Question about my 2 computers.

I currently have a G75VW, got it for $50 due to Best Buy not being able to repair my G74SX. I also have a desktop computer that has been laying around and I wanted to know if it would be worth it to mess with that computer or not.

Laptop- i7-4700HQ, 860M, 840 Pro 256GiB, 1TB 7200.
    This has done excellently for me and it has been a godsend with how slim finances have been lately (Live on East Coast, just too a trip to West Coast USA and payed for 2 people).

Desktop- Xeon X3220, GT210, 5 random HDD's 7200 rpm.
    Now my friend has given me a GTX 670 (Since I helped him custom build the rig originally, and then helped him purchase and install a 980) and I was wondering if it would actually be worth it to buy a new PSU and install it into this rig to play games with. I understand the GPU is between about 1.5 to 2 times stronger than the 860M (underclocked 750ti for comparison).

The only new games I plan on getting are Fallout 4, would it make sense to buy the PSU and play with the desktop or not? I also play WoW, FO3/NV, Company of Heroes 2, KOTOR, XCom, Red Orchestra 2. Considering the CPU is essentially a Q6600- which is about 50% as strong in single threaded work loads at the 4700HQ and this board isn't suited for OCing- what would you do?

Thanks for any input!

The Q6600 is no longer what I would consider a reasonable processor for gaming. Eight years does take its toll, and it was a low-clocked quad core to begin with. I would get a power supply and run that video card only if you plan on a new full build soon. Alternatively, piece out and sell the Xeon PC, as even a low-end Haswell i3 build will devastate its performance.

If you were looking to build a PC, what would your budget be? You could try to look for a nice high-clocked Core 2 Duo (E8600 at 3.3GHz can pretend to be a feasible processor still) to slap in that motherboard if it is supported.
    Super casual.