of the FF15 stuff.

But as always, I reserve the right to change my opinion once I get my hands on it. =)

Deleted
    I don't think you know what a weaboo game is. Look up Hyperdimension Neptunia and compare.

Wait, what game doesn't have combat that revolves around pushing the same buttons? You do realize how asinine this is right?

Ya, because demos of the easy early parts of the game is totally relevant to beating the entire game.

Platinum protags are always over the top. It's part of the charm.

Wait, are you seriously saying you don't understand why Nintendo get's more praise for their games then companies like Ubisoft or EA? Is this real life. Well you can start with the fact they don't release beta tests for $60 and work your way through a slew of other issues down the list.

You seem really surprised that people might have different tastes then you. It's like diversity is this weird thing you never understood in life.
    Wow! Here you go again drunk posting and attacking people who are just stating their opinions and asking questions.

Thread didn't get off to a very good start and it hasn't improved since then. Since there's little in the way of actual respectful discussion going on, I'm just going to close this down before it continues to go down the unproductive path that leads to possible infractions.