Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

6.2 wasn't one of the greatest patches wow had.

It took 8 months from the previous patch to release (btw, i'll be calling 6.2 6.1 in this post, because that's what it is)

6.1 came with a zone that was supposed to come at launch, and the zone's content became completely worthless less than a month if you played more than 45 minutes a day. 6.1's reputations were better than 6.0's, but the sheer lack of narrative and purpose made the dailies feel like a chore, and the rewards were lackluster. The rares were easy to kill, the zone rained loot, making gearing from it irrelevant quickly, and world mount rewards were simply the rejected recolors from 6.0. The raid doesn't have anything jarringly wrong about it, other than some class balance, which every patch has issues with. The shipyard felt like a last-minute usage of some nautical-themed art assets, that were probably made for 6.2 (which never released), and honestly felt like it dragged players along, hopefully keeping them busy over time. 6.1 will not last for the 8-ish months until the release of 7.0.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's the worst content; well aside from the raid, the raid is fantastic, but the raids are always great, that has ever been released for wow. Every time I did tannan dailys i fought off sleep. The only reason I did them or the apexis dailys was because I want to fly.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A New raid and a zone that should've been ready for launch.
    rest is bunch of menus and rehashed content.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Yes, 6.2 was mediocre. I unsubbed even before 6.1 and 6.2 had absolutely nothing worth coming back to.

I think we'll see that 6.2 was a complete meh in the sub numbers soon as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanaan I thought was better than most of Draenor in that it at least put together Daily Quests with Rep gain as well as the Apexxis bonus objectives. I also liked the ability to use it as a gear up point for going into Raids with a new character, and trying to get the achievements done for flying and such. It wasn't great, but better than grinding mobs for rep like everything else. HFC is an overall great raid, one of my favorites they have made, but Draenor was built with a lack of content to begin with, so putting in a patch that is overall better than the rest of the expansion, doesn't do that much.

People keep saying that Tanaan was supposed to come at launch but how would they do that with the 695 gear rewards? I mean, its a catchup zone for returns and alts, they would have to scrap all of that if it was a launch event and in return it would be pretty empty content wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    People keep saying that Tanaan was supposed to come at launch but how would they do that with the 695 gear rewards? I mean, its a catchup zone for returns and alts, they would have to scrap all of that if it was a launch event and in return it would be pretty empty content wise.
    A lot can change in the (8?) months it took to develop that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    6.1 came with a zone that was supposed to come at launch, and the zone's content became completely worthless less than a month if you played more than 45 minutes a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    A New raid and a zone that should've been ready for launch.
    TJ is a catch-up zone like Timeless Isle. It was never meant to be there from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    TJ is a catch-up zone like Timeless Isle. It was never meant to be there from day one.
    Tanaan got repurposed into a catch-up zone after it got cut since the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
    Tanaan got repurposed into a catch-up zone after it got cut since the get-go.
    It seems that way, yes. Tanaan was on the map and in the list of zones on the site after Blizzcon. You wouldn't be able to tell that it is somehow special. If you knew that they'd cut a zone, you wouldn't be able to pick which one other than by guessing - they were all described evenly and equally.

The zone that seemed to be planned for later was Farahlon.

6.2 isn't a bad patch. The raid is good and Tanaan at least gave my main a few weeks of entertainment and a way to gear up alts.

What is bad is that this is the ONLY content patch we get.