Need input from Brewmasters!

Hey fellow BM's. I know it's been a while since the prune but...

What did you think of Clash being taken away?

I know we have roll and lots of mobility without it but honestly it it was one of my favorite abilities. I liked the way it felt being able to get a lock on someone from a distance in PVP and being able to close gaps or gain a distance with adds in PVE. Roll is similar but it just doesn't feel the same.

I doubt they'll ever bring it back. I'm just curious if there's other players out there that miss it.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Henric View Post
    Hey fellow BM's. I know it's been a while since the prune but...

What did you think of Clash being taken away?

I know we have roll and lots of mobility without it but honestly it it was one of my favorite abilities. I liked the way it felt being able to get a lock on someone from a distance in PVP and being able to close gaps or gain a distance with adds in PVE. Roll is similar but it just doesn't feel the same.

I doubt they'll ever bring it back. I'm just curious if there's other players out there that miss it.

What do you think?
    Oh god I miss Clash...
    The reasoning for taking it out was so stupid: It doesn't work properly and isn't useful. So hey lets NOT FIX IT AND INSTEAD REMOVE IT....

#ripclash

Clash was one of those abilities that was thematically cool (in a "grabbing the bull by the horns" kind of way), but functionally almost never useful, and when it was useful it was awkward.

The solutions to it not working were unfortunately just not very good for the game.

If you could move mobs that would normally not be moved, then it would be grossly overpowered.
    If the stun went off even if the target didn't move, then it would just be weird and not make any sense along with an unnecessary 2nd AoE stun (essentially being a second, free Leg Sweep).

In the end it just didn't add anything to gameplay because the only cases it was useful were ones in which you could have just used one of the many other forms of mobility (and they made Transcendence a lot easier to use as a kind of replacement) or were really just wanting a 2nd Leg Sweep or Death Grip, in which case they could have just given BrM those abilities (but obviously didn't because that would be OP).

BrM is sort of missing that "blargh Ox-man!" kind of ability, but Clash was really a terribly designed ability.

It was decent against hunter-type mobs which refuse to move no matter what. I liked it on Galakras, for example.

But yes, it was coded horribly: sometimes didn't even work properly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it and miss it. Bet ya demon hunters will get it only it will be called something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    I loved it and miss it. Bet ya demon hunters will get it only it will be called something else.
    I would hate to see the new hero class get gutted in the same way after people complain about redundancy or the class being too OP.