Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    too easy ? nope, it's fine, i dont want to play too long with pug;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    ZA/ZG should be brought back in X.1 every expansion, they were fun to do. 6.1 would have been so much better with them.
    The sad part about this is that it's true. ZA/ZG would've made 6.1 a million times better.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

What should be brought in is the TBC and CATA (beginning) dungeon difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    What should be brought in is the TBC and CATA (beginning) dungeon difficulty.
    Yes, let's walk on the "Cata dungeons" rake again. Maybe it will produce different results?
    Also, that's what challenge mode and mythic dungeons are for.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    We can not even compare WoW now to BC, what made BC heroics hard were often class mechanics,let´s take for an example shattered halls, what made it difficult were the tanking and threat mechanics at the time.

Tanking now with a multitude of AoE threat abilitys and sticking mobs like glue to you is on a whole different level than Sunder Armor>tab>Sunder Armor>tab from Prot Warrior PoV.

You can apply those scenarios on all fronts either tanking, healing or dpsing.
    Precisely what I was just pointing out. You said "what made it difficult". TBC heroics were never difficult to ME personally. But I know there are people that did find them difficult.

Just like OP saying Dungeons are not Difficult for him now, But I can easily say there are people that still find current heroics "difficult" it is entirely up to subjective opinion. Many people that say Dungeons "used" to be hard were also New or Terrible players back then and after years of playing and getting used to the game now find things a breeze.

I had a friend start last year and he died so many times whilst leveling. I found it odd since I rarely die whilst leveling useless I really fuck up. Yet newer/below average players find it the same way.

Just remember think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Precisely what I was just pointing out. You said "what made it difficult". TBC heroics were never difficult to ME personally. But I know there are people that did find them difficult.

Just like OP saying Dungeons are not Difficult for him now, But I can easily say there are people that still find current heroics "difficult" it is entirely up to subjective opinion. Many people that say Dungeons "used" to be hard were also New or Terrible players back then and after years of playing and getting used to the game now find things a breeze.

I had a friend start last year and he died so many times whilst leveling. I found it odd since I rarely die whilst leveling useless I really fuck up. Yet newer/below average players find it the same way.

Just remember think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

I agree with you, i often joke with my friends that in order for having difficult dungeons for people that are playing for years and have seen everything, they must make encounters that are like 6 minutes long with like 6-7 lethal mechanics just like raids because the usual debuff or the usual voidzone isnt cutting it anymore for those people.

On the other side we have people that are new and for them WoD dungeons are surly a nice and challenging experience, on the appropiate item level.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last boss in Zul'gurub was horrible. It wasn't hard, it was too tricky. It's easy if you know the trick. But almost impossible if you don't. And it was pretty hard to explain what to do there. No fun at all.

We can not even compare WoW now to BC, what made BC heroics hard were often class mechanics,let´s take for an example shattered halls, what made it difficult were the tanking and threat mechanics at the time.

Tanking now with a multitude of AoE threat abilitys and sticking mobs like glue to you is on a whole different level than Sunder Armor>tab>Sunder Armor>tab from Prot Warrior PoV.

You can apply those scenarios on all fronts either tanking, healing or dpsing.
    Eh we just used a prot pally for SH and SLabs: no trouble with aoe threat there. They also did more damage than a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Eh we just used a prot pally for SH and SLabs: no trouble with aoe threat there. They also did more damage than a Warrior.
    Ye but that was their only niche in tanking.... tanking 5 mans and hyjal trash packs.

My guild never took pallys as maintanks until Wotlk arrived, it was allways warriors who tanked bosses until that point.

My point in my statement was that it was a different game in a different time with different class mechanics.

Ye but that was their only niche in tanking.... tanking 5 mans and hyjal trash packs.

My guild never took pallys as maintanks until Wotlk arrived, it was allways warriors who tanked bosses until that point.
    Really? We had a pretty constant rotation of all 3 tanks in my guild: pally, war and bear. Sadly we had too much trouble in BT with gorefiend and people not being able to properly root and kill ghost phase.

I also remember pallies being slightly better for prince malchezaar because they had more charges on their shield block than a warrior did.
    Last edited by alduron; 2015-08-15 at 03:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole difficulty topic is irrelevant as long as 5mans are not worth running. Even if you're on your alts. It should be THE way to get catch up gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    The whole difficulty topic is irrelevant as long as 5mans are not worth running. Even if you're on your alts. It should be THE way to get catch up gear.
    Only so much ways making them relevant:

-Tie them to a currency like past addons
    -To catch up to the current raid tiers of the expansion
    -A seperate Progression path besides raids, difficult dungeons with meaningfull rewards that are near the power of raid rewards for people that cant or dont want to raid

And probably many more points that i dont think of right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention ZA, not to mention M'uru adds, not to mention KJ adds. The real problem with prot pals was the absence of a shield block that made them vulnerable to shear (or w/e that ability on Illidan was called). Oh, and their itemization was beyond silly with the def stats vs spell power.
    MMO player

Just make mythic dungeons Q'able, bam, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed that patch of ZA/ZG even if you did have to just spam the same 2 dungeons for Valor. The same when they added in the DS heroics, they were fun. However, I don't think difficulty is the true determinate. People talk so highly of BC Heroics, but honestly having to CC every trash pull and focus hard to make sure it wasn't a wipe isn't that fun. If there is some kind of mechanic to the trash I'm fine with that, priority targets, kill the healer, move out/move in, all of that is fine. Just don't make stuff hit hard and do massive AoE damage for no reason. I also liked the old Valor system, sure it made you do dungeons every week, even if you didn't want to, but it gave you a reason to play and a reason to run Heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleji View Post
    Ever since mythic raids were introduced, I was hoping they would rebalance dungeons like this:

Normal - leveling dungeons. Don't make normal max-level dungeons, more variety for leveling plz.

Heroic - max level dungeons. Moderately difficult for fresh 100s, faceroll after that. Drops pre-raid gear, on par or slightly better than LFR.

Mythic - hard mode dungeons. Virtually impossible for pre-raid players, challenging for normal raid-geared players. Drops slightly better than normal raid gear (lower than heroic).

Seeing how we finally got mythic dungeons in 6.2, here's hoping that Legion will be something along these lines.
    I would prefer

Heroic dungeons, about as difficult as WoD -> Geared up for Heroic Raiding

Mythic dungeons, harder than Cata dungeons -> Geared up for Mythic raiding which releases week 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP
    Patch 4.1 heroic dungeons were hard—are you kidding me? Patch 2.0 heroic dungeons were hard... Patch 4.1 turned Zul'Aman into a joke. I would know as I sold Amani War Bear runs in the Burning Crusade.
    Last edited by Talyrius; 2015-08-15 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    I just hope that Legion dungeos will be a lot harder then in Wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerit View Post
    I just hope that Legion dungeos will be a lot harder then in Wod.
    On heroic? Fat chance, this rake have been walked on before.
    MMO player