Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Gender-Neutral Target Toys

There's been an uproar recently & threats to boycott Target over this whole gender-neutral toy section they are now doing. My thoughts on this are who really gives a fuck? So what if your boy wants to play with dolls. Are you so afraid that this will actually teach him to be a better parent than you are being now? What's the big deal if your daughter wants to play with cars? Not a damn thing is wrong with that. Seems to me that this is a step forward not backwards in Target's thinking. Any of you who are against it should take a step back and look at what the actual message is that you're sending to your kid. If you're afraid that your child is going to "turn gay" by playing with the "opposite sex's toys", hate to break it to you but all you're doing is making it a hostile environment for your child to be who he/she really is and you could be part of the high static rate of suicide among the youth in America for not having a supportive family they could come out to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont care. Toys should just be just that, toys. SOme of my favorite stuff were "boys" toys

Anyone remember when the phrase "gender-neutral toys" would have only referred to the fact that dolls and action figures don't have junk? Good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There's been an uproar recently & threats to boycott Target over this whole gender-neutral toy section they are now doing. My thoughts on this are who really gives a fuck? So what if your boy wants to play with dolls. Are you so afraid that this will actually teach him to be a better parent than you are being now? What's the big deal if your daughter wants to play with cars? Not a damn thing is wrong with that. Seems to me that this is a step forward not backwards in Target's thinking. Any of you who are against it should take a step back and look at what the actual message is that you're sending to your kid. If you're afraid that your child is going to "turn gay" by playing with the "opposite sex's toys", hate to break it to you but all you're doing is making it a hostile environment for your child to be who he/she really is and you could be part of the high static rate of suicide among the youth in America for not having a supportive family they could come out to.
    you seem to give a fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Most adults do not care.

Excluded Fox News, because there are no intellectual adults there:

[video=youtube;VJ2T89geIvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2T89geIvE[/ideo]
    WHY IS THIS HEADLINE NEWS?!

Even by Fox's piss poor, laughable standards of "news", why is THIS of all the things happening in the world SO IMPORTANT that it makes headline news...

Stories like this are the reason I don't read/watch the news...ever.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

What is the big fucking deal about this? They are kids for crying out loud. It's about freedom of choice and expression. If a little boy wants to play with dolls or a little girl wants to play with trucks, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Just because the society "you" grew up in deemed it "wrong" doesn't mean it's a fact. Jesus titty fucking Christ, these kids are KIDS, they should be able to grow up how ever they want. This is why bullies are as prominent as they are today because these idiots behind a TV screen tell these kids it's wrong to be yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    you seem to give a fuck
    I don't give a fuck about them doing it. What pisses me off is the backlash that has happened. Franklin Graham posted on his Facebook account a few days ago about this and how its going to turn all the kids gay and other shit. I read through the comments in that thread and they just made me want to throw up. What upset me is one of my high school friends actually liked the post.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    WHY IS THIS HEADLINE NEWS?!

Even by Fox's piss poor, laughable standards of "news", why is THIS of all the things happening in the world SO IMPORTANT that it makes headline news...

Stories like this are the reason I don't read/watch the news...ever.
    Anything is better than the Kardashians

15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, this is what Mr Franklin Graham had to say on the matter

The Washington Post reports that Target will stop using gender specific signage in their stores. In order to be gender-neutral, they won't be separating things like toys and bedding into boys' and girls' sections. Oh really? And they won’t be using pink and blue colors to identify sexes. I think Target may be forgetting who has made their stores strong. It’s not gender-neutral people out there—it’s working American families, fathers and mothers with boys and girls they love. What’s next? Are they going to try to make people believe that pink or blue baby showers are politically incorrect? I have news for them and for everyone else—God created two different genders. Jesus said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female (Matthew 19:4). You can’t get any clearer than that. If you agree, share in the comments below—and let Target know what you think. Let them know that you are perfectly willing to shop where the genders God created are appreciated. (1-800-440-0680) Target is way off-target on this one!

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't add my thoughts without some context as I'm not aware of this Target situation. It seems pretty innocent.

That said, as an educated person I don't encourage this 'gender neutral' trend in schools and public settings for children. Gender identity is a large part of growth and development and any medical professional could tell you the importance of teaching children gender roles.

If you need to exaggerate, use charged words and scare tactics to make your point, your cause is a joke.

Save the really really really endangered whales by denying your son a Barbie! Buy your daughter an Easy Bake Over to purge suicidal thoughts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care, or better, i may are.

Afterall, when i was a little dude, with no dolls around, my Action Mans had to "screw" each other, meaning the good dude screwed the bad bald dude after the latter got shot with imaginary bullets from the M14.

Just gonna say it the most Gender Neutral Toy that exists is the Dildo. It works for Lesbians,gays,Straights(f/m) Its like the slinky... Who wouldn't play with one be it for sexual fun or regular fun?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Will the children make it to college without Target's campaign? Will the crops wither and die?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is silly. Kids will generally play with anything they're given, and if they want something else it's because they've seen someone else playing with it (friends, kindergarten, commercials). If your son asks for a doll, you know where to find the doll. If you're the one deciding on a gift, you want to give him what kids his age and gender usually like (yes, it does differ by genders).

No kid is going to be harmed because he didn't get to play with a pink barbie, and if he does ask for a pink barbie, the gender separation in the store won't be the thing stopping him from getting it, in fact it'd just make it easier to find. It's a useless stunt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    If you need to exaggerate, use charged words and scare tactics to make your point, your cause is a joke.

Save the really really really endangered whales by denying your son a Barbie! Buy your daughter an Easy Bake Over to purge suicidal thoughts!
    The fact of the matter is suicide is the #1 cause of death of gay teens. I'm not exaggerating anything. Its a fact. Telling your son he can't play with Barbies creates a hostile environment for him to grow up in because it shames him when you say "those are girl toys and you can't play with them".

Deleted
    I see no problem in this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Gender identity is a large part of growth and development and any medical professional could tell you the importance of teaching children gender roles.
    It's ridiculous to pretend that boys have to play with typical "boys"-toys and vice versa. There is nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls, and there is nothing wrong with girls playing with trucks etc.

You heard it here folks! Barbies save lives! Stop suicide with Barbies! No need to cite sources for suicide facts either? So gay teens of every sort need Barbies?

Deleted
    The fact of the matter is suicide is the #1 cause of death of gay teens. I'm not exaggerating anything. Its a fact. Telling your son he can't play with Barbies creates a hostile environment for him to grow up in because it shames him when you say "those are girl toys and you can't play with them".
    Implying homosexual boys (as far as boys know at that age what their sexuality is - I hope they don't and just be kids) automatilcy want to play with dolls.

As if they wouldn't want to play with trucks, or as if some "heterosexual" boys didn't play with dolls.

So much for stereotyping.

Edit: I find the idea of some folks here, that human beings are 100% neutral - everything is conditioned by society disturbing and unscientific. Yes there are behaviours, mindsets etc. connected with the sex of the person. Yes parts of it are taught by society (some are just bilogical). But thats not bad - its a good thing - it structures society and interaction between people.

Some on the left side are trying to bend reality so it fits their worldview. It actually should be the other way around.
    Last edited by mmoc7c21b1639f; 2015-08-12 at 08:56 PM.