Thread: PC for 500 euro

Deleted

PC for 500 euro

Hey guys, a friend of mine is looking to build a PC for around 500 euro. Could you guys help with picking parts?

What does he want to do with that PC? Monitor and Peripherals included? Software included?

If you need everything including monitor, keyboard and Windows, 500€ is not gonna be enough for gaming and you'll friend will be better off with PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    If you need everything including monitor, keyboard and Windows, 500€ is not gonna be enough for gaming and you'll friend will be better off with PS4.
    That's cute and all, recomending a ps4...
    but you forgot that he also needs to buy games, so... 500 wouldn't be enough. You don't even know if the "friend" has a tv compatible to connect the ps4.

OP, we need more info. not just budget, but location, what kind of games, does your friend has anything that he can salvage (does he have a monitor/keyboard/mouse/cd drive/hdd...).

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    That's cute and all, recomending a ps4...
    but you forgot that he also needs to buy games, so...
    PC games also cost money. The thing is that PS4 equivalent PC costs about 700-900€ if you need to include monitor, windows and all other stuff.

And if the PC is not for gaming, best deal for 500€ will be a discount last year's laptop and those can't be recommended without access to local newspapers and advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    PC games also cost money. The thing is that PS4 equivalent PC costs about 700-900€ if you need to include monitor, windows and all other stuff.

And if the PC is not for gaming, best deal for 500€ will be a discount last year's laptop and those can't be recommended without access to local newspapers and advertisements.
    Not all games cost money, dota2, lol, hearthstone, hots; bundles sell a lot of games for almost nothing;
    700-900€, really? get a g3258, a gtx 750 ti, a 19'' monitor and a 500gb hdd, some low end 1150 mobo and a 450w (might get a bit lower) psu and you're golden. kb/mouse are cheap. You can get this with less than 600€ (even lower, depending on what you choose ofc).

Another thing is op asked for a pc, not a console, so there's that.
    And yet another thing, op where will your friend buy the components/computer? physical store or online? Any preference?

Congratulations! You managed to turn this threat into a Console vs Pc debate before the op could even list his requirements.

This has to be some record.

Deleted
    PS4 399 euro inclusive with BTW (tax). U cant beat a console in price range... it has the bluray and everthing. Does browsing, gaming, relaxing(tv and netflix)
    PC (gaming?) My pc prices FX6300(103 euro) R8 280 (210 euro) Corsair 8gb ram (80euro) Mobo (72 euro) PSU (105 euro) Case (85 euro) HDD (70 euro)
    So yes consoles beat PC in price performance.
    I own both and i only play WoW on my pc (FX6300 and R9 280) everthing else on ps4 such as destiny and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab