Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A really wonderful man. Sad, but death is an eventuality in one form or another.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-08-13 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wasn't a very good president but he made up for it somewhat after office. Hope he beats his cancer.
    90 year old and spread cancer. Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen. Well hope he won't suffer too much.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    to be fair...cancer is going to punch most of us in the mouth
    Perhaps, but it doesn't change my hopes for him and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Perhaps, but it doesn't change my hopes for him and everyone else.
    i just hope to get the good cancer

not that bad ones

FYI your lifetime risk of being diagnosed with cancer is 50% http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/heal...k#heading-Zero

Deleted
    http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerb...k-about-cancer

About half of all men and one-third of all women in the US will develop cancer during their lifetimes.
    He's 90. Not only is it amazing that he's 90, or that he's 90 and is as bright and aware as he still is, but it would be damn impressive if he hadn't had cancer by now. Cancer is common. It's very, very common. Most of you reading this will have cancer. Flip a coin, you'll have cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

Pretty much all of this originated under the Nixon administration and Fed policies at the time.

Why the hell is Carter to blame for OPEC?

This qualifies him as "one of the worst"? Really?

What thigns cuba.

Why is he to blame for them being held hostage?

Abbbbluh?
    " it was Carter who proposed deployment of 200 MIRVed MX missiles in hardened silos to counter an unbridled Soviet buildup. (Under Reagan, only 50 were actually deployed.) Cruise missiles and the B-2 Stealth bomber technology were also born under Carter."

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/...9s03-coop.html

Why is a US president to be blamed for the USSR invading a country?
    This just reeks of "Everything is always the other parties fault!" syndrome.

Sad that hes dying, but...he is getting quite old.

Sad that a thread about his life has to be derailed into "OMG my political party is better than yours lol!!!" syndrome like every other thread
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This just reeks of "Everything is always the other parties fault!" syndrome.
    Literally the only time in that post I "blame the other party" is with regard to economic policy and Nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Sad that a thread about his life has to be derailed into "OMG my political party is better than yours lol!!!" syndrome like every other thread
    Really it transcends Party anyway. Carter just wasn't a good President if you were an American & alive during his term, end of story.

But he's not without his accomplishments in life. I hope he's at peace with whatever decision he makes regarding treatment, and I would like to see that he doesn't suffer if at all possible.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    President Carter released a statement today saying he has liver cancer that has spread to other parts of his body. Given his age this will probably be fatal.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ncer-diagnosis

He gets a lot of (imo undue) flak for his time in office, but the man has done a really incredible amount of good for the world, his passing is going to be a severe loss.
    Not really.

And this isn't even a knack at him. People who have large impacts on other's lives, they have a ripple effect in the lives of others.

My old wrestling coach actually despised Jimmy Carter for boycotting the olympics when there was a good chance that he would've made the squad, so my impression of Carter may be a bit jaded.

*Checks Deadpool*

Didn't have Carter. I have Nancy Reagan though.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-08-13 at 05:17 AM.

This is sad. It's interesting though how the media is - seemingly intentionally - not stating the obvious. He's 90 years old. The cancer has spread to other organs. This is a fatal diagnosis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is sad. It's interesting though how the media is - seemingly intentionally - not stating the obvious. He's 90 years old. The cancer has spread to other organs. This is a fatal diagnosis.
    Being 90 is a fatal diagnosis.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Give us an objective measurable metric.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)

Index = Unemployment rate + Inflation rate

Worst president on that list by a far margin. It was so bad that Carter himself stated before becoming president that anyone with an index number that high doesn't deserve reelection.

In general though, he was a pretty weak president.

Boycott of the Olympics as a response to Russia was a joke
    Iran hostage crisis made a mockery of the US
    his energy policy was to put a solar panel on the roof of the white house and keep the temperature so low he had to swear a sweater all the time
    High inflation and unemployment
    handed over the panama canal

After being voted out he has done some good but generally he is just a race hustler and anti-Semite. That being said, hope he recovers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is a fatal diagnosis.
    When I heard this story, it was accompanied by an expert who stated this is beatable. I see no reason to jump to conclusions.

1. How can you have more than one president at the same time?
    2. Many many other people also have cancer but I don't see a thread every time one of them are diagnosed :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    1. How can you have more than one president at the same time?
    This may seem confusing to those outside the US, but once you've been President you retain certain perks. One of them is that it's customary to be called "Mr. President" for the rest of your life after you've left office.

Also "Former President" or "Ex-President" are titles that the American mainstream media typically reserves for past Republican presidents still alive while past Democrat presidents who are alive tend to be called just "President."

Deleted
    that's sad, but he's 90 years old

I'd say he's lucky to have lived this long
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-08-13 at 12:24 PM.

President Carter released a statement today saying he has liver cancer that has spread to other parts of his body. Given his age this will probably be fatal.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ncer-diagnosis

He gets a lot of (imo undue) flak for his time in office, but the man has done a really incredible amount of good for the world, his passing is going to be a severe loss.
    Terrible President, great humanitarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible news. Hope he beats it.

Sad when a humanitarian like him gets this sort of hand. But getting up to 90 as well as he did is a feat unto itself.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also the last US president to pass his entire time in office without military force being used.
    Stop posting misinformation.

Did you forget the Iran Hostage Crisis and Carter's failed military attempt to rescue them? The result of Operation Eagle Claw was the death of 8 US servicemen.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez